Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $500 for tube

Seymour Duncan Customer Support sosomething's Avatar

Default Re: $500 for tube

Quote Originally Posted by misterwhizzy View Post
    I agree. According to a schematic I found online, there is diode clipping happening, but it still feels pretty real. It doesn't clean up as well as some heads, but for the price and features, I think it's a great value. It can get loud (believe it or not) and has unimpressive cleans, but pedals will probably do the trick.
    It ain't about the cleans with that thing, anyway. I'm used to playing stuff from Splawn, Orange, VHT/Fryette, Bogner, Mesa, etc. and that crazy little mini stack felt right to me. That's a major achievement.

Lots of different flavors of good OD and distortion from that box. I was majorly impressed. I'm gonna buy one I think.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Simple, decent first tube amp for less than $500? Ampeg Jet re-issue.

Volume, tone and controls for reverb and tremolo. Starts to overdrive around 3 on the dial, and gets positively crunchy by 5.
    - Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Quote Originally Posted by sosomething View Post
    It ain't about the cleans with that thing, anyway. I'm used to playing stuff from Splawn, Orange, VHT/Fryette, Bogner, Mesa, etc. and that crazy little mini stack felt right to me. That's a major achievement.
    Completely true. I very rarely use the clean channel. The distortion side is what that amp's all about.

Lots of different flavors of good OD and distortion from that box. I was majorly impressed. I'm gonna buy one I think.
    Go for it. It's cheap enough that it's an expensive toy if that's what you want. It can also be useful for recording, but you wouldn't know anything about recording anyway, would you?