Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Well C : Hey diddle diddle, in the well with guitfiddle

Smile The Well C : Hey diddle diddle, in the well with guitfiddle

Thanks to Gr8scott for passing the torch this way.

My name is Tom Williams, and I'm originally from Galax, Virginia. It's about 40 minutes North of Scott's place in Mt Airy.

Born 1970 in a hospital that has since become a drug rehab center.

Started playing guitar in high school at age 13, and bought my first guitar for five bucks.

Moved to Co in 2000, and met my wife in 2001. Had a daughter in 2006. Cook for a living at an outdoor ed center in the mountains.

Anyhoo, fire away and let's see if this will go more than two pages
    - Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Default Re: The Well C : Hey diddle diddle, in the well with guitfiddle

Quote Originally Posted by guitfiddle View Post

Started playing guitar in high school at age 13, and bought my first guitar for five bucks.
    What was it? Do you still have it? If you do, would you trade it for five minutes with Katy Perry?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

It was an old Harmony with slider switches and cheap, fat single coils. I don't even know where it is now.

Buck a minute to trade Katy for the guitar? Yup...that's worth it.
    Last edited by guitfiddle; 09-30-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

There is a mass of innocent people spanning one city block...

Would you rather go on a homicidal rampage with a car or a gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    I dig the wood!

Mount Airy, NC, USA - My johnson can cure Halitosis!

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    If you had to cross swords with a guy while slamming some sorostitute, who would it be? You can't say you wouldn't because YOU HAVE TO CROSS SWORDS.
    LOL!! I like how this question keeps changing now LOL.

My question is as follows.

Hypothetically - your entire family (mom/dad/brothers/sisters/kids/wife/family pets) has been kidnapped by terrorists and are being held in a secure unknown location. The terrorist leader has demanded that you kill five people in the US public spotlight (ie it can't be non-public/ordinary people) using whatever means necessary in the next seven days or your whole family "gets it". You have a unlimited funds at your disposal. All five public figures must assume room temp before your seven days is up. After the job is complete, your family will be free and safe. Any attempt to mount a rescue will obviously be met with a terrible and swift response. Failure to complete the task set before you will also not be pleasant for the captives.

What would you do and how would you do it?

I absolutely love the contrast between these two questions...

Quote Originally Posted by jcthejester13 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post

Hypothetically - your entire family (mom/dad/brothers/sisters/kids/wife/family pets) has been kidnapped by terrorists and are being held in a secure unknown location. The terrorist leader has demanded that you kill five people in the US public spotlight (ie it can't be non-public/ordinary people) using whatever means necessary in the next seven days or your whole family "gets it". You have a unlimited funds at your disposal. All five public figures must assume room temp before your seven days is up. After the job is complete, your family will be free and safe. Any attempt to mount a rescue will obviously be met with a terrible and swift response. Failure to complete the task set before you will also not be pleasant for the captives.

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Quote Originally Posted by jcthejester13 View Post

I'm a decent shot, but I like to drive. Car.

If you had to cross swords with a guy while slamming some sorostitute, who would it be? You can't say you wouldn't because YOU HAVE TO CROSS SWORDS.
    Someone with a smaller sword than me

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    LOL!! I like how this question keeps changing now LOL.

Unlimited funds means they won't see me coming, but I'd try to make the deaths as swift as possible...poison that works in their sleep or something. No need for them to suffer over much for the sins of a buncha radicals.
    Last edited by guitfiddle; 09-30-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    - Tom

Happy Well Day, and congrats on the 100th!

1. A major person that you've appreciated for years (music or life) is coming to your house to enjoy the company of you and your family. You're making dinner. What's your go-to dish?

2. You're at a live show, enjoying a really good artist. All of a sudden, the spotlight swings on you. "Ladies and gentlemen, here's someone I've been hearing a lot about. Let's see if he'll play with us... Tom Williams, come on up!" *thunderous applause*
    a) Who's the artist?
    b) What tune would you enjoy jamming on?
    c) What's your main ax/rig?

"Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Happy Well Day, and congrats on the 100th!

1. A major person that you've appreciated for years (music or life) is coming to your house to enjoy the company of you and your family. You're making dinner. What's your go-to dish?

2. You're at a live show, enjoying a really good artist. All of a sudden, the spotlight swings on you. "Ladies and gentlemen, here's someone I've been hearing a lot about. Let's see if he'll play with us... Tom Williams, come on up!" *thunderous applause*
    a) Who's the artist?
    b) What tune would you enjoy jamming on?
    c) What's your main ax/rig?
    1. Go to dish is a roasted loin of Pork, with demi glaze sauce, carrots made with brown sugar, white wine, and the chili spices (chili, paprika, cumin, touch of cayenne). Some herb roasted potatoes....mmm mmmmm

2. The Allman's...Southbound would be cool, but I'd really dig jamming End Of The Line or Blue Sky with them. My appearance might be the only time a Tele ever sees the light of an ABB stage Amp would be one of the tasty Marshalls onstage, unless Derek let me play the Super Reverb.

My reserve vote would be Robin Trower, and we'd jam the hell out of Too Rolling Stoned.
    Last edited by guitfiddle; 09-30-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    - Tom

Moving to the mountains and new environment of Colorado, did it have any impact on your musical tastes?

What about when you were married or after your daughter was born? Do you still rock out with the angst and intensity of an angry young man or have you mellowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera View Post
    Moving to the mountains and new environment of Colorado, did it have any impact on your musical tastes?

What about when you were married or after your daughter was born? Do you still rock out with the angst and intensity of an angry young man or have you mellowed?
    Well, the thing about out here is that Bluegrass is a novelty to the folks who move here. I'm from Southwest VA, so there is absolutely no novelty left in it for me.

I must say, the one thing that bugs me the most about the music scene out here is how everyone is desparate to mix up five or six different genres to describe their music. Instead of playing rock, folks have to say something like "Country-zydeco-jam-rock-grass". It's a trend that got it's start with Leftover Salmon calling their style "Poly-enthnic-cajun-slamgrass" Drives me nuts.

I did get into Jeff Beck out here. My friend turned me on, and over the next few years Jeff slowly replaced Robin Trower as my favorite guitarist.

Having a wife was much the same for the first few years, then we had a kid, and of course, that changes everything. I can still rock out like an angsty young man, but I've tempered it with more control than I could even think of back then.
    Last edited by guitfiddle; 10-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    - Tom

Holding at one page so far.
    Last edited by guitfiddle; 10-01-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    - Tom

If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life what would it be?

Who has a more bad ass mustache, Sam Elliott or Tom Selleck?
    Oh balls...

I did get into Jeff Beck out here. My friend turned me on, and over the next few years Jeff slowly replaced Robin Trower as my favorite guitarist.
    Care to elaborate on this? I guess the two guitarists are similar in some ways but very different in others. What is it about Jeff that swayed you? As a huge Trower fan, what JB songs should I listen to to see things differently?

If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life what would it be?

Who has a more bad ass moustache, Sam Elliott or Tom Selleck?
    Probably potatoes, even though it's not really a veggie. They're just so damn versatile, you can make then a zillion ways.

Sam Elliot by a mile.
    - Tom

Sam Elliot by a mile.
    I want to high five you right now.
    Oh balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamera View Post
    Care to elaborate on this? I guess the two guitarists are similar in some ways but very different in others. What is it about Jeff that swayed you? As a huge Trower fan, what JB songs should I listen to to see things differently?
    I think most of all, it's that even though both are very proficient at their respective techniques, Jeff just has an ability with melody that Trower can't quite match in my eyes.

Trower can cast a spell, and set some great moods, but Jeff's melodies are just a bit higher in sheer beauty to me.
    - Tom

Dean Hardtail Fanologist Jeff_H's Avatar

What made you move to Colorado? Where exactly do you live in Colorado? You don't cook at The Fort do you?

I basically grew up in CO.

If you had the chance to travel to a different country for a week and for free, where would you go?

Fill in the blank: Peanut butter and ________ Sandwich.
    Oh balls...

If you could only watch one thing on TV for the rest of your life, and it had to be a cartoon, what would it be?

What cartoon character would you want to be?

What cartoon character would you want to do?