Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Well CVII: Welcome To The Kama Sutra

Default Re: The Well CVII: Welcome To The Kama Sutra

^ Man, T4D's gonna be pissed...
    I doubt that man, it's just a great way to start a well....

What, in your opinion, are the best jeans for a 40 year old to gig in?
    👣
    👣
    💀

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    what is your highest level of education
    A level. I took English Literature, Art and Moving Image Arts. I got two As and a C and you get twenty points if you guess which one I got the C in. I also studied two terms of Philosophy at Queens before dropping out and studying Music Technology at BMC before also dropping out of that. I guess those don't really count.

where were you born?
    Right here in good old Belfast. My parents lived all their lives here (so far) and I'll probably be the same.

what is your occupation
    Currently unemployed and leaching all your taxes. Suckers.

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath
    To become someone that I can be proud of, I guess. I'd love to craft at least one piece of music that I can truly say was completely honest. Something striking in either beauty or ugliness but that actually says everything about me. I'd like to be able to sum myself up in something like that, even though I know it's impossible. I guess my main priority in life is to raise a family. I'd love to meet a girl to build a home around. I'd love to have kids and do a good job raising them. Which is weird, because I've never really been much of a family kinda guy. I have a great family that I'm just not that involved in...but I guess you always want what you don't have, right?

I mean, not yet. Definitely not ****in' yet. I'm not done being a kid myself, yet.

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest
    Honestly, I haven't really acheived anything that I'm all that proud of. I'm still alive, which is pretty cool. I have incredible friends who I've known for over half my life, which is an acheivement. Apart from that...nothing really. Actually, I dunno; having the lowest rate of attendence in school and not getting kicked out is something that still makes me smile.

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret
    I've become a pretty ****ty guitarist, which I kinda regret. I've changed a lot since I was a kid...I regret a lot of stuff I said and did back then. Certain words should never have passed my lips, certain rocks should never have left my hand and I definitely should never have been so weak. I regret that.

In my own selfish way though, I guess my biggest regret is not saving a certain relationship. It was well within my power to do it...but I didn't. That's something I still think about almost daily.

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to?
    I doubt that any of you really know much about me at all and to be honest, there isn't a whole lot to know. I'm pretty boring. So yeah...I dunno. I'll come back to this one. Maybe.

what do we think we know about you that is false
    That I'm not as funny as I think I am. I'm actually well aware that I'm not funny.

Ain't gonna stop me trying though.

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day?
    I have a different philosophical truth for every day. All of them are pretty much pointless and meaningless and end in drunken, dumbass, pompous, psuedo-intellectual rants to a group of bored friends that just wish I would shut the **** up.

I guess my latest one is that thoughts and words are ****ing useless without actions to back them up. I hope I stick with that one. At least until I'm rich.

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate?
    They raised me well.

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ?
    They raised me too well.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

favorite childhood memory?
    A vague example: Skimming stones. I love skimming stones. My dad taught me how to do it and I'll teach my kids how to do it. It's a special, sacred image for me...though don't ask why. I have no idea. It's just beautiful.

A more specific example: My dad went on a trip when I was a kid. I was like five or six years old, I think. It wasn't a long trip or anything, just a week in Dublin with some friends to run the marathon. When he came back he brought me gifts; a box of chocolates and a teddy bear (I still liked teddy bears when I was five...I don't know if that's embarrassingly late in life and frankly I don't care). Anyway, when he came back I had this huge fight with him. I have no idea what it was about but I said some pretty savage things that I had no business saying to him. I tried to run away but he stopped me at the gate and pretty much forced me back into the house. I was crying and screaming and cursing and trying to fight him off me and whatever. That wasn't normal for me...I really wish I knew what made me so upset.

Anyway, I ran to my room and I took the teddy bear that he had given me and threw it out into the hall and lay in my room crying for hours.

He came up later and didn't say anything, just put the bear in my arms and patted me on the head. That was all it took. I guess that was it...I knew it was okay and that I was forgiven and that he was there for me. That was a good feeling. Just being forgiven and accepted. I still remember that pretty vividly.

Actually, apart from at a funeral, I'm pretty sure that was the last time I've cried. Huh.

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true
    I'm not a virgin any more. Woo!

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true
    I was a lot more optimistic back then. I'd like a little of that back.

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome
    Hopefully I'll have a little more direction and meaning in my life. Some more education would be nice too.

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid
    Judging by my hairline, I'll probably be well on my way to being bald. I'm not looking forward to that. No offence, of course.

tell us of your most influential romantic relationship - how did it start - how did it end (if it has ended) - how did it influence who you are today
    That's going to be one of my big old stupidly long, self-important, rambling answers that no one will read. I'll come back to it when I have more coffee in my system.

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose
    I can't pick one thing, I'd change pretty much everything.

I guess it's a toss up between not being so directionless and not being hurt so much by everything.

Probably the directionless thing.

Christ, man. That took it out of me. I'm starting to develop the claw, I think...
    Last edited by Kam; 11-18-2010 at 06:44 PM.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

^ Kudos to anyone who actually made it through all that ****.

If you could go on vacation anywhere in the states right now, where would it be?

What kind of toppings on your pizza do you prefer?

Have you ever gone to jail? Care to tell us what for?

If you could slam any 3 famous females right now, who would they be?
    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

I doubt that man, it's just a great way to start a well....

What, in your opinion, are the best jeans for a 40 year old to gig in?
    **** man, as long as they're not crotchless then you're probably okay. Jeans are timeless. I like ripped up jeans but obviously whatever suits you.

And thanks for being the first person to ever ever ever come to me in search of fashion advice. I can cross that off the aul bucket list now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    If you could go on vacation anywhere in the states right now, where would it be?
    I've been to the States a couple of times, actually. NYC thrice, Orlando twice, Tampa once and Washington D.C. once. I loved it each time. I met some really incredible, warm, friendly people who did nothing but make me feel welcome and happy in your country.

I have plans to visit again some time next Autumn. If everything works out then I'll be spending some time in San Francisco, Nevada, Vegas and then staying a while up in Oregon.

I'm actually a lot more interested in seeing the lesser known parts of America, the wilderness and the small towns and countryside. I'd love to visit Yellowstone. I'd love to see Seattle and some of the surrounding landscape. I'd love to take a roadtrip across the country, through the deserts and the mountains and all the impressive terrain that America offers. NYC and D.C. were the only cities I really had a huge desire to see, now I'm more interested in small town America. Just the regular country and regular people. Hopefully it's something that I'll get to do before I die. After seeing more of Europe it's very close to the top of my list.

Just wanna see what all the fuss is about, really.

What kind of toppings on your pizza do you prefer?
    I'm a lot more fussy about the base of a pizza than what's on top. That's what makes or breaks a good pie for me. I'd probably go with spicy chicken, green peppers, olives, onions, jalapenos, some nice cheese and plenty of grease.

Have you ever gone to jail? Care to tell us what for?
    Never been to jail but I've come close a couple of times. Getting chased by the police used to be a hobby of mine. I always managed to evade them, though. Just stupid kid ****, really. If they really wanted to arrest me then they would have caught me.

A cop totally wiped me out once. I was running and he pretty much clotheslined me, completely flooring me. I didn't even see him and before I knew it I had my face in the ground and his knee in my back with him telling me I was being arrested. Lucky break though; I was in a pretty big crowd and evidently someone behind me did something much worse than me because he got off me and went to grab someone else, completely ignoring me. I didn't really know what to do so I walked away kinda slow and confused but he didn't come after me. I wish I could find whatever guy distracted him and shake his hand.

That's about it, really. I've never been in any real serious trouble with the law.

If you could slam any 3 famous females right now, who would they be?
    ****...probably the toughest question so far. Pretty much any girl that Jessie posts a picture of. That dude has impeccable taste.

Though, I obviously would have a hard time turning down any of these three:

Just off the top of my head, really. I'm not exactly up to date on current famous women. I should work on that.
    Last edited by Kam; 11-18-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Ridiculously large Rhona replaced by perfectly sized Evangeline.

asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger
    a grasshopper

three people living or dead you'd like a 5 min conversation with
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

^ What's the Shania rule again?

it is generally accepted that any male, who could do anything, would do Shania Twain

so please dont just say Shania Twain
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

What would you describe as your biggest passion in life?
    Ministers and superstars
    are drinking champagne in their cars
    6 strings on a 12 guitar
    all my dreams are made of stars
    and the rock and roll still burns in me

Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post
    asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go
    Punching a dragon in the balls to save a fair maiden. Then I'd punch her too. Just for making me jump through hoops and fight a mother****in' DRAGON. Then I'd probably sleep with her mum (who's probably way better in bed anyway, not to mention more ****ing grateful) and chew some bubblegum.

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger
    a grasshopper
    I don't think I've eaten an oyster but I've eaten mussels and other ****ty seafood. I don't get it. People think it's disgusting to eat slugs and insects that live on land but just because it has some pretentious shell and lives under the sea it's fine all of a sudden?

Not for me, thanks.

I've eaten a booger when I was a kid. My own, of course. Pretty salty.

No grasshoppers either. I don't have a problem with it but I don't think I could do it if it was still alive. That would freak me out.

three people living or dead you'd like a 5 min conversation with
    My friend from primary school who died of Leukemia.

Jesus. I know everyone says him but I'd love to get him drunk and start a fistfight with him, just to see if it made it into the bible.

The first guy who ever milked a cow, just to ask him what the **** he was doing.
    Last edited by Kam; 11-20-2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: It really wasn't sarcastic enough.

Just for good measure:

Quote Originally Posted by Gingrel View Post
    What would you describe as your biggest passion in life?
    Well, music's kinda a given. So I'll just say beanie babies.

So if no one has any more questions, I'm just going to start posting songs that I like...

No one wants to know anything?

If I could steal anyone's voice, it'd probably be this guy. ^^^

Dean Hardtail Fanologist Jeff_H's Avatar

List your 3 favorite, traditional Irish meals.

List your 3 favorite beers.

List your 3 favorite hard liquors.

I'd ask you to post a pic, but I have this image of you that I don't want to blow.

SGs rule!
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    I'd ask you to post a pic, but I have this image of you that I don't want to blow.
    So...wait. You're saying that if I post a picture you will want to blow?

I'm flattered, man, and I really like you and stuff but I'm sorry, you're just not my type, dude.

Anyway, I've posted pictures of myself here before. I'll throw another one up here if you like. Just don't be picturing me as some ****ing leprechaun.
    Last edited by Kam; 11-21-2010 at 08:22 AM.

^ Had to post that seperate in case it gets nuked. I hate typing things twice...

List your 3 favorite, traditional Irish meals.
    Well, as Redmist said in his Well, I'm really not sure how unique or culturally independant any of our traditional dishes really are. Our food tends to be just good, hardy meals consisting of standard vegetables and cooked meats like beef, pork and lamb. There aren't a whole lot of really adventurous uses of herbs and spices or anything like that, so it's really hard to pick a favourite meal, since I have more of a taste for Eastern or European flavours.

I mean, we're known for potatoes, whiskey and famine. That says it all, right there.

I guess potato bread is fairly unique to us, and it's delicious. It's one of the only culinary things I miss when I'm away from home.

Irish stew is fairly popular here, especially in the winter, though it's not one of my favourites.

I'm not sure exactly how Irish it is, but I've had seafood chowder in some coastal towns around Ireland and it hasn't been like anything I've had anywhere in the world, even in America, so I guess I'll include that.

Apart from that, I'll include Guinness...since it's so thick it's pretty much a meal in a glass, anyway.

List your 3 favorite beers.
    I'm really not that fussy about beer, I'll drink anything. I do generally prefer bottles to cans though. If I have a choice, I'll usually drink Guinness or Stella...though the Pilsner I had in Prague was definitely one of my favourites.

List your 3 favorite hard liquors.
    I like Jack Daniels and would drink it whenever I get a chance. I recently got a bottle of Gentleman Jack, which I really enjoyed too. Tastes pretty much like Jack but a lot smoother and easier to drink. Twas good stuff.

I really like Rum and I'll drink pretty much any variety of it. Captain Morgans is my usual if I'm out and about in a rum kinda mood.

While this isn't exactly a hard liquor, I just have to include it:

Buckfast is a fortified, tonic wine which fuses 15% alcohol with more caffeine than Red Bull. It's ****ing rocket fuel. I really like the taste and the drunkenness is always the fun kind, not just the bleary-eyed tongue-tied drunk that makes you retarded.

There's a lot of controversy around it, though. They've tried to ban it a couple of times, with a lot of pundits in the media blaming it for increased levels of violence in some area of Ireland and Scotland. It's brewed by monks in Devon in England, in a place called Buckfast Abbey (home of the Buckfast Bee, apparently) though it hasn't really taken off in England, just Ireland and Scotland. We're crazier than them, apparently.

If you ever make it across to Ireland I'll buy you a bottle. Me and a couple fo friends have started to really perfect our Buckfast cocktails. Be scared, man. Be very scared...