Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Well CXI: with GuitarStv . . . Well here I am

Default Re: The Well CXI: with GuitarStv . . . Well here I am

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    If you could fight any historical figure, who would it be?

What kind of dining set defines YOU as a person?
    lol . . . I like the fight club nod with these questions.

Historical figure:

Musashi Miyamoto . . . he wrote the Book of Five Rings and was supposed to be a heck of a martial artist, developing his own sword fighting style in the late 1500s. It would be cool to see how much of his skill is historical hype and how much was real. It would also be pretty cool to see how a samurai's skill with a sword translates to hand-to-hand combat.

Dining Set:

I think that this handsome reclaimed wood dining set captures the economy of my personality . . . or at least it looks like a colour that I'd enjoy on a guitar.

If you were into pets, would you prefer a dog or a cat? Why?

Which of your favorite music selections would surprise us?

"Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

ok
    now for my 5 questions

asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger
    a grasshopper

three people living or dead you'd like a 5 min conversation with.
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    If you were into pets, would you prefer a dog or a cat? Why?
    I am into pets, and am definitely a dog person. I had a little spaniel when I was growing up, and she was a fantastic pet . . . loving, affectionate, and very smart. I never really got the whole point with cats . . . if I want something to ignore me most of the time and only come when I feed it I'd just throw some bread crumbs at pigeons in the park or something. Also, the whole thing about letting a pet poop in the house (even in a litter box) never made any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Which of your favorite music selections would surprise us?
    My musical taste is very eclectic . . . electronic music, rock, metal, jazz, blues, funk, soul. I've even got a bit of a soft spot for the terrible 90s dance music that I grew up with. Technotronic, 2 Unlimited, Snap, House of Pain, Biz Markie, Young MC, Snow, MC Hammer . . . I used to love that stuff.

have you ever been to scarborough fair?

favorite hockey team?

favorite hot wing flavor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

My father is an engineer, and his greatest achievement, or 'claim to fame' was turbines and fan blades...used in Formula 1's and a simple household item. As an engineer, what creation would you like to leave as your legacy?

Which hobby do you foresee yourself taking part in, in your older years....knowing you'll enjoy it, but it's on the backburner?

If you were to treat yourself and buy a sports car tomorrow, knowing it will be your daily driver for years, what would you choose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post
    ok
    now for my 5 questions

asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go
    I think that Neo had a pretty cool gig in the Matrix (not the two horrible sequels) . . . I would like to take over his spot in those movies. Waking up from everyday drudgery to discover that you're some kind of crazy machine superman who has to save the human race is pretty sweet.

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger
    a grasshopper
    yep
    yep
    yep

As a kid I'd eat just about anything that was in range of my hands . . . this includes soap, chalk, insects, boogers . . . As far as oysters go, I've had one. Which should do me for the rest of my life I figure . . . yuck.

three people living or dead you'd like a 5 min conversation with.
    Jesus - would be interesting to get his own take and perspective on the things said/written about him and done in his name.

Robin Williams - This guy is pretty damned hilarious . . . and very quick witted. Although I might not get a word in edgewise, I think it would be an interesting conversation to have.

I never knew either of my grandfathers as they both died before I was born . . . it would be great to get the chance to know either of them for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by newking70 View Post
    have you ever been to scarborough fair?
    Nope. I couldn't even sing the song without googling it for the lyrics . . .

favorite hockey team?
    Ottawa Sens

favorite hot wing flavor?
    Honey Garlic wings are pretty awesome . . . although they're not all that hot.

My father is an engineer, and his greatest achievement, or 'claim to fame' was turbines and fan blades...used in Formula 1's and a simple household item. As an engineer, what creation would you like to leave as your legacy?
    Most engineering that I work on is a refinement and improvement of existing designs. Take a concept and make it work a little bit better, make it a little bit cheaper, rework it to be able to handle a different application. Important . . . yes. Probably going to be in use for 20 - 30 years . . . yes. Exciting . . . nah.

I did however have a million dollar idea while in university . . . it combines the obnoxiousness of people who leave their cell-phones on WHERE EVER THEY GO and the obnoxiousness of people who ALWAYS BLAST BASS from their cars all the time. I call it the CELL PHONE SUBWOOFER. You just hook up an unobtrusive backpack (with a 15" woofer and litium ion battery powered amp inside) to your cell phone. Then sit back and wait for the calls to deafen people around you.

I just need endorsement from 1 rapper somewhere and this idea would get bigger than buying spinners for your Escalade.

Which hobby do you foresee yourself taking part in, in your older years....knowing you'll enjoy it, but it's on the backburner?
    I used to sketch quite often, and would love to learn to use charcoal for art. It's the kind of thing that I could see myself picking back up when I've got more time.

If you were to treat yourself and buy a sports car tomorrow, knowing it will be your daily driver for years, what would you choose?
    I would build a sports car with some help from my dad, not buy a new one. I'd like to go with the body of a 2nd gen Dodge Viper (from back before they decided to make them all square and ugly) and the engine from a Toyota Corolla. This way I get the awesome looks of a sports car, without the high insurance costs and poor gas mileage. Also, those little toyota engines are pretty reliable if you keep up with basic maintenance. I'll also be less tempted to drag race or do other things that might get my car impounded.

What is your favorite...

ice cream flavor?

fruit?

vegetable?

pickup manufacturer?

Irish/Korean person?

forum administrator?

restaurant?

dictator?

athlete?

financial institution?

past US president? (I know your Canadian)

christmas movie?

clothing brand?

TV show?

top 5 animals?
    Oh balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    What is your favorite...

ice cream flavor?
    I fricking love this 'Chocolate Fudge Crackle' stuff with a little chocolate syrup:

fruit?
    George Takei . . . no wait, trick question . . . I mean Oranges. :P

vegetable?
    Tomato's are the best of the veggies . . . well, that's what I used to think, but apparently they're not veggies. So . . . my next favorite would have to be snow peas.

pickup manufacturer?
    I think that SD makes the best pickups overall from what I've tried . . . that said, the DiMarzio pickups in my SoCal are fricking awesome pickups and aren't going to be switched any time soon.

Irish/Korean person?
    Uh . . . I have a very strong mental image of a leprechaun yelling at me about his pot of gold in a thick Korean accent right now . . .

forum administrator?
    Stevie_Bees

restaurant?
    Chicago Pizza Kitchen located here:

It might be the only place in Toronto that you can get a fantastic deep dish pizza for a reasonable price.

dictator?
    There aren't really any shining examples that come to mind . . . maybe Napoleon? He did end up establishing rule of law for most of Europe, freed the Jews in France, and helped to introduce the metric system to the world (well except to you guys in the States). Can't really get on board with all of his methods of warfare . . . he did seem to love to throw away people's lives.

athlete?
    Buakaw Por Pramuk . . . Some of the most exciting K-1 fights that I've seen have been from this little guy.

financial institution?
    Can't say I'm too pleased with any of them at the moment.

past US president? (I know your Canadian)
    For all his faults, it's hard to argue against the importance of Lincoln.

Christmas movie?
    The Grinch Who Stole Christmas was my favourite as a kid, I don't really watch Christmas specific movies any more . . .

clothing brand?
    HCK makes the toughest, best priced gis for Jiu-Jitsu that I've seen anywhere. For regular street clothes I don't really pay too much attention to brands.

TV show?
    I think that Dexter is the best currently running show.

top 5 animals?
    Dogs - Most loving
    People - Most potential
    Starfish - Coolest regenerative abilities
    Ants - Most industrious
    Hagfish - Most unfortunate face:

I really like Dexter too. I think Julie Benz is an absolute slampeice.
    Oh balls...

Ultimate Tone Slacker woemoejack's Avatar

MMA fights: best fight you've ever seen?

Who do you believe is the top pound-for-pound fighter? Give supporting arguments.

Pick the winner of these imaginary fights and tell us how he won. Consider the match happening when both fighters are in their prime:

Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
    Cung Le vs. BJ Penn
    Fedor Emelianenko vs. Cain Velasquez
    Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris (lol)
    Beer me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Quote Originally Posted by woemoejack View Post
    MMA fights: best fight you've ever seen?
    The second Matt Hughes/BJ Penn fight was cool to watch, right up until the third round where BJ started to look pretty gassed. I was probably most interested in the UFC83 fight between Danzig and my my old jiu-jitsu instructor, just because it was like 'Woah, that's the dude that showed me how to do side control on TV'. Pretty trippy . . .

Who do you believe is the top pound-for-pound fighter? Give supporting arguments.
    I can't play this game . . . at the level that most of the pro fighters are at it comes down to day to day health, mental preparation and the like. I think Manny Pacquiao's a hell of a boxer, I like Fedor and GSP a lot in MMA (but there's a whole long list that I could go with here), I like Buakaw in K-1. Don't follow Judo closely enough to pick someone out (especially since the retarded rule change last year that disallowed some of my favorite techniques).

Pick the winner of these imaginary fights and tell us how he won. Consider the match happening when both fighters are in their prime:

Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
    My fight predictions usually suck, so I just stick to cheering people on. I like it when I can see people try techniques that I know to figure out if I'm doing something wrong in practice or to see counters that I should be aware of. Here's who I'd be rooting for . . .

Georges St. Pierre - MMA is filled with guys who are hard workers, but GSP is a whole other level. He's always in great shape for his stuff. When he's not distracted by anything he can put up a hell of a fight. Canadian too.

Cung Le vs. BJ Penn
    BJ - I think that BJ Penn's a pretty incredible fighter, it's awesome to watch how his Jiu-Jitsu skill is intermeshed with his boxing. I got a chance to meet and train with him once at a seminar and he seemed like a pretty cool guy too. I thought that he was a lot lighter weight than Le too . . . Le's got some very exciting stand up moves, which would make this a fun match to watch.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Cain Velasquez
    Fedor - The man is just a Juggernaut in the ring, recent loss not withstanding.

Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris (lol)
    I've never seen either of them fight, so I'm not sure that I'd even be able to pick out someone to root for. If Bruce was as fast as he was supposed to be it probably would be cool to watch though . . . Chuck was supposed to have been quite the tournament fighter back in the day.

Jay 77

Which do you despise more at 4pm - DVP or Gardiner?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 77 View Post
    Which do you despise more at 4pm - DVP or Gardiner?
    DVP . . . but that's only because I have to drive on it (although just for a short stretch) every day. Bonus hate is attributed whenever we have snow, which can turn otherwise normal every day drivers into quivering piles of suck.

TheProphet

Alright ultimate fighting championship ... Prison Rules Only

Quarter Finals

Bout A: Albert Einstein vs. Stephen Hawkins
    Bout B: Thomas Edison vs. Isaac Newton
    Bout C: Michael Faraday vs. Nicola Tesla
    Bout D: Pierre Trudeau vs. Al Gore

Semi Finals

Bout E: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout D
    Bout F: Winner of Bout B vs. Winner of Bout C

Final Round

Winner of Bout E vs. Winner of Bout F

Some funny questions in this thread and some great answers by Steve too!!
    Guess I'll contribute a couple of questions:

I guess it's too silly to ask what your favorite NHL team is since I can guess it must be the Maple Leafs, but since you are Canadian and me liking icehockey a lot, I just got to ask you one hockey queston at least so:
    - What NATIONAL hockey teams would you support the most after Canada, so in other words, what national team would you sympathise most with after Canada? And at number three would be??
    - Could you name (up to) five of your all time greatest heroes, all goes, historical, fictional, music, family, all goes. Just clarify why they inspired you the most and became your biggest heroes please.
    -I can see you like (and have practiced, maybe still do) martial arts like myself, so I must ask at least one queston about that too : What do you think of the Pacman Vs Mayweather fight that was supposed to take place?? Do you think Mayweather rather not fights Manny?? How would that fight go if it took place you think?

Since you already answered about a million questions in this thread, I'll leave it to that Steve!

Thanks in advance for your reply!
    "You can buy muscles (stero´ds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Alright ultimate fighting championship ... Prison Rules Only

Quarter Finals

Bout A: Albert Einstein vs. Stephen Hawking
    Bout B: Thomas Edison vs. Isaac Newton
    Bout C: Michael Faraday vs. Nicola Tesla
    Bout D: Pierre Trudeau vs. Al Gore

Semi Finals

Bout E: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout D
    Bout F: Winner of Bout B vs. Winner of Bout C

Final Round

Winner of Bout E vs. Winner of Bout F
    Main Bouts:
    Bout A: Stephen Hawking - He has limited mobility, but will still be able to dominate a dead guy . . .
    Bout B: Draw - both are dead
    Bout C: Draw - both are dead
    Bout D: Al Gore . . . Trudeau is dead.

Semi-Finals:
    Bout E: Seeing as this has the only two people who aren't corpses on the card, this will be the prime attraction of fight night. I predict an Al Gore win after he tips over Hawkings wheelchair.
    Bout F: Uh, draw still?

Finals:
    Short of him being incapacitated by some disease that comes from the corpse of his opponent, Al Gore should be able to marshal his strength to kick the crap out of whatever dead guy was chosen to advance to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
    Some funny questions in this thread and some great answers by Steve too!!
    Guess I'll contribute a couple of questions:

I guess it's too silly to ask what your favorite NHL team is since I can guess it must be the Maple Leafs, but since you are Canadian and me liking icehockey a lot, I just got to ask you one hockey queston at least so:
    - What NATIONAL hockey teams would you support the most after Canada, so in other words, what national team would you sympathise most with after Canada? And at number three would be??
    First of all, I'm not a Leafs fan . . . I have nothing against the team, but Maple Leafs fans in Toronto are some of the most obnoxious people I've ever known. (Although they've been a lot quieter in the years that the Leafs haven't even made the playoffs.) I've been an Ottawa Sens fan for ages now . . .

National hockey teams?

I'd probably cheer for Poland simply because half of my family was originally from there . . . the Russian teams are usually pretty fast and exciting to watch as well.

- Could you name (up to) five of your all time greatest heroes, all goes, historical, fictional, music, family, all goes. Just clarify why they inspired you the most and became your biggest heroes please.
    Hmm . . . just off the top of my head I have three names for you:

My Dad has always been a hero of mine. Watching how he was able to cope with so many problems (he lost his right leg in a motorcycle accident, the way that he handled the divorce with my mom, he ended up quitting a job that he hated and moving into a profession that he loves, etc.) and stay positive has really shaped how I try to handle adversity.

Jigoro Kano - He was a small, weak guy who decided to better himself by learning a martial art to a very high level. He created Judo (which ended up being the basis for Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu) by taking techniques from other Japanese martial arts, figuring out which ones were the most efficient and effective, and organizing them into a teachable system. That's a pretty impressive legacy of determination to leave behind.

Louis Armstrong - This guy came from a rough area of New Orleans to a mother who was a prostitute, living through segregation and all of the racial stuff that was going on at the time. Somehow he managed to focus on the positive from all of that and become a master at what he loved doing.

-I can see you like (and have practiced, maybe still do) martial arts like myself, so I must ask at least one queston about that too : What do you think of the Pacman Vs Mayweather fight that was supposed to take place?? Do you think Mayweather rather not fights Manny?? How would that fight go if it took place you think?
    From what I can gather, it seems like Mayweather's camp doesn't have a lot of confidence in their fighter . . . which is a shame, because I think that that would be a great fight to watch. From what I've been reading Mayweather's camp keeps coming up with lists of demands, Pacquiao's camp *****es about them, then eventually agrees to most of them, and then Mayweather's side refuses. I suspect that this fight will never happen . . .

I like Pacquiao in this fight, but think it would be very close.