Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Well CXVII: Hoss is Boss!!!

Default The Well CXVII: Hoss is Boss!!!

Well...i guess it's that time...get it..."Well"?!

Anyways, now that you've already witnessed my incredible humor...ask away...i'll answer truthfully and candidly!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Asshatologist

Default Re: The Well CXVII: Hoss is Boss!!!

Your top five forum members and a paragraph on why for each.

Last meal?

Favorite coffee?

Favorite band?

Favorite car?
    Last edited by grumptruck; 05-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.

TheProphet

Top 5 movies?

Ideal pizza?

How do you eat an oreo cookie?

Say you win $10 million in the lottery, what are the first 5 things you do?

As far as your rig is concerned, describe your favorite sound that you get from it.

Favorite drink?

If you were given an unlimited budget to go on holiday, but could only go to one place, where would you go?

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

Which famous guitarists/musicians dead or alive would you like to jam with?

Who are your biggest inspirations?

If you endured a plane crash and the other survivors were Lucid, GuitarStv, Jolly, KRS, Scott_F, Simon_F, and Aceman ... what would happen?

Favorite:
    - Muscle Car
    - Military Plane
    - Locomotive
    - Sea fairing vehicle
    - Sport to play or watch

What brought you to the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have a crap load of stories like these. I've been in tons of bands playing guitar or drums.

I played with a drummer that is prolly one of the best I've ever herd locally but by the time it was time to get on stage to do our set. He was so drunk he could not walk. After that band, I joined a new band that was also looking for a drummer. We posted adds and auditioned 2 drummers. One was a kid just out of high school that sucked and the other was a weird guy with a large lump on his neck. He sucked also. We picked the kid thinking he would get better. He didn't, but the funny thing was that even though lump wasn't in the band, he still showed up for every practice in case the kid didn't show up. Same band, the singer quit, we posted an add for a singer and lump showed up again wanting to sing. Sucked at that too. This one guy came and he was good so we picked him. He brought a friend which was also a singer and he wanted his friend in the band to sing backup and strum acoustic. Turns out his friend was way better and the first guy was getting mad because his buddy was getting all the attention. He quit and busted the other dude out for being gay. Not a big deal, gay people don't bother me at all. But when he took a liking of our bass player, it was then time for him to go. New band a few years later, everything was awesome, had a great album recorded in a studio. Won battle of the bands. Had a great following. We packed the biggest bar in Louisville whenever we played there. The singer..... Well it was a metal rap band so... The rapper/band leader actually thought he was famous, he would book tons of shows, every weekend, all weekend and not even tell anyone or ask anyone if they had time to do that show. I quit that band for that reason. That's just a few I can think of right now. But the worst part of all these bands is. I'm not a drinker. I hate the taste, smell and feeling. But every band I have been in, everyone else is. So naturally, after the show, everyone is drunk and wanting to stick around and party with there friends all night. Which is fine but I want to leave after the show. I usualy always got stuck loading my van by myself with everyones stuff and taking it all back to my house where we practiced and unloading it. Sucked.

Please excuse my bad grammar and typos. I hate typing on this iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    hmmm...i wonder who that first drummer you mentioned was?! hah! he was good though...wasn't he!?

you forgot to mention the singer who sometimes played bass or guitar but never practiced and would always have to cancel every other time and never seemed to be able to fully committ to anything?!!?
    Alright Bro! I've been waiting for months to hear this rest of this story.
    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

If you could kick one forum member off the forums forever who would it be?

Would you watch a sextape of Grump and Kam if you knew you would get paid $10,000.00?

Top 3 favorite politicians ever?

If you could be reincarnated into any 5 animals, which ones would you pick and why?

If you had a pick of any carry handgun and it was the only one you could ever own, what would you pick?
    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Quote Originally Posted by grumptruck View Post
    Your top five forum members and a paragraph on why for each.

Last meal?

Favorite coffee?

Favorite band?

Favorite car?
    I know i said i would answer honestly and candidly...and honestly i couldn't name five if my life depended on it. I've been here far too long and have grown close to far too many members to make that list.

A lot of you have been there for me in the good times and bad. And have helped me out in so many ways...through your generous hearts i have grown to realize this great big world we live in/on is smaller than i originally thought. You all have taught me that lesson and it's one that is always welcomed and well received.

Last meal - A Filet Mignon cooked medium rare...seasoned with only salt and pepper. Three huge sea scallops wrapped in maple flavored bacon seared on both sides just right. An ear of sweet corn with real butter and sea salt, roasted in it's own husk. A big Sweet potato with cinnamon and brown sugar and butter. All washed down with a large heavily iced glass of Coca-Cola Classic...yep that would do it!

Favorite Coffee - We have a chain of stores around here called Meijer and they have an in house brand of beans called "Michigan Cherry"...those freshly ground with CoffeeMate liquid Italian Sweet Creme is absolutely, positively D-I-V-I-N-E!

Favortie Band - That's probably no secret. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are without a doubt my all time fave! I know they are not for everyone...but i've always just "got it" with them. So honest...so real...it's the perfect music to me.

Favorite Car - My first car...a 1977 Black and Gold Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am. It was my brothers before me and it came into my possesion when i was around 14 years old. It was in pretty bad shape then and my father and i dropped it off at this guys shop in town and told him to make it look and run brand new again...whatever it took and to take his time and that we would pay him over the course of the next few years. 2 years later, after we visited it several times at different stages of restoration, it was finally complete and WOW...it looked like it rolled off the showroom floor! I'll never forget it!
    Last edited by Hoss; 05-12-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Last meal - A Filet Mignon cooked medium rare...seasoned with only salt and pepper. Three huge sea scallops wrapped in maple flavored bacon seared on both sides just right. An ear of sweet corn with real butter and sea salt, roasted in it's own husk. A big Sweet potato with cinnamon and brown sugar and butter. All washed down with a large heavily iced glass of Coca-Cola Classic...yep that would do it!
    You forgot some biscuits and gravy dummy.
    I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Mojo's Minions

What is your favorite piece of gear...the one you would never part with?

What's your favorite thing about your wife relationship-wise? (nothing indiscrete intended of course)

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Top 5 movies?

Ideal pizza?

How do you eat an oreo cookie?

Say you win $10 million in the lottery, what are the first 5 things you do?

As far as your rig is concerned, describe your favorite sound that you get from it.

Favorite drink?

If you were given an unlimited budget to go on holiday, but could only go to one place, where would you go?

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

Which famous guitarists/musicians dead or alive would you like to jam with?

Who are your biggest inspirations?

If you endured a plane crash and the other survivors were Lucid, GuitarStv, Jolly, KRS, Scott_F, Simon_F, and Aceman ... what would happen?

Favorite:
    - Muscle Car
    - Military Plane
    - Locomotive
    - Sea fairing vehicle
    - Sport to play or watch

What brought you to the forum?
    Top 5 movies? Sorry some are series and my wee little mind can't separate them...haah
    1. Matrix series
    2. Lord of the Rings series
    3. Harry Potter series
    4. Braveheart
    5. Passion of the Christ

Ideal pizza? Giordano's Chicago style deep dish stuffed pizza with sausage and pepperoni...it doesn't get any better than that!

How do you eat an oreo cookie? I actually don't...don't really like them very well. I'm not a fan of chocolate at all.

Say you win $10 million in the lottery, what are the first 5 things you do? Great questions btw!
    1.Build a new Church for the Church we attend.
    2.Pay mine and all of my relatives bills off so they start from scratch. (couldn't give them all a million with only 10million to work with.
    3.Fix my house up and sell it and take that money and more and buy a nice but modest house in florida near the gulf.
    4.Make sure my daughters college fund is set.
    5.Let my wife decide what to do with the rest.

As far as your rig is concerned, describe your favorite sound that you get from it. I've got it set right on the edge of breakup...where i can either kick in the Helium boost to put it just on the other side or maybe be a little more aggresive with my pick attack to get there. It's a great rhythmn sound, and it helps me carry the songs along very well.

Favorite drink?When it comes right down to it...i really like a tall glass loaded with ice and a Coca-Cola Classic.

If you were given an unlimited budget to go on holiday, but could only go to one place, where would you go?I'd love to have that opportunity and it changes often because i think of it often. Right now...given that i've recently discovered my Irish heritage...i'd say Ireland. I LOVE history and landscapes.

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? They don't call Him the "Big G" for nothing!

Which famous guitarists/musicians dead or alive would you like to jam with? Easy...Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers! I mean how cool would that be?! It would take me a few heart pounding moments to proably even attempt to strum my strings...but i would GO FOR IT after that for sure!

Who are your biggest inspirations? My dad is at the top. He was an amazing person. Not even my paternal father, but my uncle, who adopted me late in life to give me a home that i could have a chance in. Fought in WW2 in the Philipines on a PT Boat. Worked his tail off to make sure that i had everything i needed and more. His determination and kind heart are what makes me who i am today. I'm trying to be but half the man he was...i'm trying.

If you endured a plane crash and the other survivors were Lucid, GuitarStv, Jolly, KRS, Scott_F, Simon_F, and Aceman ... what would happen? Lucid would find a way to get wasted on plants and proably start mistaking us for "river ladies".
    GuitarStv would proably be the most sane one of the bunch, although he would insist we all wear our hats backwards.
    Jolly would cry himself to sleep everynight...weeping the words "Simon...i Love you pussy cat!"
    KRS would taste like turtle.
    Scott_F would probably find oil and make us all partners so we would be rich when rescued.
    Simon_F and i would talk about British Comedies and entertain people by acting out Fawlty Towers episodes.
    Aceman would build us a shelter like Robinson Crusoe and fashion us all weapons out of sticks and turn us into a warrior tribe bent on conquest and plunder!
    All in all...sounds like a better plot than Lost!

Favorite:
    - Muscle Car
    1966 Chevelle SS my dream car
    - Military Plane - A-10 warthog...what's cooler than that?!
    - Locomotive - Hogwart's Express
    - Sea fairing vehicle - Pirate ship
    - Sport to play or watch - BASKETBALL...i lived, ate, and slept it when i was young. I am an absolute FANATIC about Kentucky Wildcats Basketball!!!

What brought you to the forum? I bought this Tele dlx in a store and the middle pickup had writing on it..."Seymour Duncan". I came her and found out it was a Hot Rails...and as they say..."The rest is history!"

Keep them coming fellas...i'm off to grill some Pork Chops, Corn on the Cob, and a basket full of green peppers, red peppers, vidalia onions, and baby bella mushrooms!

Later...look forward to it!

Mike

What is your favorite verse or passage?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? They don't call Him the "Big G" for nothing!
    I've never heard anyone call Lemmy that before.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Luckybastidologist bungalowbill's Avatar

How many dirtboxes have you owned?

Which ones are hype and which are the real deal?

If I was speeding and you pulled me over...would you give me a ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill View Post
    How many dirtboxes have you owned?

Which ones are hype and which are the real deal?

If I was speeding and you pulled me over...would you give me a ticket?
    Your sig's awesome.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Luckybastidologist bungalowbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Your sig's awesome.
    This is the original...

Quote Originally Posted by blueman335 View Post
    Fender has a Wayne Kramer sig model? Saw the MC5 a few times in their peak (late '60's) and I would never have thought any company would be associated with that group. They were a wild bunch of boys. Hats off to Fender.

Kick out the jams...
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

If you had to kill one person, who would it be? and why?

What's the most important thing in your life?

Most important person?

If I gave you the choice to be fabulously wealthy, amazingly talented, and a total chick magnet, and somehow, you retain all your friends, but the catch is that you must sever all ties to your existing family, and you cannot ever have a family ever again, would you do it?

What enrages you?

What settles you down?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
    Alright Bro! I've been waiting for months to hear this rest of this story.
    Not much to the rest of the story really...the drummer was a co-worker of ours who eventually got canned because he failed a few too many piss tests. The guy definitely had some inner demons and his wife nearly died at one point. Great guy...and awesome drummer...2nd best i ever heard/played with!

The singer was me...i had the foolish notions of ROCK STARDOM back then...but it was too late...too hard to do with a family...no matter how bad i would want it...eventually i could see how it would conflict with other areas of my life. my life won.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    If you could kick one forum member off the forums forever who would it be?

Would you watch a sextape of Grump and Kam if you knew you would get paid $10,000.00?

Top 3 favorite politicians ever?

If you could be reincarnated into any 5 animals, which ones would you pick and why?

If you had a pick of any carry handgun and it was the only one you could ever own, what would you pick?
    If you could kick one forum member off the forums forever who would it be? KR...i mean DL...you know who i mean!

Would you watch a sextape of Grump and Kam if you knew you would get paid $10,000.00? as tempting as interracial stuff like that is...i'd have to pass...maybe for $15000...that's what...3 Les Pauls?

Top 3 favorite politicians ever? I've become so disenfranchised with politics that i can barely stand to even think about it.

1.Lion - Is there anything cooler?
    2.Bald Eagle - We all want to fly right?
    3.Great White Shark - Dumm...Dum...Dumm...Dum
    4.T-Rex - What would little arms be like?
    5.My Shih-Tzu Mojo...he lives the life of Riley!

If you had a pick of any carry handgun and it was the only one you could ever own, what would you pick? Sig Sauer P229 DAK...pretty much my dream gun. If everything goes as planned, our Dept will get them in October...so i'll really be able to tell you how i feel about it then!

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    What is your favorite piece of gear...the one you would never part with?

What's your favorite thing about your wife relationship-wise? (nothing indiscrete intended of course)
    What is your favorite piece of gear...the one you would never part with? Easy..."Petey", my 80's USA Schecterh PT/Saturn! If it's not buried with me, it will at least be sitting on a stand next to my casket!

What's your favorite thing about your wife relationship-wise? (nothing indiscrete intended of course) She's THE ABSOLUTE VERY BEST friend i've ever had! I mean i've has some incredible friends...in highschool...teammates...college roommates...co-workers...i'm talking people i would literally take a bullett for...brothers for life! But, they aren't even in the same league as my Bren...she's my everything!

Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    What is your favorite verse or passage?
    Psalm 27...especially the first part of the first verse..."The Lord is my Light and my Salvation" the whole chapter is special to me though! Followed closely by Revelation 5!