Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Frank Lee is to straight answers as EE Cummings was to punctuation.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    High Voltologist Wattage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rocky Point, NY
    Posts
    13,495

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Wow ee cummings, I am truly impressed

    I once had a teacher lend me a book of cummings poetry, he awkwardly left his copy for a personal ad he was placing in the book as a bookmark. I was very uncomfortable with the ad. I am sure it wasn't meant for me but still...

    Why do think so many NWOBHM bands didn't make it to the next round? Say Angel Witch for instance.

    Thank you
    Last edited by Wattage; 05-27-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Drinking and typing don't mix

  3. #3
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wattage View Post
    Wow ee cummings, I am truly impressed

    I once had a teacher lend me a book of cummings poetry, he awkwardly left his copy for a personal ad he was placing in the book as a bookmark. I was very uncomfortable with the ad. I am sure it wasn't meant for me but still...

    Why do think so many NWOBHM bands didn't make it to the next round? Say Angel Witch for instance.

    Thank you
    1. Thank you.

    2. You are a good looking guy, so who can blame him? EE Cummings + ad = on purpose. He might as well have asked you to listen to 'Astral Weeks' with him

    3. Freemasons. Or too many songs that were just kind of okay. IFLHO, NWOBHM was more of a singles thing. Which makes any NWOBHM mix CD a wonderful experience. Metallica is to NWOBHM as Nirvana was to whatever you want to call 80s alternative music. IFLHO, YMMVFTOFL.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Frankly; 05-28-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Black Ice is a Killer

  4. #4
    Master of his Domain Agileguy_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Your Mom
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,283

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    You land on a desert island. You have clean water, but no food, nothing to hunt - nada. Which leg do you eat first and why?
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

  5. #5
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    You land on a desert island. You have clean water, but no food, nothing to hunt - nada. Which leg do you eat first and why?
    Am I flexible enough to go with the middle?

    Thank you.

  6. #6
    Understatmentologist ginormous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paducah KY
    Posts
    16,173

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Why is American Idol still on television?

    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

    Visit me on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Why is American Idol still on television?
    Canadian Idol wasn't as good.

  8. #8
    Gear Ho Gearjoneser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Palmdale, Ca.
    Age
    48
    Posts
    39,428

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Got any pics of yourself you care to post?

    I found your music clip interesting and funny. Can you expand on it, and describe how your personality plays into it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

  9. #9
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Got any pics of yourself you care to post?

    I found your music clip interesting and funny. Can you expand on it, and describe how your personality plays into it?
    1. Like many Native Americans, Frank Lee thinks pictures rob a little bit of one's soul. Except porn, and Frank Lee's contract does not allow freebies.

    2. Thank you. Frank Lee likes to write little ditties about things He experiences in daily life and (in this case) things that amuse Him. He likes to be irreverent and He thinks the song "Glass Toilet" is part of that. He also uses the Glass Toilet Concept (GTC) as a metaphor for the reality show/TMZ/Entertainment Tonight society you are all lucky enough to live with Him in.

    Thank you.

  10. #10
    Mojo's Minions dd12939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,643

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    What's your first childhood memory?

    What would be served if I came over for dinner?

    Have you been to the symphony and/or opera? Details?

    What did you spend your time on when you were 14? 24?

  11. #11
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by dd12939 View Post
    What's your first childhood memory?

    What would be served if I came over for dinner?

    Have you been to the symphony and/or opera? Details?

    What did you spend your time on when you were 14? 24?
    1. Frank Lee remembers the Magi visiting Him.

    2. Brussels sprouts and brown rice and maybe some turkey tips.

    3. Yes (but Frank Lee digs small/chamber groups way more). No, Frank Lee has never been to Oprah and it looks like that ship has sailed. Too bad, Frank Lee loves free gifts.

    3. At 14, Mr. Lee spent time playing the guitar and pleasuring Himself. At 24, pretty much the same with finishing His B.A. and full-time work thrown in).

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Frankly; 05-28-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Thank you

  12. #12
    Kyuss_Rockologist Rich_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,846

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Eddie Izzard, true or false.
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

  13. #13
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    Eddie Izzard, true or false.
    Thank you.

  14. #14
    I poop my pants and wear KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,244

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Kudo's to Wattage for this selection!

    I'll start with a few softballs...

    Ace, Gene, Peter, or Paul?

    Describe the ultimate steak dinner according to Frank Lee?

    Favorite sports, and your teams you are a fan of?

    Favorite book?

    TV news chic that you would tap like a keg at a frat? Hit like pinata at kids birthday party? Like a....

    You have done a lot for the forum and are one of the most respected posters. What has the forum done for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  15. #15
    High Voltologist Wattage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rocky Point, NY
    Posts
    13,495

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Kudo's to Wattage for this selection!
    I felt it was an inspired choice

  16. #16
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Kudo's to Wattage for this selection!

    I'll start with a few softballs...

    Ace, Gene, Peter, or Paul?

    Describe the ultimate steak dinner according to Frank Lee?

    Favorite sports, and your teams you are a fan of?

    Favorite book?

    TV news chic that you would tap like a keg at a frat? Hit like pinata at kids birthday party? Like a....

    You have done a lot for the forum and are one of the most respected posters. What has the forum done for you?
    1. Asking Frank Lee that is asking a fish if he wants water, air, or earth.

    2. Frank Lee really doesn't get too revved up about steak but it would involve wine and maybe some bleu cheese. Long story, but He ate lots of lousy red meat as a child and He rarely reaches for it these days.

    3. Hockey and Soccer, with the Albany Devils, Worcester Sharks, and Arsenal as His favorites.

    4. Preface to Chaucer, Robertson; Migration and Mythmaking in Anglo-Saxon England, Howe. Also the 100 Greatest Conspiracies of All Time or whatever it is called.

    5. His all-time favorite is a retired reporter named Mariellen Burns, but in the current epoch He would like to spend time with Dylan Dreyer or Ashleigh Banfield.

    6. He did not know He was respected by you. Thank you. Ask not what the forum can do for you, ask what you can do for the forum. Frank Lee has also met some good amigos here and learned a lot about equipment and life.

    Thank you.

  17. #17
    Sock Market Trader GuitarStv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,834

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Frank Lee should have no problem answering these questions in a fun manner:

    1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

    2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

    3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

    4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

      You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

      Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?

  18. #18
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,891

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Frank Lee should have no problem answering these questions in a fun manner:

    1. You're flying over some distant mountains when your plane goes down. By some fluke of nature all people on the plane survived. Two part question . . . how long do you wait for rescue before resorting to cannibalism, and how do you pick who should be eaten?

    2. Apocalypse comes and you're short on food and trapped in your own neighborhood. Who on your street do you kill and eat first, and why?

    3. You are a master chef working at a busy restaurant but times are tough . . . you don't have enough money to buy meat one day, but you discover that your best waitress has accidentally been locked in the walk-in freezer and frozen to death. What cuts do you take from the carcass, and how do you season/prepare the flesh in order make it tasty enough for your diners that evening not to notice anything's amiss? (Remember, the more dishes you prepare, the less chance that someone will find incriminating body parts in your freezer.)

    4. The zombie apocalypse has come. Most people have fled their homes. Production of food in your country has stopped. Zombies roam the streets looking for a fresh meal, and you have escaped your quiet suburban neighbourhood with the rest of your family (let's say this is a typical family . . . 2 kids - one 8 year old/one 12 year old, and 2 parents).

      You enter a new town looking for food and are attacked by a chick. You manage to fatally wound the person, but before she dies, she tells you that she was an elementary school teacher and was trying to kill you to provide enough food to keep the surviving members of her class alive (there's no food in town). You also find out that she's been teaching the survivors from a classroom of 11 year olds to kill and cannibalize people passing by in order to survive. They've been doing this for a while now. She tells you where they are living, and to protect them.

      Do you risk your own families safety (and the safety of any other passers by) by ignoring the cannibals and hoping that they don't follow you? Do you risk confronting and executing the kids to guarantee your safety? Do you take the cannibal kids with you and try to teach them to be regular human beings again? What action or inaction would you take, and why?
    You Canadians are a strange bunch.

    Thank you.

  19. #19
    Reining PunLowered LesStrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pun(k)ing the members
    Age
    55
    Posts
    46,106

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    I am frankly surprised it took so long for you to do a well. To what do you attribute this delay?

    Thank you (used by permission).
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

    Teknon Theou

    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

  20. #20
    Reining PunLowered LesStrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pun(k)ing the members
    Age
    55
    Posts
    46,106

    Default Re: The Well CXVIV: Mr. Frank Lee. Thank You.

    Frank suffers from High Gratitude.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

    Teknon Theou

    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •