Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My humble review of the Orange TH30

Mojo's Minions

Default Re: My humble review of the Orange TH30

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    LOL, classic SDUGF thing to say!

AWESOME review, thanks for all that detail, especially the "why I went for this amp as opposed to the 10,000 other amps out there" --- that should be a part of every amp review!
    Thank you for the kind words my friend!

F. Hails Railsologist WITH FULL DISTORTION's Avatar

Hey SURGEON
    I would liek to know if this pedal will supply my METAL Needs
    im looking for an amp that has a max of 30 watts cause im living in an apartment now. An amp that has enough distortion to play extreme metal(death metal mainly) with tight bass, crushing mids and beautiful highs.

is that for me??
    i like that STONER tone, but i would like to use it to play extreme metal.
    im looking forward to get one TH30 but im affraid to make the wrong decision, cause i heard good and bad reviews and online theres almost no useful metal review except for the PROGUITARSHOP.com with the blond guy playing the les paul.

Im waiting for your reply. Thanks
    JP
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Nice man

But, have u only played this thru a 1x12?

I have a Dark Terror that owns in a 4x10 and oversozed 2x12. I still need to hear it thru a 4x12 but damn Orange makes huge amps
    -IM

Quote Originally Posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION View Post
    Hey SURGEON
    im looking for an amp that has a max of 30 watts cause im living in an apartment now. An amp that has enough distortion to play extreme metal(death metal mainly) with tight bass, crushing mids and beautiful highs.

is that for me??
    im looking forward to get one TH30 but im affraid to make the wrong decision, cause i heard good and bad reviews and online theres almost no useful metal review except for the PROGUITARSHOP.com with the blond guy playing the les paul.

JP
    For anything stoner rock or stoner metal style, Orange is up there

If u want a tight modern metal tone dont get an Orange

U will be better off with an Engl or6505 or tons of other amps
    -IM

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION View Post
    Hey SURGEON

is that for me??

JP
    It is a great amp and will get you perfectly that stoner tone... it really has TONS of gain (I never came close to maxing it...over 3 o'clock was way too much for me and I love metal). However, it doesn't have a compressed tone. It'll soundly bloody heavy but not in that mesa compressed metal tone. It will do it with an OD in front but if that's really the only use you wanna get from it (I'm guessing not since you're talking about stoner as well) I'd go for something else.

It's a brilliant amp really. I love it. But I also bought a rectifier for "that" metal tone.

Hope this helps brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
    Nice man

But, have u only played this thru a 1x12?

I have a Dark Terror that owns in a 4x10 and oversozed 2x12. I still need to hear it thru a 4x12 but damn Orange makes huge amps
    I have both a 1x12 and a diagonal 2x12... that thing rules through both. Of course, the 2x12 has an edge on the 1x12.

I went to several Orange dealers in The Netherlands, and no one could give me a suggestion for a OD that would be okay for solo's.
    So today i simply googled 'boost orange th30 combo' and i got here. Thank you so much, i can't wait to try the Boss SD-1!!
    I actually created an account on this forum just to say thanks. You probably saved my upcoming gig!

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by 00Dieuw00 View Post
    I went to several Orange dealers in The Netherlands, and no one could give me a suggestion for a OD that would be okay for solo's.
    So today i simply googled 'boost orange th30 combo' and i got here. Thank you so much, i can't wait to try the Boss SD-1!!
    I actually created an account on this forum just to say thanks. You probably saved my upcoming gig!
    Glad this could help you. The SD-1 is great, if I may, I'D offer another suggestion, not an OD but a boost. The ZVEX SHO is amazing with this head as well... if you ever get a chance give it a try, I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

Super Toneologist SongsForTheDeaf's Avatar

awesome I've been very interested in oranges but hate head and cabs so I'm thinking of looking for a Orange tube combo.... thanks for the review!
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

The Orange TH30 is the amp on my wishlist.
    Do any of you know of several places where the Black Tolex TH30 is sold?
    I know one, but it doesn't ship to my country.
    Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
    awesome I've been very interested in oranges but hate head and cabs so I'm thinking of looking for a Orange tube combo.... thanks for the review!
    This goes to show that reviews are useful even much later down the road huh?

Quote Originally Posted by OsvyRock View Post
    The Orange TH30 is the amp on my wishlist.
    Do any of you know of several places where the Black Tolex TH30 is sold?
    I know one, but it doesn't ship to my country.
    I know "long and mcquade" in Toronto had one when I was shopping for mine but I have no clue if they'll ship to your country or if they have any.

These amps aren't that easy to come by even a few years after their release apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post

Construction:
    The amp isnít particularly heavy for itís size, Iím assuming the transformers arenít super-beefy, the amp being only 30 watts. I donít have any frame of reference for 30 watts heads though. Itís actually my first headÖ
    Wow! Which TH30 head did you buy? Mine weighs an absolute ton and is ridiculously oversized for a 30 watt amp. Orange clearly used the same cabinet for the 30 as their 100 watt. The chassis has big gaps either side and is pushed way forward in the cab.

The only things I done like about mine is the size and the lack of reverb. Otherwise it is a great amp.

Thanks for the review.