Default Re: Best Speaker Cabinet Wire?

A complete waste of money...
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by John Suhr View Post
    Practice cures most tone issues

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Did you not read *this? Thanks for throwing a frog on the lyre. And My Arse-on fire.
    ( Actually, just a pro-wired harness with normal 10 guage wire would've cost 50 bucks, so for another 28 bucks I got the Mogami).
    Look, all my Marshall cabs are wired with normal Marshall wire, or replacement normal low cost heavier gauge wire, and I don't plan on changing. Just thought I'd execute this idea on this one very special Bassman cabinet with 600 dollars worth of drivers, and another 400.00 in the cabinet..why even worry about 28 bucks extra for high grade wire..it sure can't hurt .

* "Low Loss - Two Conductor Flat Jacket Speaker Cables
    High density, non-plated, oxygen-free copper (OFC) strands with low capacitance provide extremely low power loss, wide bandwith, and excellent transient responce. Low wattage signal will be inhanced from this series of cables by assuring good dynamic range and damping factor of the amplifier".
    Yeah I read it.....did you......28 dollars would have been a waste of money. There is no "upgrade".....with the exception to the bank accounts of some guy that just burned you for 100 dollars.
    Do not question my knowledge of your ignorance.
    Best

Jessie's ghost

Is $28 too much to ask, to make a child happy? That's less than a dollar a day -- even in February on a leap year -- and your contribution does make a difference. So pick up that phone and call right now. We need your pledge.

Ultimate Tone Slacker eschoendorff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie's ghost View Post
    Is $28 too much to ask, to make a child happy? That's less than a dollar a day -- even in February on a leap year -- and your contribution does make a difference. So pick up that phone and call right now. We need your pledge.
    This made me lolz.

Leave me Aloooone!

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

I'm actually with Jerry on this one. I've experienced differences in sound with cables ranging from power applications to mic, guitar and speaker applications.

I actually notice more of a difference with speaker cables than I do most stuff. For instance, power cable differences are really a rip off, those will give you very subtle changes and cost you a lot of money. Guitar and effects chain cables make a difference, but not as much as speaker.

So, talk as much smack as you want about quality cable, but I noticed a big difference with this stuff:
    http://www.mulderaudio.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlar3000 View Post
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.