Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggest me an overdrive pedal that's creamy and REALLY fat sounding.

Toneologist

Default Re: Suggest me an overdrive pedal that's creamy and REALLY fat sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
    Fulltone OCD

the reason I don't like it is that it's creamy and fat sounding. But if that's what you want, then there ya go.
    mmmh, I have one, a great pedal but it has a lot of fizzy highs too, I can't define it creamy.

Ultimate Tone Slacker guitarkid's Avatar

Default Re: Suggest me an overdrive pedal that's creamy and REALLY fat sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Quencho092 View Post
    don't mean to hijack the thread, but would a stomp box like the green rhino get a decent layer of very light gain without the fizz that i get with a TS?

This category of smooth/fat/buttery stomps can be extremely useful to the player that plugs straight into the mixer or uses non tube gear!
    Yes

I'll agree with the other posts on here and say that the
    green rhino is the most creamy sounding OD I have ever used.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

EHX Hot Tubes would be my suggestion based on what I've used. It has been my favorite "creamy" overdrive so far.

Creamy overdrive also works really well with a cocked wah or very mild phase shifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

2:15

2:25

1:05

/thread
    Last edited by oilpit; 01-29-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oilpit View Post

While we're talking about tube driven units, this one is a very nice choice for guitar. It also comes up cheaper than the Tube Driver, as not as many people know about it. Very creamy tones, especially with a 12AU7 in the tube socket.

Just typing about it makes me want another one.

- Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.