Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pickguard Trading Thread

Arrow Pickguard Trading Thread

I've been thinking about all the pickguards we all have and don't need, and thought about a thread for sales and trades of pickguards.

Post what you have available for sale or trade, preferably trade. This will allow us to clean house, and also grab whatever we need.

You can list yours or post pics. Always mention the pickup routes and modifications. And of course, the style, color, and brand.

Fender Custom Shop strat engine turned aluminum HSS.
    White Fender Am. Std. Strat SSS
    Fender CS Ice Blue Pearloid Strat HSS
    G&L Z-3 Tele guard in white w/3 offset magnetic field Z-3 routes.

I'm looking for a black tele guard w/humbucker route, mini hum, or normal tele route.
    Single ply gloss, bakelite, or 3 ply. Let me know what you've got.

PM me, if you want any of them.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-07-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Ultimate Tone Member infrared72's Avatar

Default Re: Pickguard Trading Thread

Great idea for a Pickguard trading thread, count me in.

I have a brown tortoise shell colored Telecaster guard routed for the standard tele single coil in the neck position. Got this with a neck tele pickup not long ago, and I do not need it. Small burn mark on lower bout - looks like someone barely hit the edge with a soldering iron. Trade for a black American standard tele pickguard, or ?
    Last edited by infrared72; 01-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Peter
    diopter.bandcamp.com
    www.soundcloud.com/diopter

Super Toneologist

I'm looking for a H-S-H single ply white to fit a MIM, or be close.

I have a S-S-S and I'm getting thoughts of just cutting it up myself. Maybe I'll use metal pickup rings to hide the butcher job? And put a double cream PAF and a Super D in it?

I have a Tele mini-hum and single mid. BWB...
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

I have a tortoise shell HSS Strat guard from Guitarfetish. It has the standard 3 controls and 5-way switch and 11 mount screw holes. Matches up great with American Standard Strat mounting holes. It's in good shape. Make me an offer.

I have a matte black charvel so cal HH pickguard i would like to trade for a HSS version with a 5 way switch cutout and one vol is possible

I have a black Nashville tele pickguard, Mini-hum neck, single middle. I'd like to trade it for a single hum, one volume strat guard. Prefer black.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Have an Epi Les Paul Custom my way w/ no guard. Looking to pick up a black one as it appears the Gibson replacements don't fit. I'll trade cash

I have a black Tele guard with humbucker route. The route had to be slightly enlarged for a covered humbucker.

I have a SSS white single ply guard.

I also have a few different backplates - two MIM Fenders and a few random Squier-type.

Not looking for another guard at the moment... but maybe straplocks?

steve
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Anyone have a single ply white S/S/S for a G&L Legacy? I'm also looking for a G&L Legacy H/S/S guard.. any colour considered.

Cat In The Hatministrator stevie_bees's Avatar

What do you have on your Legacy Don??

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by d1dsj View Post
    Anyone have a single ply white S/S/S for a G&L Legacy? I'm also looking for a G&L Legacy H/S/S guard.. any colour considered.
    From the G&L Website:

"To purchase a replacement pickguards for your G&L instrument

"Please visit Chandler Guitars, our maker of pickguards for G&L. They can supply custom pickguards also."
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_bees View Post
    What do you have on your Legacy Don??
    Still got the Tort S/S/S mate but it should have a thin single ply white guard.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaBass View Post
    From the G&L Website:

"To purchase a replacement pickguards for your G&L instrument

"Please visit Chandler Guitars, our maker of pickguards for G&L. They can supply custom pickguards also."
    Thanks bud, I will check them out.

I will add that ideally I'd like a gold anodised guard but do you think I can find anyone who does one....... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by d1dsj View Post
    Still got the Tort S/S/S mate but it should have a thin single ply white guard.

Thanks bud, I will check them out.

I will add that ideally I'd like a gold anodised guard but do you think I can find anyone who does one....... lol.
    One place I know of makes gold guards to spec. It took me a while to find it. I was trying to find a gold Esquire guard for the longest time. http://www.tone-guard.com/. Or, go straight to the G&L page. http://www.tone-guard.com/Tone-Guard...ickguards.html. Your pickguard is a normal production item and sells for $79 (US).

I called him up to have the guard made, and he turned me off big time. He is local, but he wouldn't let me come look at a sample of his material (which looks a bit weird in photos), he wouldn't just let me order over the phone, and he wouldn't let me pick up the pick guard; he insisted I have it shipped the 15 miles between our houses. I think it is weird when local sellers do not allow face-to-face customer interaction, and discourage phone orders. I never got the guard. But now, maybe because of my request, he makes Esquire guards as a standard item, not a special order. So I may just go ahead and bite the bullet and order one online so the guy doesn't get freaked out by the possibility of interaction with another human being or something.

But for someone mail ordering, it looks like he will be fine. And I don't think we anodized lovers have much of an option anyhow.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-23-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Yogi Berra was correct.

Thanks my man, they look great! Only thing is, now I want a gold S/S/S and a Black H/S/S! I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger though......

Hi All,

Wayne from Tone-Guard here. I'm sorry to read "ItsaBass's" post. I'm sorry you felt snubbed or put off in any way. I run this out of my home, an apt. I sub out the cutting and anodizing. I dont usually have people come over because I have a lot of gear here and as much as I enjoy interacting with my customers or prospective customers. I really don't have much time these days due to increased demand for my pickguards (they are all hand finished) and my mother has been in the hospital for the past 5 months with cancer. I do on-line PayPal because it protects the buyer and seller, and until recently we PayPal merchants did not have a card swipe or phone method for taking payments. I now have a Square reader for my iPhone, so I could meet you and take payment on the spot if you like. I hope you'll forgive me. I'd like to meet you, when time permits for both of us. Drop me an email or call. May Your Tubes Glow Brightly! wayne@tone-guard.com

Sorry if I insulted you, Wayne. Thanks for setting the record straight. Part of what I said is obviously based on my own preferences for dealing with a business. To many, what bothered me would not be an issue. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned in some ways (tho' I ain't old, dangit ).

More importantly, I am sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer has been taking a toll on my circle of family and friends lately too, so my thoughts go out to you and your family.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 04-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Yogi Berra was correct.

Hey Man,

No insult taken by any means. I just wanted to add some clarification. I didn't want you to feel insulted. Glad we got that straightened out. ;-)

Thanks for the kind words about my Mom. Sorry to hear cancer has effected you and your family as well.

Let me know if you need a guard and I'll make it as easy as I can for you.

May Your Tubes Glow Brightly,

Wayne aka Thumbs

Hey Wayne,good to see you here. I'm really hoping you can help me out with my 3 bolt neck Legacy. I sent you mail the other day.

Hey Don,

I just sent you an email answering your questions.

Thumbs aka Wayne