Page 1 of 33 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Trader Alert

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bad Trader Alert

If you've been ripped off or misled in a trade, post it here!

BentChristian was to trade me a strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12. He received the Demon and I got nothing and no response to emails. He has not posted on the old forum since Feb. 7th.

I guess his forum handle was appropriate.

Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

Quote Originally Posted by slightly_rude
    BentChristian was to trade me a strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12. He received the Demon and I got nothing and no response to emails. He has not posted on the old forum since Feb. 7th.

wow thats my birthday........
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Have a bad one from here.
    $700 2 guitar sale a couple weeks ago. Paid by Pay Pal shipped on the 13th USPS screwed up and they were delivered late. Had tracked later opened a case and communicated daily with the buyer through it all. Finally were finally delivered intact Monday. Guy hits me they arrived intact then he also hit me with an odd request on his intent to do a 90 days same as $ with Pay pal and asked if I could work with him and change the invoice type. Didn't think it could be done because it was a completed transaction with out issuing a full refund. Guy says he will call Pay Pal and let me know. Hit's me yesterday morning complaining about the as he called it junky bridge on the Mex Strat but it is what it is an intact normal Mex Strat bridge also stated the nut was cracked on the Tele.
    Last night I get a notice from Pay Pal that he has now issued a request for a full refund on both guitars.
    Many of you guys know been out of work since the Thursday after Thanksgiving and my former boss is fighting me on unemployment so needed this $ desperately. Have bought, sold and traded here often has been a very safe place. Have to say you guys have been wonderful never the least type of an issue that we could not resolve in all these years with many here until now.
    User ID here is kennywayne and he has a 0 post count.
    BEWARE of this one guys!!!
    Last edited by Ascension; 12-28-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    $700 2 guitar sale a couple weeks ago. Paid by Pay Pal shipped on the 13th USPS screwed up and they were delivered late. Had tracked later opened a case and communicated daily with the buyer through it all. Finally were finally delivered intact Monday. Guy hits me they arrived intact then he also hit me with an odd request on his intent to do a 90 days same as $ with Pay pal and asked if I could work with him and change the invoice type. Didn't think it could be done because it was a completed transaction with out issuing a full refund. Guy says he will call Pay Pal and let me know. Hit's me yesterday morning complaining about the as he called it junky bridge on the Mex Strat but it is what it is an intact normal Mex Strat bridge also stated the nut was cracked on the Tele.
    Last night I get a notice from Pay Pal that he has now issued a request for a full refund on both guitars.
    Many of you guys know been out of work since the Thursday after Thanksgiving and my former boss is fighting me on unemployment so needed this $ desperately. Have bought, sold and traded here often has been a very safe place. Have to say you guys have been wonderful never the least type of an issue that we could not resolve in all these years with many here until now.
    has the dude sent pics of the defects along with the PayPal complaint???Make sure to send PayPal pics of the components at issue "as shipped"...

Quote Originally Posted by justFred View Post
    has the dude sent pics of the defects along with the PayPal complaint???Make sure to send PayPal pics of the components at issue "as shipped"...
    Thanks will do. Pulled photos and the nut was chipped cosmetically but intact may offer a small refund for a new nut rest is pure BS.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps PRS MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Ben1962

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Rains it pours, I feel bad for you. Keep fighting the good fight man

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1962 View Post
    Rains it pours, I feel bad for you. Keep fighting the good fight man
    Seems that way right now. What don't kill you makes you stronger! Wish I could relay the whole story but while right now it's hard will be better off, just got to survive the storm on the short term.
    Learned who is who on many levels here local and that is always a good thing. Had some big surprises both ways that is for sure.
    Back on track this has been a really safe special place to do deals. Had to post a warning for the rest of you guys on this one.
    Last edited by Ascension; 12-28-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Guitars

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar

Originally posted by slightly_rude

Oh now that sucks! Real sorry to hear this!

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

I received his end of the trade on March 18th and there were parts missing. No explaination other than he had some problems lately. Only took five weeks to ship something less than 100 miles away.
    Better late than never I guess.
    Last edited by slightly_rude; 03-22-2004 at 11:52 AM.

That's really bad that he basically poop on the trust you showed to him.

There are bad people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlinelove79 View Post
    strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12.
    Umm... Not what this thread is for...
    Nope...

Ultimate Tone Member McLaughysSN's Avatar

i dont know if he is on the forum anymore or not but the former FATSTRATMAN got me bad

i traded my US fender lead III guitar for his yamaha bass and some strat body's and necks

when the bass got here i discovered that it had been through a fire prier to the trade and was in piss poor condition. he niglected to tell me this.

the body's? they were junk. the necks?. even worse. one was a defretted "austin" neck and a half-way defretted squier neck with the squier sanded off

i tried contacting after trade and got no answer beside that he loved the lead.

like i said i believe hes off the board now though due to ripping off other traders as well

Originally posted by McLaughysSN
    i dont know if he is on the forum anymore or not but the former FATSTRATMAN got me bad

i traded my US fender lead III guitar for his yamaha bass and some strat body's and necks

when the bass got here i discovered that it had been through a fire prier to the trade and was in piss poor condition. he niglected to tell me this.

the body's? they were junk. the necks?. even worse. one was a defretted "austin" neck and a half-way defretted squier neck with the squier sanded off

i tried contacting after trade and got no answer beside that he loved the lead.

like i said i believe hes off the board now though due to ripping off other traders as well
    He tried to get me once for one of his 'strat' necks and 'strat' bodies. Glad I avoided. He just seemed a little too eader.
    st.

The Duke Of Trades

I believe FATSTRATMAN is now beandip...

yeah, I was fatstratman on the old forum. I tried to clear my name but no one payed any attention. If Mclaugty thinks I ripped him, Im sorry. But I know I didnt. I described the bass in detail, and told him the reason I had it is because the previous owner had a house fire, and thought it was usless after he stripped it and poured poly all over it. I also told him that the necks were defreted. I have the yahoo messages to prove it. And if anyone dosnt want to trade with me, thats fine. And, if Im banned, I understand. I guess I'll just come here as a guest and read the posts.

Ultimate Tone Member McLaughysSN's Avatar

i distinctly remember nothing said about the bass being put through a fire. i was told the bass was "refinished in natural". now this was my fault in not stopping the transaction at that point but i was saggered and the pics were taken in a way that it showed no damage to the pickups at all

had i received pictures like the following (taken by me) from dustin (beandip, fatstratman) i would have backed out

but the pictures i received showed barely any flaws. dustin is a good guy but im still a little angered at the transaction

Angry Re: Bad Trader Alert

I recently had a deal not work out 100% with beandip.
    He seems to be a fairly senior member with a lot of friends and contacts here so it's with some reservation that I add this post. I felt very comfortable with our transaction based on his senior status however.
    If I'm out of line please let me know.

What we're talking about here is a $20 String Spacing Ruler that I paid $10 for. Not a huge deal - but a disappointing and frustrating transaction

We agreed on a cost+shipping for some used StewMac tools (5-6 tools total), I sent the cash (Jan 4), received all but one of the tools a few days later (Jan 10). I emailed Dustin about the tool in question to see if he'd forgotten it (Jan 12). He replied and said he'd look for it and send it if he found it (Jan 12)
    I also double checked the original shipping box and packing material to see if I had missed it which wasn't the case.

Since the 12th I've emailed and PM'd him five times for updates etc. with no reply. I wasn't rude or pushy in my messages, but did ask for an update.
    I checked his SDUG forum profile a few times and he has logged on the forum during this time. Previous email messages I received from him were also stamped 'Sent from my iPhone' so I'm fairly confident my email messages were received. There were no issues when we were negotiating prices using this same email address.

I've basically written this transaction off. He's been around and knows what people expect. Delays, mistakes, etc. happen but keeping the other party in the loop is also a big part of any transaction.

I know people get busy, and maybe that's what happened here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

I finally did get an email explaining the situation. The missing tool was shipped out and received today (1/28/11)
    Last edited by tab; 01-29-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: updated 1/28

I have had an ongoing problem with Dalastecaffeine, as I bought a set of Carvin pickups from him and I specifically asked beforehand if they came with screws and springs (as I ask that with any pickup purchase online), he said yes. I get them and no screws /springs. He keeps telling me he is sending them out, and said last week he sent them out (and this is a transaction that has taken place over 2 months ago... ).

Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. Steer clear unless you are willing to be very patient, and even then you are taking a gamble whether you will get what you paid for. I think I have been very patient with him. So much for patience.

The Duke Of Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1
    I have had an ongoing problem with Dalastecaffeine, as I bought a set of Carvin pickups from him and I specifically asked beforehand if they came with screws and springs (as I ask that with any pickup purchase online), he said yes. I get them and no screws /springs. He keeps telling me he is sending them out, and said last week he sent them out (and this is a transaction that has taken place over 2 months ago... ).

Just his lacksidaisical "oh well your loss...." kinda attitude makes me wary of trading with anyone under the age of 40. Steer clear unless you are willing to be very patient, and even then you are taking a gamble whether you will get what you paid for. I think I have been very patient with him. So much for patience.
    He told me, in so many words, that he was going to off himself...