Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time : II

Default Re: It's time : II

Quote Originally Posted by grumptruck View Post
    dot dot dot
    Suspenseful, innit?

Seymour Duncan Customer Support sosomething's Avatar

Seeing Astro post these threads is like watching my dog run face-first into the screen door. WHAM! He does it all the time but somehow never sees it coming.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Funkfingers

Quote Originally Posted by astrozombie View Post
    the gretsch was ridiculously good sounding
    So, did you buy it?

at one point I played a c# major bar chord on the low E way up the fretboard.
    You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

the les pauls were nice. the classic custom had GREAT sustain. I test this by playing the solo in "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". If it doesn't do that little crying part where it's just a bend with killer vibrato, It's not exceptional. the custom did it.
    So, shaddup an' buy it, already.

the standard did it too... though not was good. besides that the red LP was the superior LP. I flipped it over and the electronics cavity cover was translucent black... theres a circuit board in there. That turned me off.
    So, the LP Standard "did it" to an acceptable standard until the moment when you saw what was in the control cavity?

When all is said and done, what did you buy? Gretsch? Gibson? A packet of strings? A few picks? Tub of Fast Fret?

John Mayer's Mankini ImmortalSix's Avatar

That Custom Classic is so ugly that I love it

Funkfingers

Speaking of time. This thread has been in existence for a little over thirteen hours. In that period, a person could have sat through "Waiting For Godot" four times and - get this - more would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.
    Sigged.....
    Play it like you mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
    Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.

Funkfingers

arellanon, I've seen Tommy Emmanuel play live. Not even he could play a chord on just one string.

Right now, in the canyons of my mind, the words Man and Ice are on a collision course. Catch my drift?

Surely, the first rule of NGD club is... you don't talk about your new guitar until you have actually bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 9finger View Post
    Your boyfriend seems to be digging the Gretch.
    Total gold. Gold Jerry!
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

[QUOTE=Funkfingers;3232499]So, did you buy it?

I think what he is saying is that he played a C# as a barre E on the ninth fret, as opposed to a barre A on the fourth fret...genius.

I can kind of understand how if you guys were offering some constructive criticism, it might sound kind of harsh. for example, you could say that wearing girls pants might severely restrict movement on stage as well as risking impotence or cancer later in life. but what I see most people doing on here is just cyber-bullying, and nothing more. I mean seriously, what are you guys doing, just sitting around in front of your computers all day waiting for someone to say something that you can make fun of? do you treat people like this in real life, going around insulting people's styles and making fun of their gender preferences? I doubt it, because if your social intuition was that poor you wouldn't be able to leave your house without getting punched in the face. either way, it makes you all look very cowardly and pathetic.

Funkfingers

TG. You have not been a member very long, have you?

I am afraid that Astro/Glenn has been posting threads like this for years. He enthuses wildly about a specific make or model of guitar. Sometimes, he actually tries one out in a shop or at a friend's house. About one time in ten, he actually buys something.

After another forum member pulled a similar stunt, this behaviour became known on this forum as doing an Iceman.

In my opinion, if anybody is cyber-bullying, it is Glenn with these never-ending threads about guitars that he will almost never purchase.

Sometimes, some of us tease Glenn. Usually, he takes this in good heart. Frequently, he does a better job of sending himself up than any of the rest of us could manage. (Today's "admirer" photograph being a case in point!)

Astro/Glenn and his non-buying antics have become as much a fixture on this forum as, say, Lucid's cock or Aceman's Gloss.

you know what funk fingers? I really don't care. bullying others is still anti-social behavior, not to mention a symptom of inadequacy. there is no acceptable excuse for it, and trying to say there is just makes you sound like an insecure little kid bullying others on the playground instead of a grown man well into his adult years. I can see how he is sorta setting himself up for it, but using that as an excuse to bully him is really no better than going out and making fun of someone for being fat. also, why should it matter if he buys it or not? maybe he doesn't have a grand to drop on a new guitar every month, so what? maybe he just wants to make some new friends to talk about music gear with on here, and we should let him do so, since he has just as much of a right to as you do. and if it really upsets you so bad that he isn't buying new guitars every month, maybe you should just stop reading his posts. treating him with hostility does not make you a good person, it just makes us all look like a bunch of dicks. and it hasn't even discouraged him from posting on here, so seriously, what's the point? it solves nothing.

In all the time I've been posting here, I'm about the only person here who hasn't posted this picture before. I can't think of a better time to break that habit. So...

I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Astro has been a member here for a long time, we are just messing with him the way we would one of our buddies that we hang out with "in real life". Calm down.

Funkfingers

TG. Go visit my personal profile. Astrozombie (AKA Glenn) is on my friends list, FFS.

Some people on this forum exchange insults on a regular basis. Cuts both ways. Only it doesn't cut because no malice is intended. I like Glenn. This is precisely why it is possible to have some fun at his expense. He does the same back to me.

I would love to stop reading Astro's non-buying threads but he just keeps on starting them and - get this - he keeps on making me laugh. (Intentionally or otherwise.)

At this point, I had better explain that I am English. My sense of humour (with a second U in it) is drier and more sarcastic than the average member here. Not everybody twigs this.

So far, nobody has seen fit to create an emoticon to indicate sarcasm within SDUG forum threads. Even if somebody did, I would not use it. It would defeat the object of using sarcasm in the first place. The idea is for the penny to drop as late as possible.

Looks like a dick? Walks like a dick? It's a dick.

I AM A DICK and I don't even care.

It's The End Of The Dick As We Know It (and I feel fine).

Which brings us back to Astro's photograph in post #1.

Digitally Challenged Mr 9finger's Avatar

Hide the dope and run! The cyber police is here!

Seriously dude. You've been a member 4 months and have a grand total of 51 posts. You haven't been around nearly long enough to even begin to remotely understand what is going on here or even think you know any of us well enough to be judging anyone that's participated in this thread. With that current attitude, you won't be around long.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Seymour Duncan Customer Support sosomething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totergecko View Post
    I mean seriously, what are you guys doing, just sitting around in front of your computers all day waiting for someone to say something that you can make fun of?
    Yes, yes, this is exactly what I do.
    Last edited by sosomething; 07-10-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Astro,

I will just give you my expert advice...

You just need to stop being a little ***** and get all the guitars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    I dig the wood!

Quote Originally Posted by jcthejester13 View Post
    Astro,

I will just give you my expert advice...

You just need to stop being a little ***** and get all the guitars.
    Also, please take a photo of the GC dude's face when you walk in, point at the wall, and say "I'll take the top 3 rows".

yeah you guys are absolutely right. I don't spend a lot of time on my computer, unless I have work that has to be done on it, and I am normally pretty busy. in my interactions with others, I am used to seeing their body language, hearing their tonality, things like that. I haven't been on this site very long, so I don't know everyone on here or what their personalities are like. but when I was a kid, I knew this one kid named teddy. he was somewhat feminine, didn't really know how to stand up for himself, and with a name like that, you can imagine what it was like for him. we weren't super close or anything, but I knew him for years, and I always thought he was a nice kid. I never saw him be mean to anyone or anything, but I saw him get picked on, beat on and bullied by other kids countless times. he'd usually try and smile or laugh it off, but I could tell by the look in his eye he didn't think it was too funny being pushed around and bullied. but still, I didn't really think about it or care all that much. I was just a kid, and I was too busy having fun with my friends and stuff like that. I ended up moving to a different town in highschool but a few years later, I found out that that kid killed himself. I don't know if it was necessarily because of the way people treated him, but I'm sure that it didn't help. so yeah, I do have a tendency to over react if I ever see or hear someone being treated poorly by others. it doesn't always make me friends, but I'd rather over react than under react.

I hope at least one person will read this and maybe think about what I'm saying for a second. I'd give just about anything if I could go back and be nicer to that kid or stand up for him, or even just say a couple of nice things to him every now and then. maybe things would have been different if he'd had just one friend back in school...but I guess I'll never know.

Varg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 9finger View Post
    Hide the dope and run! The cyber police is here!

Seriously dude. You've been a member 4 months and have a grand total of 51 posts. You haven't been around nearly long enough to even begin to remotely understand what is going on here or even think you know any of us well enough to be judging anyone that's participated in this thread. With that current attitude, you won't be around long.
    Stop bullying totergecko, man.