Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iconix Pickups -- check em out

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: Iconix Pickups -- check em out

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Of course you realize that this means absolutely nothing relative to your original statement.

Again, this means absolutely nothing relative to your original statement. Now you are making a ratio of alnico to ceramic magnets used in only "high output" humbuckers by only ONE brand. Originally you made a blanket statement that "most good humbuckers," (that's ALL INCLUSIVE...meaning low, mid, and high output, and by every pup maker), "use ceramic magnets". I could make a statement that "ALL (100%) of Seymour Duncan's "Custom" pickups (not C5 or CC) have ceramic magnets, but that would be ridiculously meaningless as well.

Get my point?

I totally agree with you here.

Didn't mean to rag on you, but are we going to talk about "food" or just "grapes"?
    you missed the "that I know of" part. And even then, the stats I presented fully supported the informal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    I am not an anglosaxon so I cannot know the specifics in your culture. In my culture those two are totally mutually exclusive.
    Oh, believe me, I know. I'm of Greek descent on my Mother's side. And it's not restricted to just that culture.
    It's a corrupted idea shared by a most of humanity. And it is utterly incorrect.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    you missed the "that I know of" part. And even then, the stats I presented fully supported the informal experience.
    Too much rationalization. I'm out.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.