Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current rig pics.... what's yours?

This is from a campground show. That's my Rivera to the left of the amps of all the metal gods that were there.
    Attachment 32059Attachment 32060

King Midas to Cheap Guitars dominus's Avatar

Default Re: Current rig pics.... what's yours?

"Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 15,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_F View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with DSL/guitar. DSLs are great amps! I gigged mine on Friday night and while we were sound checking I was thinking to myself I'd actually nailed my perfect guitar tone!
    +1.

I'm not a big Marshall guy but the DSL I've played through sounded great.

"Pedals are those things guitarists use to make their Marshall's sound bad."
    - My Old Drummer
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Fuzzy. Guitars the guy who invented fire's Avatar

This turned into a show your gear room thread unless you guys are really taking all this stuff to a gig?!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    This turned into a show your gear room thread unless you guys are really taking all this stuff to a gig?!
    I posted the double stacks just to be a jackass.

I don't have any current pics but below is basically what I've been using for the last year and a bit. I've replaced the pedals on top with a TU-3 and a DD-5, plus I usually bring an SG and LP. I sometimes use a Recto 2x12 instead of the mini-stack. I prefer my Recto to the Mark V, but the Mark V produces better tone at less than optimum volume levels so I usually take it unless I know that I'll get to play loud.

Last edited by some_dude; 09-23-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Here is my 2010 board. I use a Fender Performer 100W combo.
    I sold the Pinnacle and added a Barber 1/2 Gainer and a VFE Alpha Dog.
    Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
    Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Yeah I must admit I did intend it be be a what are you currently gigging/ using daily thread. But I'm not complaining looking at some of the awesome gear!

Ultimate Tone Slacker Van Noord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d1dsj View Post
    Yeah I must admit I did intend it be be a what are you currently gigging/ using daily thread. But I'm not complaining looking at some of the awesome gear!
    Oh OK, then in that case I utilize this oversized 2x12 w/ 120 watt Eminence V12 Legends along with whichever amp I choose. Sometimes I also use one of my 4x12's.
    Last edited by Van Noord; 09-23-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Noord View Post
    Oh OK, then in that case I utilize this oversized 2x12 w/ 120 watt Eminence V12 Legends along with whichever amp I choose. Sometimes I also use one of my 4x12's.
    How do you like those V12 Legends btw?

I'm thinking of a new 2x12 and the V12s are top of my list to try.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Van Noord's Avatar

I really like them. Nice enough change from my usual V30 usage. They don't have the upper mid thing and have tighter, bigger lowend. Smooth highs too. I like them because they can take A LOT of volume and remain clear under lots of gain. I can pour a lot of mids, lows and highs into them with an amps eq and they never get overwhelmed.
    I still prefer V30's, because I'm so used to their aggressive punch and cutting mids and presence. But the V12's are my second choice.

This is what 14+ years of G.A.S. does to you. This is my finished rig (well, eventually the acoustic will be upgraded, but that's not anything I'm rushing to do).

Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-23-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlar3000 View Post
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

I had no idea you had a 335!

She's a beauty!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Noord View Post
    I really like them. Nice enough change from my usual V30 usage. They don't have the upper mid thing and have tighter, bigger lowend. Smooth highs too. I like them because they can take A LOT of volume and remain clear under lots of gain. I can pour a lot of mids, lows and highs into them with an amps eq and they never get overwhelmed.
    I still prefer V30's, because I'm so used to their aggressive punch and cutting mids and presence. But the V12's are my second choice.
    Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of them to use in a 2x12 with my SLO clone as V30s don't really seem to work with that amp very well.

I had no idea you had a 335!

She's a beauty!
    Thanks, she's just a plain old 2001 USA production ES-335 (nothing historic/custom shop), but she does sound really good and is constructed better than most of what I've seen coming from Gibson. I've gotten burned on too many of them, so I hand picked this one at a local store and the honeymoon period has been good (I've had it for probably the last month or so). There's a sound there unlike anything else I've ever owned. I think yours is probably my favorite guitar on the forum, though!

The Tungsten Crema Wheat I just got in a few days ago. Given your love for Fenders, I think you'd probably like it Kinda hints at the 5e3 thing, while fixing a few things that were probably less than desirable by a lot of folks (namely the loose low-end and lack of headroom). It's got some very cool things going on that make it the perfect compliment to the Vibrolux.
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-23-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlar3000 View Post
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by That90'sGuy View Post
    Thanks, she's just a plain old 2001 USA production ES-335 (nothing historic/custom shop), but she does sound really good and is constructed better than most of what I've seen coming from Gibson. I've gotten burned on too many of them, so I hand picked this one at a local store and the honeymoon period has been good (I've had it for probably the last month or so). There's a sound there unlike anything else I've ever owned. I think yours is probably my favorite guitar on the forum, though!

The Tungsten Crema Wheat I just got in a few days ago. Given your love for Fenders, I think you'd probably like it Kinda hints at the 5e3 thing, while fixing a few things that were probably less than desirable by a lot of folks (namely the loose low-end and lack of headroom). It's got some very cool things going on that make it the perfect compliment to the Vibrolux.
    I thought that was a Crema Wheat...I miss having a 5E3 around as they are such cool amps...I've thought about getting one again, I hear the Tungsten stuff is super nice!

I agree with your stance on 335's...I just love the tone of those guitars and I feel super lucky to own mine! Thanks BTW!

Thumbs up for erksin. This is a guy after my own heart. I have a Skylark, a Princeton Reverb, and an Ampeg Jet.

This is (or was till recently) my most common gigging rig. '68 on the left and '95 on the right.

I don't always use the tremolo pedal. The Pickup Booster and the Screaming Bird are in the Decimator's loop, and the Shape Shifter comes after the Decimator. All pedals run on batteries, though I'd like to change that soon, and build a board to hold them all.

But now I have this amp, and it greatly simplifies my setup. I don't use it with the Pickup Booster or the Screaming Bird. That also means that I don't run anything in the loop of the Decimator (except for a patch cable to complete the "empty" loop), and it means that I only carry one amp to a gig. The only thing that is more complicated about it is that I run the Shape Shifter in the amp's effects loop instead of up front.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 09-24-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Toneologist

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaBass View Post
    This is a guy after my own heart. I have a Skylark, a Princeton Reverb, and an Ampeg Jet.

My rig is basically a guitar into a tuner and a tremolo pedal, noise gate, and then into my amp, if I am using my new Mesa. If I am not using the Mesa, it's usually my Ampeg Jet, so I will add a clean boost and a treble boost to the pedal chain, and maybe take out the trem pedal. Sometimes I will slip a Hot Tubes into the pedal chain too, but that is mainly for recording, not playing live. Same with my Deluxe Memory Man, though I use that far less often.
    Yeah I'm pretty damn lucky to have found those amps. Guitars and pedals can come and go, but it's soooo hard to find truly great amps.

So why the noise gate? Do you play with a lot of gain or something? I've never been able to see the appeal of those things because they screw with your dynamics so much.

Ultimate Tone Slacker thespricket's Avatar

All listed down below. Only now Im using the Plimsoul instead of the RAT and I've got a line 6 compressor ahead in the chain. I've also got a MXR blue box that I sometimes use instead of the tweak fuzz. I've still also got the Bugera V5.

I currently don't take either of my amps out because most clubs or studios I play in usually have a decent tube amp or two I can use clean with my pedals to get a good tone. I had to set my pedalboard up with that in mind.
    Gear:
    Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
    Epi Dot Natural
    Partscaster blackie
    Breedlove Passport Mahogany
    VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
    Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erksin View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty damn lucky to have found those amps. Guitars and pedals can come and go, but it's soooo hard to find truly great amps.

So why the noise gate? Do you play with a lot of gain or something? I've never been able to see the appeal of those things because they screw with your dynamics so much.
    I don't play with a lot of gain. And I felt the same as you about noise gates until I tried this particular model. It tracks the signal extremely accurately, so it is very transparent. I leave it on all the time, but it's only really working between songs.

Basically, it's biggest benefit was that it helped to keep my OCD bandmate with weird sensory issues from having a meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Bass gear to left. Guitar gear to the right.

edit: I add all my amp/pedal/cab gear to the picture. Bass and guitars are not shown.
    Last edited by crguti; 09-28-2012 at 03:37 AM.