Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Dawn Of The Shred TheLivingDead's Avatar

Default Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

LOL thankya.

It's from the DiMarzio Area '67 and the Tone Zone together. Makes a kinda ugly stratty quack that I'm in love with.

Last edited by TheLivingDead; 11-27-2012 at 09:56 PM.

INTENSELY corrosive sweat formula73's Avatar

Default Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Pen15.

JohnJohn

Quote Originally Posted by formula73 View Post
    N?

Dammit. I was going to post that Nazareth riff, too. Grrr...
    Well, what about a 'New Kids on the Block' song ?

Ultimate Tone Slacker zenmindbeginner's Avatar

If we wanna play do we have to do every week or can we kind of bump in and out? Oh that's right... red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
    Groovy idea! I'm in.

Let me ask you though, do we have within a full week to get something recorded for the specific letter?

Also... Why not have it completely open to the forum instead of just 7 people? Thinking it'd be a lot better that way. The more the merrier, no?
    Word. I want in.
    Last edited by zenmindbeginner; 11-28-2012 at 09:50 PM.

I'm mad we have to wait a week. I don't wanna sit on that drunk performance.

How's about... 15 participants?

I'm mad we have to wait a week. I don't wanna sit on that drunk performance.

How's about... 15 participants?
    Ive got a sober performance that sounds like Im drunk that I`d love to post but I didn`t get in on the game in time. Maybe 9unslin9er could bring a few people up from the minor leagues

Super Toneologist

Guys, I understand everyone's frustration. I don't want to look like the bad guy from not expanding on this game, however I want to iterate why I'm keeping players at a minimum.
    Some of the letters in this game are really tough ("N" wasn't even a bad one) especially for two passes. I've gotten numerous requests to join, but everyone's going to have to exercise a little patience.

Have a clip? You have the entire Tips/Clips section to post it. Don't want to sound like a broken record, so let's observe the rules of the game.

*I'll note that at any point during the week, a player on the current roster can sub-in a proxy. Just shoot me a PM and I will post an opening notification. First come first serve. When the week is over, the right to post will go back to the absent player.
    Last edited by 9unslin9er; 11-29-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker zenmindbeginner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9unslin9er View Post
    Guys, I understand everyone's frustration. I don't want to look like the bad guy from not expanding on this game, however I want to iterate why I'm keeping players at a minimum.
    Some of the letters in this game are really tough ("N" wasn't even a bad one) especially for two passes. I've gotten numerous requests to join, but everyone's going to have to exercise a little patience.

Have a clip? You have the entire Tips/Clips section to post it. Don't want to sound like a broken record, so let's observe the rules of the game.

*I'll note that at any point during the week, a player on the current roster can sub-in a proxy. Just shoot me a PM and I will post an opening notification. First come first serve. When the week is over, the right to post will go back to the absent player.
    You should be writing letters of rejection for University applicants.

Alright.

Well... If there's a week where I'm just not feelin' it or something, I'll post in here to let ya'll know.

Tone Member

Alright.

Well... If there's a week where I'm just not feelin' it or something, I'll post in here to let ya'll know.
    I'll def not be feeling it when the letter, "X" comes around...

Yeah, maybe we can do a song or a song from an album that starts with X or something.

Tone Member

Yeah, maybe we can do a song or a song from an album that starts with X or something.
    More like a band or song name that just HAS an "x" in it is hard enough as it is... I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there...

Super Toneologist

Good morning players! It's 12/3/2012 and Round 2 of Riffmaster 2012!

Here's a recap of last weeks entries:
    1. SlyFoxx: Nazareth - Hair of the Dog. #17
    2. Jolly: Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me. #22
    3. formula73: NOFX - Bottles To The Ground. #23
    4. ex-250: Northern Ontario Black Metal Preservation Society - Northern October. #27
    5. alphadog808: No Doubt - Don't Speak. #31
    6. 9unslin9er: New Found Glory - Head On Collision. #33
    7. TheLivingDead: No Doubt - Hella Good. #38

This week's letter is: C

Lots of options there. Happy playing!
    Last edited by 9unslin9er; 12-03-2012 at 08:03 AM.

The Cars, "My Best Friend's Girl."

Last edited by SlyFoxx; 12-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Ultimate Tone Member sixstringsamurai333's Avatar

This game is a sweet idea! If anyone needs a sub, I'm keen
    http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for and by the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar

Crowbar- Planets Collide

Heres audio. I may do a video later. Maybe.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3444936/AlphabetRiffs/C1.mp3

(video)
    Last edited by ex-250; 05-27-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Oooo great letter! I'm gonna think it over and learn something later if I have to. See you all then!

I knew some old bastard like myself was going to pick The Cars - Best Friends Girl...lol

Asshatologist

This is neat.

I got a buzz, and I went over one minute, as usual. Here is my contribution. For the letter C, I choose The Cult - Love Removal Machine off of one of the greatest albums of all time, Electric. And yes, I did play that rather sloopy...lol

I figured since it was The Cult I would play my Gretsch White Falcon. It's played through my Blackstar HT-5 with a TC Electronic G Major in the effects loop.

and the original song can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaK81oUmbbs
    Last edited by JOLLY; 12-03-2012 at 02:58 PM.