Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Twin Reverb VS Fender Deluxe Reverb? Your experiences?

Default Re: Fender Twin Reverb VS Fender Deluxe Reverb? Your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Kookaburra View Post
    I used a Twin as my main amp in rock bands for years, with a Tubescreamer and a hot bucker (X2N). Fantastic sound! However, we were playing very loud
    I would take a Fender Twin over a Marshall any day for hard rock or metal.

Default Fender Twin Reverb VS Fender Deluxe Reverb? Your experiences?

I like Jeremy have had both. I sold my Twin because it was too loud. My DR is a wonderful amp but if I need more I use my Super Reverb. The super is a pita to move because of its height more then the weight but it is my all time Favorite Fender amp SRV used. SR as his main amps early in his career. They have 40w and 4 10" speakers so they move more air the the Twins do and they break up easier due to the lower wattage. The Twin is a very clean amp but the Super can get raunchy. It's a great amp. What I do is set the volume at about 4 to 5 then I can clean it up with my volume control. I also a/b'd mine with a Marshall for years. Talk about versatile but a lot of gear to move

The DR is my favorite of all Fenders. It's a very powerful little amp. At 22w it's plenty loud for most of the clubs I play and they break up early at about 4 to 5 they sound great. Once the volume gets over 5.5 it tends to get muddy but that can be
    Fixed with the right speaker. The DR IS NOT A CLEAN AMP. It has plenty of balls and they are loud depending on how big the rooms are that you play. If I play a gig where the room is big enough for about 500 to 1000 people(which i never do) I would mike my Deluxe. Other then that i use it almost exclusively for gigging. Last fall I played an outside gig and I used my Marshall. 98% if the time I use the Deluxe
    Last edited by Bludave; 04-17-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Tone Member

Wow that video freaked me out!

One sounds amazing, the other...not so much.

Yup, I said it. Twins rock, Deluxes are boxy with no clean headroom.
    Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

troublemaker! lol
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin