Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blackstar ID 100 opinions ?

Default Re: Blackstar ID 100 opinions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelleuk View Post
    Does the 260TVP sound as good as the HT40 ? not even close ( IMO ) The HT40 is so much warmer and with more body and soul.
    Is the 260TVP a bad sounding combo? Absolutely not! Its an amazing amp with many options and variations, Its a "Swiss Army Amp" and a great option if you want to get as close as possible without actually havng tubes.
    I am rather interested in purchasing this amp, and I really do like how you describe it as the Swiss Army Knife of amps. I do have a question, which i've yet to see anyone talk about it, and that being the main reason as to why I have yet purchase it. When one engages the TVP, does this amp continue to feel tight and focused like a usual SS amp, or does it introduce that looseness that tube amps tend to have?

I ask this because I am looking for a modern SS amp that can do a very wide variety of extreme metal well, that including brutal death metal in the style of early Suffocation.

there is no 2 second latency issue.. i've owned 2 id:60's and an Id:100 and they switch almost instantly (very slight delay) from the console and the latency only occurs when using the foot switch (fs-10).. and that time is about a second.. but it does exist

Quote Originally Posted by Brow View Post
    I'm assuming Beers changes the valves when they sound bad, just that he's never had 1 blow or break.
    Correct. I did have my very first EL34 blow on me since my last comment but 1 within 10 years is pretty good. It didn't exactly blow, but it was close. It was flashing blue light and making popping sounds.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our ReverbNation