Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Godin users unite

Default Re: Godin users unite

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    This is the unfortunate reality of buying a Godin. They are very reasonable, but their re-sale value isn't the greatest. I don't understand why. Seems like the only good resellers are
    Gibons, Fenders and very recently, PRS. Some Gretch guitars are valuable too. some like the country Gentleman are really well made but don't do anything for me. People like
    Stephen Stills sure liked them. Rickenbacker are out of sight! i never played one, so I have no opinion. I always thought they were named for Eddie, the World War 1 Ace.
    A simple solution is to buy the guitar you want to play, not a guitar for resale. If you're looking to get into the guitar market, don't bother with anything but the two biggies, and only stray from USA if it's a Japanese guitar.

Every one of Godin and Richmond's line is a player and a gigger. Maybe in 30 years people will want to pay larger amounts for them like they do for stuff like Hamers now, but for now, buy to enjoy.

It doesn't hurt that they also make very pretty guitars. Buying a used Godin will net you a guitar that will work hard for you for a generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Alternatively, buy 'em used for next to nothing and really stretch the hell out of your dollar.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Super Toneologist

I love my Godin Session, the pickups on it were good but not my style. For a basswood strat copy it weighs a lot. Actually I don't perform live with it for that reason because the shoulder neck area tends to hurt after 10min. So its purpose is for recordings only. it does shine there though

I just was talking to a Godin dealer locally who's got a problem with the weight of the guitars, but that's about it. I can understand where he's coming from as he's past me in years a bit, and gigging with a huge Shifter bass could get pretty bad after a while I bet.

Honestly, I hope nobody figures it out. I like to have a guitar from a horribly underrated company. I'd like to get more, but that's for some other day when I have more money. A Progression would be super sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Alternatively, buy 'em used for next to nothing and really stretch the hell out of your dollar.
    The best guitar I've ever bought for the lowest price was a Godin LG P90, which has an absolutely great neck, toneful body, and Duncan SP-90's. I bought it used for $170 in a hard shell case. It plays and sounds better than any Gibson P-90 guitar I've tried or owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

i love the clean tones of my Icon 2 Conv. with P-Rails. Put it through the gain channel of a Black Star amp and look out!

Put it through my Fender Ultra Chorus with a tube screamer set low and watch out!

I got an SDxt, Redline 1, and Redline 3. Clearly a Godin fan, I think they are one of the best buys out there (especially USED!). I got the Icon 2 Convertible on my radar but can't find a dealer (nearby)
    with one to try out. From the specs/descrip it has the potential to be an amazing guitar.

Tone Member

Paid less than $300 for this naughty little girl:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Godin.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	52580

I've got an Art and Lutherie acoustic, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

If they did extended range I would be happy...
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420, Ibanez RGA7, Ibanez RGD7421, Ibanez AFS75T 1993 Korean Squier Strat, Jackson MIJ DXMG, Yamaha APX500II
    Basses: Ibanez SR605
    Amp(s): Marshall JCM800 clone
    Seymour Duncan Pickups used: Pegasus, Sentient, Blackouts, JB, Jazz, Invader, Hotrails, Vintage Stack (tele set), Dave Mustaine Livewire,

The U.S. always hypes and it's usually B.S. Robert is a hands on guy and loves what he does, and it shows!

My cousin is a professional musician in the western PA and east Ohio area and he has a couple of Godins that he absolutely loves. He gigs with them probably 4-6 days a week. He'll never sell them.

My A-8 Mandolin

Name:	vgqDKlC.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	58201
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for D'Addario, Musopia, Reunion Blues, Q-Parts, and Nukleus Pickups.

^ Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Here is my Godin LGX-SA (S) . I love this guitar ! But I need to replace the volume control and the 5way switch. This guitar was before they added the battery compartment so I added one. I also replaced the tuners for the locking tuners. But not sure I want to use Godin switches for the replacement of the 5way and volume. So any info and or suggestions would help allot.

Name:	1486677_10200816306310690_406351327_n.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	58279 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1488139_10200888046824158_816416471_n.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	58280 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1468797_10200888048544201_556644370_n.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	58282
    Last edited by gene4christ; 10-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Just wondering, what would be a good pickup swap for this guitar ??? I do not remember what Seymour's Godin used . If anyone noes pleases share. I will be contacting Godion to find out later this week . I like clear tones as well sweet overdriven tones , I play through a Fender 1965 Deluxe reissue. I also like mid range and darker , more than real bright tones . OK their website says they are as follows : The neck is a JAZZ II and the bridge is a CUSTOM/CUSTOM CUSTOM PLUS.
    Last edited by gene4christ; 11-05-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Original owner of a 1995 Godin LGX here. In the middle of changing out the Tetrad pickups with a Jazz in the neck and Custom 5 in the bridge position. Any advice?

See http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...ight=godin+lgx for previous discussions.

Thanks!

Name:	20151018_205029473_iOS.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	68964

Name:	Godin PushPull.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	68965

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    I've been GAS'ing for one of those ever since I first saw one. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell it any more. I'll have to keep on the lookout for a used specimen.

Hi !

This little PCB !!!

I'm a little off topic, but would it be possible to have some more closeup pics of the push pull ?... Id'd like to read the values of the capacitors.

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by tpauth View Post
    Original owner of a 1995 Godin LGX here. In the middle of changing out the Tetrad pickups with a Jazz in the neck and Custom 5 in the bridge position. Any advice?

See http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...ight=godin+lgx for previous discussions.

Thanks!

Name:	20151018_205029473_iOS.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	68964

Name:	Godin PushPull.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	68965