Help with Dual Coil Epi Les Paul

Thread: Help with Dual Coil Epi Les Paul

1. IronDent said:

Default Help with Dual Coil Epi Les Paul

Can someone please post a real picture of the wiring for a dual coil? I bought some distortion pups but after hours of searching I have not found a picture of one that matches what I have. Mine seems to be a solderless plug.
    Please see the attached picture; this is what my LS has. THANKS.Name:  P1012018.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  73.6 KB

2. Funkfingers said:

Default Re: Help with Dual Coil Epi Les Paul

Welcome to the forum.

The components in your photograph are the current standard Epiphone two vol., two tone wiring harness. The PCBs on the tone pots feature a push-pull switch for coil splitting and a socket to accept the corresponding block connectors found on current Epiphone Pro pickups.

3. IronDent said:

Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

The components in your photograph are the current standard Epiphone two vol., two tone wiring harness. The PCBs on the tone pots feature a push-pull switch for coil splitting and a socket to accept the corresponding block connectors found on current Epiphone Pro pickups.
    But since the duncan pups don't have a socket were would i solder the wires? Can anyone please provide a picture?

GuitarDoc said:

Do you have the original pups that came with that harness? If so, you can trace the wires from the pups to the terminals on the tone pot P/P switches.

If you don't have the original pups, you could either contact Epi CS or use a multimeter to map out the connections on the P/P switches.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.