Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hondo II Strat copy

Default Hondo II Strat copy

I've got this Hondo II strat copy here, and I just purchased an Artec distortion in a knob type thing. I'm ashamed to say, I don't know heads from tails in this guitar.
    Last edited by ToreyCMoore; 06-26-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Default Re: Hondo II Strat copy

What's the question?

I just need to know what wires I need to run through the replacement pot, in the diagram.

Imperator of Indignation idsnowdog's Avatar

Did the circuit come with a battery clip and stereo jack? Basically the stereo jack completes the circuit and powers the preamp when the guitar is plugged in. You want to make sure you unplug the guitar while your not playing to not drain the battery. Otherwise the diagram is fairly simple. This diagram should work. Compare the modified diagram to the stock diagram here for reference .
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3s_1v_2t_5w

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	55266
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 06-26-2014 at 04:34 PM.

It did come with a clip, and I have a three pronged jack for it, All I need to know, Is which wires from the guitar go to it. Which wire is which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ToreyCMoore View Post
    I just need to know what wires I need to run through the replacement pot, in the diagram.
    Maybe this diagram will help:

Note that you're also rewiring the bottom tone knob to become a global tone knob, which just means that it connects to the volume pot instead of the selector switch.

My issue is that the three single coil pickups have three wires each, its only got a 3 way pickup switch, and I'm not replacing one of the pots, I have a place elsewhere on the guitar for it.

Quote Originally Posted by idsnowdog View Post
    Did the circuit come with a battery clip and stereo jack? Basically the stereo jack completes the circuit and powers the preamp when the guitar is plugged in. You want to make sure you unplug the guitar while your not playing to not drain the battery. Otherwise the diagram is fairly simple. This diagram should work. Compare the modified diagram to the stock diagram here for reference .
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3s_1v_2t_5w

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	55266
    So what you're saying is, There's an unused jack? or do I wire this into the normal jack?

So what you're saying is, There's an unused jack? or do I wire this into the normal jack?
    It looks like the device you bought comes with it's own three lead jack that you have to install in place of the existing two lead jack.

My issue is that the three single coil pickups have three wires each, its only got a 3 way pickup switch, and I'm not replacing one of the pots, I have a place elsewhere on the guitar for it.
    In that case the modification is easy, since nothing associated with either the switch or tone pots changes at all. The device will go between the volume pot and the output jack. Take a look at your output jack and then the diagram, "input" is the white wire, and "gnd" is the back wire.

Imperator of Indignation idsnowdog's Avatar

If your not replacing a pot all you need to do is connect the preamp to the hot wire and your ground wire. You would use the stereo jack that came with the circuit, because when you plug the guitar in it completes the circuit and engages the preamp. If you used a regular mono jack or left the guitar plugged in the preamp would always be on and the battery would die soon afterward.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 06-26-2014 at 05:36 PM.