Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Bonamassa’s 5 Most Underrated Amps

Default Re: Joe Bonamassa’s 5 Most Underrated Amps

Name:  joe-bonomasa.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  35.4 KB

Joe Bonamassa - uninspiring, boring, pretentious cork sniffing endorsement whore. For crying out loud he has signature CABLES! Since when did blues become "elitist" music? Anyone remember all those artists having only acoustic, or some cheap low wattage amp? I really don't like this guy and all that forced "guitar legend" aura around him.

This is actually inspiring:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0_0Z5FI7I
    Last edited by Noisembryo; 09-25-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    ---

Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar

Yes! An attention starved GC blues lawyer, my kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Noisembryo View Post
    Joe Bonamassa - uninspiring, boring, pretentious cork sniffing endorsement whore. For crying out loud he has signature CABLES! Since when did blues become "elitist" music? Anyone remember all those artists having only acoustic, or some cheap low wattage amp? I really don't like this guy and all that forced "guitar legend" aura around him.

This is actually inspiring:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0_0Z5FI7I
    Yep, Son House didn't need blue lasers to get his point across.

Mojo's Minions Powdered Toast Man's Avatar

Never heard of him.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Quote Originally Posted by LRS View Post
    You guys are hilarious! Thanks, I needed a good laugh :-) oh, BTW I'm a JB fan and I like Volvo cars ;-) Anyway, some of you have a valid point; his management seems to aim at "upper class" fans. He's playing in Amsterdam in March 2015, ticket prices €79,- and up. I think that's quite a bit over the top. Four years ago I payed €40,- for Clapton & Winwood. Oh well, maybe I should just stop whining and get in touch with the local golf / country club... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That ticket price is pretentious. I hesitate to pay that much for artists who actually have AirPlay.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Not about to get into BS about Joe, his music, his bluesyness or any of that childish bickering crap but I will say this....he's 100% right about those new Fender '68 Custom amps both the Deluxe and the Vibrolux sound killer.

his music is awesome! I like his old band "Black Country Communion" but I must admit I dig his old singer's new band "California Breed"

Ultimate Tone Slacker xxxplorer's Avatar

I like black lung heartache. Black Country Communion was cool, but didn't get dirty or hungry enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Bass Player @ Seymour Duncan marcboomer's Avatar

We gotta love he put a Seymour Duncan AMP on there huh.

I haven't listened to a lot of JB but I did see him the last time he was in Portland and thought he put on a very good show. His fast lead passages reminded me a lot of Eric Johnson.
    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
    If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Like JB, I'm a big fan of amps. The strange thing is, we're both a fan of Marshall Jubilees for what they do. However, Jubilees would be pretty far down my list of best 'main amps.' I understand the love for Jubilees, but am dumbfounded as to why he's made it his favorite live amp, given his income level.

I have a good amp collection that includes Jubilees, because it's one of Marshall's best high gainers, but a wall of Bogner/Vintage Fender makes more sense to me. Those two are the pinnacle of gain and clean.

On the modern side of things, I agree with his assessment of 68 Reissue Fenders. Put those next to a Bogner Helios and XTC and you're done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Like JB, I'm a big fan of amps. The strange thing is, we're both a fan of Marshall Jubilees for what they do. However, Jubilees would be pretty far down my list of best 'main amps.' I understand the love for Jubilees, but am dumbfounded as to why he's made it his favorite live amp, given his income level.

I have a good amp collection that includes Jubilees, because it's one of Marshall's best high gainers, but a wall of Bogner/Vintage Fender makes more sense to me. Those two are the pinnacle of gain and clean.

On the modern side of things, I agree with his assessment of 68 Reissue Fenders. Put those next to a Bogner Helios and XTC and you're done!
    Sometimes it's not about money. Sometimes a product just does what you want and is not expensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Nope...

Joe would be way less pretentious if he wasn't so much freakin' better than everyone who calls him pretentious.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for D'Addario, Musopia, Reunion Blues, Q-Parts, and Nukleus Pickups.

Little Pigbacon

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    Joe would be way less pretentious if he wasn't so much freakin' better than everyone who calls him pretentious.
    You'll get that at high levels of skill, talent, achievement, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Nope...

Mojo's Minions

Joe B is a pretty fine guitarist if you ask me. Didn't he start getting national recognition when he was only 10-12? I guess I understand the carping, but I remember people saying EXACTLY the same things about Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepard too. And yes,...Bloomfield, Clapton and Winter before them. And yes I AM that OLD! &*$#!!!!

I certainly wouldn't mind having his endorsements--or Johnny Hiland's,...jeez that guy is EVERYWHERE. And Johnny Winter...I'm seeing more ads with him now that he gone than ever before. (And hey, what is it with these guys named "Johnny", and how can they be so good?

(Give yourself points if you got the pun...)

I think the article is interesting, and food for thought, though it certainly seems that the new Fender Custom '68 Series can no longer be deemed "underrated" with everyone singing their praises.

And I remember back before '68...you couldn't GIVE away a Supro amp...until some guy named Page started using one, and now they are practically Holy Grail amps.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Well, he isn't quite Eric Johnson, who has a lot more dexterity, virtuosity, diverse influences, and..yes, better tone. I am happy Joe found his audience, if not a unique voice.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    Joe B is a pretty fine guitarist if you ask me.
    I don't see anyone doubting the guy is talented. I think the common thread here is people find him uninspiring. When I heard about "Black Country Communion" I was excited to hear about the project. When I heard the music it was a bit of a let down. Once again not bad, but uninspiring. IMO there is no wow factor to his music, nothing that makes me sit back and say to myself "now this is interesting". I get the feeling I am not alone with this assessment.