Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Duncan (neck) & DiMarzio (bridge) Humbuckers wired to split in LP clone

Default Duncan (neck) & DiMarzio (bridge) Humbuckers wired to split in LP clone

Hi all,

Advice and help required.

My LP clone has an APH-1N wired to split to poles (as opposed the standard diagram to slugs) and I'm about to put a 36th Anniversary PAF (already purchased don't flog me for straying!) Into the bridge wired split to slugs (see diagram), will I have phase issues in the middle position or middle when split?? Sorry if its a dumb question but I am confused now!!

Thanks guysClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-30_21.56.57.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	59884

Default Re: Duncan (neck) & DiMarzio (bridge) Humbuckers wired to split in LP clone

not sure. see if the two poles you are splitting to attract magnetically

Default Re: Duncan (neck) & DiMarzio (bridge) Humbuckers wired to split in LP clone

Thanks Jeremy, shame I'd already installed them.

Just tried her out and now I'm more confused, all positions worked fine, tried splitting all ok, middle position when split sounds particularly great, then switched back to the bridge on full and it's thin and quiet, yet split sounds good?? What am I missing or have I been sold a duff pup?

Here she is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	59913

Would it possibly be a bad earth, bare and green not soldered adequately? Guess I'm taking her apart again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update for those who are interested. It was a bad earth and
    Gnd of the south coil start (green) on the bridge pup. Sounds great, not aware of any phase issues with this setup and the pickups pair well, to my duff ears at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk