Likes Likes:  0

Thread: looking for yamaha pacifica 510 wiring diagram? prails+3 way pickup selector

Default looking for yamaha pacifica 510 wiring diagram? prails+3 way pickup selector

looking to duplicate this..single p rails and use a 3 way pickup selector switch to toggle between hum/p90 and rail...anyone have this wiring diagram? thanx

Default Re: looking for yamaha pacifica 510 wiring diagram? prails+3 way pickup selector

With a typical 3-way switch, you will only be able to toggle between P-90 coil, Rail coil, and parallel. You wont be able to get series.

With an on/off/on dpdt (or spdt) you would only be able to get P-90, Rail, series. No parallel.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...atic=1prail_1v
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Default Re: looking for yamaha pacifica 510 wiring diagram? prails+3 way pickup selector

so that guitar 510v only does p90/parralel/rail?...i thought it did humbucker series/p90/rail...maybe i could also add a push pull on the vol?

Yeah, you could get a p/p to add series/parallel.
    Or you could just mount the pup in a Triple Shot and you'd have everything...series, parallel, split to screw coil, split to slug coil.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

well its on a strat with pickguard so no pu rings on it....i am hoping to get this figured out ...i am new to wiring....I am going for this option...prails 2 in bridge and single coil in neck...the guard has a 3 way pickup selector and 2 control holes....what i was thinking is this.....prails controled by the 3 way pickup selector slide switch..with a pushpull on the vol....and the other control is simple a volume/blend to bring in the neck and blend it in....but this will not allow me to just have the neck pickup on alone i think......darn i thought i had it figured out...
    Last edited by jageya; 02-07-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Name:  P-Rails Modern Player Tele.jpg
Views: 10056
Size:  49.3 KB

I created the attached wiring diagram based on a post by ParameterMan back in Aug 2011.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3450492/wiri...tissential.png

Quote Originally Posted by timgarry View Post
    Name:  P-Rails Modern Player Tele.jpg
Views: 10056
Size:  49.3 KB

I created the attached wiring diagram based on a post by ParameterMan back in Aug 2011.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3450492/wiri...tissential.png
    Has anyone used the proposed schematic? I just purchased a P-Rails Trembucker bridge to start modifying my Modern Player Tele.