Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Well CXXIV: Kais - Not a Typical Rock Star

Default Re: The Well CXXIV: Kais - Not a Typical Rock Star

When you hear the word "fencing" do you think of a job or a sport?
    Definite the sport. Have you evener seen the Princess Bride? There was a fencing scene in that movie I think.

How do you simplify a song when your song ideas are all complicated?
    By over complicated I meant I think I have to write a new guitar/bass piece for every piece of the song. And then I realize, hey why don't I simplify this ans just repeat the same part during the verse/chorus ect. Sounds weird, but it makes sense to me.

Is a forum member's post count a measure of their "forum credibility", or is it indicative of their ability to estimate the requirements of a fencing project?
    It is the ability to estimate the requirements of a fencing project. People discover this forum at different points in their lives, and that will result in a lower post count than others. Just like me, I've been playing for over a decade, but just joined in Oct 2013.

If you were on a desert island with Mary Ann and GuitarSteve, which one would you eat (first) ... assuming the food supply has run out? Steve is a guy concerned with and into fitness so he will likely be more lean, but you have expressed a preference for eating the fatter one for obvious reasons.
    I'd go for GuitarSteve first. I'm sure in that situation he has a similar thought in mind, so in addition to food, for safety reasons

Please forgive me if I have overlooked this in a previous post: What is Kais? Is it your name or is there a deeper, more profound meaning?
    No you did not overlook, good question. Kais is an Arabic name for a former tribe located in modern day Saudi Arabia. This link can explain better than I can: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qais

[QUOTE=Kais;3825344]What do you remember about the show, anything interesting? [/QUOTE}

It was LOUD, I lost my earplugs in the "pit", I was basically jumping around like an idiot the whole time (I'm the guy with the flannel shirt on in the video, ha ha), pretty much every song would start, and I'd be all, "Oh man, I LOVE this song! I love THIS song, too! Awesome!" My friends were pretty tired of me gushing about the show later. After the show we kind of wandered around town, this homeless guy kind of hung out with us (especially since we gave him beer) My ears were ringing pretty much the whole weekend.

I live pretty close to Tinley Park, and I've been to a few shows there as well. Not too bad of a drive for you, 294 south to 80.

Ha ha, not from Eau CLaire, it was, like, 6 hours each way... still totally worth it to see that show.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Great_Kazoo's Avatar

Which of the following conditions would you choose if you had to live with it forever:

A) Average/mediocre musical talent but with awesome top shelf tone and gear;

B) Supreme composing/technical chops, but with unremarkable tone and gear?

Quote Originally Posted by daan View Post
    It was LOUD, I lost my earplugs in the "pit", I was basically jumping around like an idiot the whole time (I'm the guy with the flannel shirt on in the video, ha ha), pretty much every song would start, and I'd be all, "Oh man, I LOVE this song! I love THIS song, too! Awesome!" My friends were pretty tired of me gushing about the show later. After the show we kind of wandered around town, this homeless guy kind of hung out with us (especially since we gave him beer) My ears were ringing pretty much the whole weekend.

Ha ha, not from Eau CLaire, it was, like, 6 hours each way... still totally worth it to see that show.
    Damn man I'm pretty jealous! That would've been an awesome show. At least they released the DVD so us general population can watch the pumpkins in their prime. I like what Joe Sheehan (owner of the metro) said after that show the pumpkins really hit it big and started touring on a wider scale.

I didn't mention it yet but my entire rig is based off Billy's tone. I've chased for years and now is the closest I've gotten to copping.

Quote Originally Posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
    Which of the following conditions would you choose if you had to live with it forever:

A) Average/mediocre musical talent but with awesome top shelf tone and gear;

B) Supreme composing/technical chops, but with unremarkable tone and gear?
    I'll go with option A mostly because that resembles me now lol, except no top shelf gear. To me it's not about guitar skill, but the overall music. Kurt Cobain is one of my all time favorites, but definitely isn't extremely skilled. And he didn't need to be either. My style of music closely resembles that. Although I am in the mood for shred often!

Given the choice would you rather be abducted aliens or by radical middle east terrorists?
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

my standard questions:

asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger (skip this one )
    a grasshopper

three persons living or dead you'd like to have a 5 min conversation with and why
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Given the choice would you rather be abducted aliens or by radical middle east terrorists?
    middle east. I am middle eastern, so I could probably talk myself out of it! The aliens, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post
    my standard questions:

asleep and dreaming
    could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
    go

ever eat
    an oyster
    a booger (skip this one )
    a grasshopper

three persons living or dead you'd like to have a 5 min conversation with and why
    Not sure what the shania rule is. Too many things to type. General King of the world comments, ect. More reasonable goals as well, never have to work again, buy everything on my wish list x20, ect.

None to all of those!

Tough one.
    1. Thomas Edison, would like to understand his mindset a bit better.
    2. Alexander the Great, greatest warlord in history.
    3. Kurt Cobain, during his life I don't think there was ever 1 good interview of him. Just a bunch of random off the wall questions. I'd like to conduct that interview. 5 minutes is short, but could be efficient.

Shania Rule disclaimer:

when I posed the question to my one of my drinking buddies in the 90's
    I started "Asleep and Dreaming, you could be or do anything you......."
    he cut me off there with "Shania Twain" and refused to back away from the answer
    while one must admit a mid 90's Shania would be a grand thing
    I was looking for a much deeper thought
    *** Like your answer btw***
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Quote Originally Posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Shania Rule disclaimer:

when I posed the question to my one of my drinking buddies in the 90's
    I started "Asleep and Dreaming, you could be or do anything you......."
    he cut me off there with "Shania Twain" and refused to back away from the answer
    while one must admit a mid 90's Shania would be a grand thing
    I was looking for a much deeper thought
    *** Like your answer btw***
    comprende

safe to say this has died out, whoever wants the nomination send me a pm!

Wow, we're still doing The Well, huh? Glad to know the tradition continues.

If you had to be hit in the face with a pound of feathers or a pound of lead, which and why?

You have to eat one food, and only one food, for the rest of your life. What is it?

You can only watch one television show for the rest of your life, what is it?

You're on stage in front of 10,000 people, playing the show of your life. You're in the middle of the set, and have no backup guitar. You break a string and have to finish the show. Which string would you prefer to be broken?
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

First questions in three months! Woo hoo, we're back in bidness!
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Funkfingers

Not even Australia's greatest teenaged self-publicist wants to take the next turn.

I didn't realize that it had been three months since the last questions. When I was in EMS, we would consider this a necrothread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

I'm surprised GilMod hasn't closed it and issued infractions for zombie thread resurrection.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in this Well. They used to go on for a dozen pages or so, and now it's all like *womp womp*

Quote Originally Posted by beandip View Post
    Wow, we're still doing The Well, huh? Glad to know the tradition continues.

If you had to be hit in the face with a pound of feathers or a pound of lead, which and why?

Feathers? Who the heck would say lead unless they had a death wish.

You have to eat one food, and only one food, for the rest of your life. What is it?

Something healthy. Pea soup.

You can only watch one television show for the rest of your life, what is it?

Simpsons. Would take a while to finish too.

You're on stage in front of 10,000 people, playing the show of your life. You're in the middle of the set, and have no backup guitar. You break a string and have to finish the show. Which string would you prefer to be broken?
    The high E. Seems to be the one most prone to breaking. In my set list, I could probably get away without using it, or playing an octave lower.

See answers above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handing off to BeanDip now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk