Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAlysis View Post
    The latest board. Gonna be like this for a long while. Gonna be too poor to make any changes.
    Nice. Been thinking about getting the Crimson Drive for some time now. Do you use into a dirty channel or clean? And do you use the Hoof into it (or vice versa) at times?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11853863_10204018779584038_1870166748_n.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	66110

this is my current board!
    Check out my YouTube channel, I do weekly uploads of all things guitar related, whether it be news on upcoming gear in the market, or demo's or guides on maintaining your instrument. I hope you like the channel and decide to support me by hitting the subscribe button! www.youtube.com/thegearfiles

Professional Scapegoat BloodRose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    WOW! My wife bought me the Pedaltrain pedalboard AND its road case for our anniversary....She likes the noises that come out of the studio...
    OOOOOOO What a Lucky Man, he was....... Seriously, congrats!! My wife is even worse than Securb's. She thinks its all a waste of money and clutter in her house...

only musical gear my wife has ever bought me, was a samick bass back when we were first married and she cared about pleasing me.. Since then, whenever things are tight, "you need to sell that or pawn that"..

Back on topic, I recently aquired a couple of new pedals that will be replacing a couple on my board. need to get it done and then get a pic up of my ghetto rig..
    Last edited by BloodRose; 08-22-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post

Pitchblack, Fuzz Rite clone, BB PReamp, '74 RI Phase 90, CE-2, BF-2, DD-3, Multistomp (presently doing slapback duty). Voodoo PP2+ under the deck.
    VEry nice! Uber tidy!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeAces View Post
    Now that's a good use of a cutting board! You sir win the innovation award!
    Indeed!! I didnt even notice till you mentioned it SnakeAces... good eye! Now that I look at it further, Im curious to know how do you have it powered Erik? Interesting wiring!! That was my biggest obstacle.. My first board was a huge hand made case i built with top and bottom, a pull out deck.. I wanted durability so I used way too thick wood. Box with pedals was close to 80lbs. For power supply, I had a 12 or 24 outlet surge suppressor, separate adapters for each pedal and a wall wart for each. Of course Way too many pedals in it too.

My new board is small, has 2 tiers , approx 8 pedals. I got one spots instead but recently I got a proper power supply that I should be able mount under..

Jol Dantzig

Revised. I just added the Whirlwind Orange Box. This is the best sounding phaser I have used. I got it for a song on eBay.

Last edited by ErikH; 08-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Super Toneologist guitarSQUIRELL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeAces View Post
    Now that's a good use of a cutting board! You sir win the innovation award!
    I'm with bloodrose on his one. Good eye on that cutting board. Actually, it's not a bad idea in my book. May be somethin to look into doing when I get my pedal board built. I'm currently using a Fender Mustang Floor modeler and love it along with a TC spark mini booster.
    "Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	66155

Currently, this is what I'm using as my pedal board. I'm working on getting my actual pedals to where I can make a board. I've been using a modeler since I started playing. Just got a TC mini spark (not pictured) to boost signals to the sound board during worship services when it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
    I'm with bloodrose on his one. Good eye on that cutting board. Actually, it's not a bad idea in my book. May be somethin to look into doing when I get my pedal board built. I'm currently using a Fender Mustang Floor modeler and love it along with a TC spark mini booster.
    Thank you. I went through a lot of different ideas before going with that. I also have one I made out of a black shelf. Just added a handle on each side. It's much larger than the cutting board. No need to use it now since I have so few pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post
    Thank you. I went through a lot of different ideas before going with that. I also have one I made out of a black shelf. Just added a handle on each side. It's much larger than the cutting board. No need to use it now since I have so few pedals.
    Does the pedals try to fall off when you carry them? I see the velcro, but just my luck they would fall off and hit the floor when I picked it up...

Does the pedals try to fall off when you carry them? I see the velcro, but just my luck they would fall off and hit the floor when I picked it up...
    Nope. I use the industrial strength stuff from Home Depot. It's strong enough to hold a Crybaby on there and it not fall off.

I always thought it would be fun to use pegboard cut to size with a handle, and zip ties to secure the pedals. That would pretty much only work with Boss though, all the TB switches popular now are too fragile to cart around unprotected.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Last edited by beaubrummels; 08-27-2015 at 02:30 AM.

East of the rock & west of the hard place

OK, let's start with the Soul Food, just the mildest OD setting you can imagine, to give it a little grit, the Maxon is your typical OD-808, 70's arena rock overdrive, typical midrange "hump", the BOSS Distortion is set to a Van Halen-ish setting, just in case a "screamer" is required. The Digitech Screaming Blues was recommended to me by a friend, Mark Anderson, the guitarist in Boston's own Fat City Band, great OD with bass control. Keeley modded Blues driver for just about everything I play, OCD for drive to crunch, same with the Wampler Plextortion. Certain pedals seem to handle a crunch setting for certain songs better, so I like to leave my options open.
    Oh yeah, the EQ pedal, setting is to emulate the Hollies "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress", one of my ultimate favorite tunes....

Oh, the amps? Marshall DSL-100, Mesa Boogie F100, Fender Blues Junior Reissue, and a Fender Twin, and a Vox AC30...
    So you are prepared for anything! A man after my own heart! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GAS-a-holic View Post
    So you are prepared for anything! A man after my own heart! Thanks!
    It's taken me over 30 years to amass all this gear, now, where's that great band looking for a guitarist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post

Pitchblack, Fuzz Rite clone, BB PReamp, '74 RI Phase 90, CE-2, BF-2, DD-3, Multistomp (presently doing slapback duty). Voodoo PP2+ under the deck.
    Nice board! How are you attaching your pedals to the case, is it Velcro or are you screwing the pedals to the chassis. Can you link to the case? Also how would I fit a Wah on to there? (Building my first board )
    Consider this ... a $200 cheapo guitar through a $5,000 MESA amp sounds pretty darn good and a competent guitarist could certainly play a gig with this rig.

However, a $5,000 Gibson guitar through a $200 practice amp sounds like ... well ... a $200 practice amp.

HomeGrownToneBrewologist Rich_S's Avatar

Two out of each pedal's four backplate screws have been replaced with longer screws and a washer, running through the holes in the deck. The case is something I had a sound company guy custom build for me 30 years ago. It's just a 12" x 18" x 6" case made out of typical roadcase extrusions and ABS-covered plywood.
    Last edited by Rich_S; 08-30-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

HomeGrownToneBrewologist Rich_S's Avatar

And now.... Rich's Pedalboard, Version Infinity+1

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

For your dining and dancing pleasure:

IMHO...I think its time you invest in an effecsts looper pedal lol....too many switches to turn on and off in a given time lol....

Personally, I mainly use a modeling processor since they are somewhat cheaper (well, the one I have was anyway). I have a Fender Mustang Floor and a Digitech RP350. I started this thread to see what other guitarists alike had on a board to where I could start to build my own board in the future.
    I do the same, but with a POD HD400, a Digitech RPx400, a compressor, and a boost. The thing that sucks is setting it up and tearing it down... pedal boards just aren't made to hold multi-effects processors. I started thinking that maybe I could come up with a way to make one, but my skills at building/finishing things are pretty weak (ie: lousy).

I was at work a couple of weeks ago and got the idea that I could modify a small pallet to meet my needs, and this is what I came up with:

Name:	Bri's Pedalboard 01.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	67940

And here it is with my pedals:

Name:	Bri's Pedalboard 02.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	67941

The great thing (for me) is that, since it looks like a pallet, nobody notices that it has uneven cuts and rough edges... it's supposed to be ugly! I strapped them all down with some zip ties and now, instead of it being in pieces and having to spend time putting it together, I can just carry it with the handle inside the back, plug in the power, run a line to the amp, plug in the guitar and I'm ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"