Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Wow, very cool! Essentially you can put ANY pedal in the Superego's loop on the fly, and rearrange pedal order on the fly as well, all like a modular synth, right? Well laid out, too.
    Yep, and the blue cables can move from the Superego's effects loop to the Meet Maude's effects loop just to the left of the it as desired, so that any pedal can go there as well.

My board is slowly creeping back to the pedaltrain. I had it pretty simple there for a bit. Just the wah, H9 and the Dirt Clod. I added the exp pedal and a boost.

I don't think it's changed for a while...

Name:  pedaboard.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  133.9 KB
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Super Toneologist GuitarFanatic's Avatar

This is my pedalboard right now. I feel like a pro now..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Funkfingers

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
    I feel like a pro now.
    This is not a secks forum.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

My most recent revision.

Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Funkfingers

Difficult to tell what you have changed since last time through the JOLLY style haze.

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

This week anyhow:

Toneologist

Did a reorganization today. Took off my old standbys to try out some of my newer pedals. Removed the Son Of Hyde,Double Trouble, Open Road and Angry Fuzz and Solid Gold FX NOB. Added on my Caline Puffer Fuzz, Timmy, Eno Trouble, Caline Rock Face distortion and Joyo Vintage Overdrive for the dirt section. Added a OceanVerb reverb to the time based effects. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	72740

My recent board.

IN: MXR Analog Chorus, Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q

OUT: MXR Black Label Chorus, ISP Decimator, Dunlop Cry Baby Dimebag Signature Wah

Arranged it differently this time.

Gear

Funkfingers

More fun than Tetris.

You'll need more junk in shot to compete with Unca Jer.

Delay before Modulation, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    More fun than Tetris.

You'll need more junk in shot to compete with Unca Jer.

Delay before Modulation, huh?
    I want some weird sounds..

Gear

Funkfingers

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
    I want some weird sounds.
    This may have already happened.

God there is some funny lines on here.
    Reaches back for me in arguments I used to get into about there "being no rules" in effect positions and chains, "not being aware of such things and why, presents the pretense they do not exist".
    You can hook things up anyway you like and adjust them in an infinite manner, weird tones, yep, that is a sure thing. I count somewhere around over a dozen always in line class B buffers going on which although there "are no rules" that in itself makes for some weird tones. So success is at hand.
    "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
    You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Funkfingers

Quote Originally Posted by Gainstage View Post
    there is some funny lines on here.
    I borrowed that last one from the late Douglas Adams.

Nathan likes to have lots and lots of pedals. He is unlikely to notice buffering signal losses. Most of his tone will have been sucked away by his dogbreath interconnect cables.

I am convinced that another forum member collects pedals based on their colour scheme.
    Last edited by Funkfingers; 06-05-2016 at 08:24 PM.

I'm no stranger to excessive pedals, my largest board config last year had like 15 I think but they were hand selected goodies, only two buffers in play, no Boss or anything of the poppy lines just not my thing. Been there done all that I try to spend too much on a pedal but seems things keep going up. Used to be like $150, then $200, now a more top shelf puppy runs like $300 range. I do not do traditional rigs of the basic amp thing. I love pedals and many centuries of playing as taught me to use them not only sparingly but as an extension of the guitar tone. Some use pedals as a wash of noise where the pedal is doing all the sound like an ambiance thing like over processed delays and stuff. Effects should not be a crutch to cover not so great playing which is what many assume when they see a larger board. Usually on my rigs only a couple pedals may be on at one time. It always bugs me when I see a band where the same tones are coming from the guitarist song after song, gets boring to the audience, kick on a phaser or something that fits in with your playing and heads always turn. I like to vary gain structures and tones. I can see where some are down on pedals but really unless you are using a Les Paul the number of tones with just a guitar and amp are pretty few. Got to have a good drive at least.
    "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
    You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

Toneologist

Quote Originally Posted by Gainstage View Post
    I love pedals and many centuries of playing as taught me to use them not only sparingly but as an extension of the guitar tone. Some use pedals as a wash of noise where the pedal is doing all the sound like an ambiance thing like over processed delays and stuff. Effects should not be a crutch to cover not so great playing which is what many assume when they see a larger board. Usually on my rigs only a couple pedals may be on at one time.
    This sounds like me. I seldom use more than a couple at a time even though my board has a lot and even multiples of similar effects.

Even when I have tried several pedals at once, I tend to go for subtle. Say cascading delays where one pedal has a few extra repeats but a shorter delay or sometimes I'll stack dirt pedals where very little gain is added by each pedal but the sum of its parts is a massive wall of sound with many layers with each pedal providing only a slight level boost or a small amount of dirt.

During a set I typically have my go to sound for my rhythm tone for most of it (lately my amp set to a crunch that cleans up with the volume knob) and try to switch up the boost or secondary dirt box I engage for lead tones and splash some modulation effects around where I see fit. for a metal tone I'll add another OD or distortion with just a slight bit if extra dirt to the rhythm tone.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
    This sounds like me. I seldom use more than a couple at a time even though my board has a lot and even multiples of similar effects.

Even when I have tried several pedals at once, I tend to go for subtle. Say cascading delays where one pedal has a few extra repeats but a shorter delay or sometimes I'll stack dirt pedals where very little gain is added by each pedal but the sum of its parts is a massive wall of sound with many layers with each pedal providing only a slight level boost or a small amount of dirt.

During a set I typically have my go to sound for my rhythm tone for most of it (lately my amp set to a crunch that cleans up with the volume knob) and try to switch up the boost or secondary dirt box I engage for lead tones and splash some modulation effects around where I see fit. for a metal tone I'll add another OD or distortion with just a slight bit if extra dirt to the rhythm tone.
    Exactly. One does not turn on everything they have just for the sake of pedals and pedals. They are for tone changes and colors, as to not bore the hell out of listeners or yourself for that matter.