Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 822

Thread: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

  1. #41
    One of Jerry's Kids Securb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,773

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    You did mention the really really cool ones, Like Ed and Ace, make their own….
    She barely gives two craps about my gear. She definitely doesn't care what you and Ed have. I think her curiosity was if it performed some function on the board every guitarist needs i.e. a tuner or a power supply. If I tried to explain what it does she would be out of the room before I finished the word modulation.

  2. #42
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    She barely gives two craps about my gear. She definitely doesn't care what you and Ed have. I think her curiosity was if it performed some function on the board every guitarist needs i.e. a tuner or a power supply. If I tried to explain what it does she would be out of the room before I finished the word modulation.
    WOW! My wife bought me the Pedaltrain pedalboard AND its road case for our anniversary....She likes the noises that come out of the studio...

  3. #43
    Super Toneologist El Supremo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Name:  11082015592 small.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  96.4 KB

    My current board. Basically, the dirt/boost section is the only part that is variable although I'm thinking about adding a phaser (which means dropping something else).

  4. #44
    One of Jerry's Kids Securb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,773

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    WOW! My wife bought me the Pedaltrain pedalboard AND its road case for our anniversary....She likes the noises that come out of the studio...
    My wife is supportive. She bought me my SG before we were married and my B. C. Rich last year. She has also ponied up for effects, cases and amps. However she has no desire to know the geek side of all of this. I think she was mostly interested in the EVH 90 because she bought me mine for my birthday a few years back. .

  5. #45
    Mojo's Minions SnakeAces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MN
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,227

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErikH View Post


    Nice and simple. My main gigging amp is a modeler. Even when I'm using my Marshall head, this is all I have out front.
    Now that's a good use of a cutting board! You sir win the innovation award!

  6. #46
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    My wife is supportive. She bought me my SG before we were married and my B. C. Rich last year. She has also ponied up for effects, cases and amps. However she has no desire to know the geek side of all of this. I think she was mostly interested in the EVH 90 because she bought me mine for my birthday a few years back. .
    Understood! There are times when my wife's eyes kind of glaze over when I explain the difference between boost, overdrive, distortion, and full-on crunch....

  7. #47
    of the Forum PFDarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere around... Chicago!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,903

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Supremo View Post
    Name:  11082015592 small.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  96.4 KB

    My current board. Basically, the dirt/boost section is the only part that is variable although I'm thinking about adding a phaser (which means dropping something else).
    Got any clips or videos? I bet I'd really like what you do with that board. Two tape delays, a reverb and looper... Is the treadle a wah or volume?
    Oh no.....


    Oh Yeah!

  8. #48
    Super Toneologist El Supremo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Got any clips or videos? I bet I'd really like what you do with that board. Two tape delays, a reverb and looper... Is the treadle a wah or volume?
    The treadle is an RMC3, as kindly recommended by several forumites (including you actually, so thanks again ). No clips as of yet, but I might try to set something up once I get the hang of the looper.
    Last edited by El Supremo; 08-12-2015 at 02:38 PM.

  9. #49
    Toneologist
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Wow! So many cool boards. Mine looks downright Neanderthal in comparison...plywood atop two pieces of 2x4, kept safe in an old tweed suitcase that I lacquered. I'll have to get a pic.
    As far as pedals: Vox 847 wah->strobe tuner->Boss DS-1->Catalinbread CB30->Boss DD3. All powered by a Pedal Power 2.
    I have a KMD Super Flanger too, but I'm not sure if/where I'll put it in the chain.

  10. #50
    Mojo's Minions treyhaislip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,092

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Attachment 65894

    Here's mine so far: Vox Satchurator, ProCo Solo, ProCo Rat, MXR Analog Chorus, Suhr Shiba Drive, Suhr Riot, Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion, Mad Professor Golden Cello, Ernie Ball VP Jr.

    The powered board is an old Boss, it can't power the two ProCo pedals because of the input/daisy chain for the pedal board won't fit the ProCo pedals. Looking at getting a custom board made that will accommodate all of them and that I can power the Rat and Solo...those are just awesome pedals that need to be used. lol

    I mainly use these in pairs for rhythm and lead: Rat and Solo, Shiba and Riot, Golden Cello and Stone Grey. The Satchurator sounds amazing but doesn't really get used. The Chorus doesn't get used a whole lot either but I love it when it is on.

  11. #51
    of the Forum PFDarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere around... Chicago!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,903

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Supremo View Post
    The treadle is an RMC3, as kindly recommended by several forumites (including you actually, so thanks again ). No clips as of yet, but I might try to set something up once I get the hang of the looper.
    Ah excellent! Looks fun!
    Oh no.....


    Oh Yeah!

  12. #52
    Tone Member GAS-a-holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East of the rock & west of the hard place
    Age
    50
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    For your dining and dancing pleasure:



    Wow! The dirt, the whole dirt and nothing but the dirt!

    If I may ask, what amp are you running through? Or are you just prepared for any backline you might encounter?

    Thanks for sharing!

  13. #53
    One of Jerry's Kids Securb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,773

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    For your dining and dancing pleasure:



    Liam bring your board over my place. I want to see if we knock out the power in the neighborhood if we turn on both our boards at the same time.

  14. #54
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Nostalgic Distortion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    The Great North Woods!!!
    Age
    85
    Posts
    1,783

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    Understood! There are times when my wife's eyes kind of glaze over when I explain the difference between boost, overdrive, distortion, and full-on crunch....
    Mine just walks away???
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

  15. #55
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by GAS-a-holic View Post
    Wow! The dirt, the whole dirt and nothing but the dirt!

    If I may ask, what amp are you running through? Or are you just prepared for any backline you might encounter?

    Thanks for sharing!
    OK, let's start with the Soul Food, just the mildest OD setting you can imagine, to give it a little grit, the Maxon is your typical OD-808, 70's arena rock overdrive, typical midrange "hump", the BOSS Distortion is set to a Van Halen-ish setting, just in case a "screamer" is required. The Digitech Screaming Blues was recommended to me by a friend, Mark Anderson, the guitarist in Boston's own Fat City Band, great OD with bass control. Keeley modded Blues driver for just about everything I play, OCD for drive to crunch, same with the Wampler Plextortion. Certain pedals seem to handle a crunch setting for certain songs better, so I like to leave my options open.
    Oh yeah, the EQ pedal, setting is to emulate the Hollies "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress", one of my ultimate favorite tunes....

    Oh, the amps? Marshall DSL-100, Mesa Boogie F100, Fender Blues Junior Reissue, and a Fender Twin, and a Vox AC30...
    Last edited by Liam1963; 08-17-2015 at 03:35 PM.

  16. #56
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    Liam bring your board over my place. I want to see if we knock out the power in the neighborhood if we turn on both our boards at the same time.
    Wanna take Boston by storm? Yeah, that could be fun!

  17. #57
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
    Mine just walks away???
    ...and that's a bad thing???

  18. #58
    One of Jerry's Kids Securb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,773

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
    Mine just walks away???
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    ...and that's a bad thing???
    Not if she walks back with a beer.

  19. #59
    Super Toneologist SteveAlysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    The latest board. Gonna be like this for a long while. Gonna be too poor to make any changes.

  20. #60
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,026

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    Not if she walks back with a beer.
    AMEN!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •