Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 822

Thread: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

  1. #761
    Ultimate Tone Member OsvyRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    497

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    #2019 UPDATE

    Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
    Follow Me on Twitter!

  2. #762
    HomeGrownToneBrewologist Rich_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Potsdam, NY
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,870

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    I built this one out of spare pedals from the junk drawer.



    I've tried a bunch of different compressors in my main rig and never liked them. They just don't work for me through the baby Marshall clone. On the other hand, I love those '80s clean, compressed, chorused guitar sounds. Think bands like The Fixx, 'Til Tuesday, Suzanne Vega, Simple Minds, Tears For Fears... this board through a clean amp (or two) will do those sounds.

    1. Korg Polytune
    2. MXR Custom Comp
    3. DIY Paisley Rat
    4. Busted Cry Baby shell re-purposed as a volume pedal
    5. Boss DD-3 delay
    6. Boss CE-3 stereo chorus

    This one's mostly for fun at home, but I may switch to it when the ol' cover band does "Better Be Good To Me" at the reunion show next month.
    Last edited by Rich_S; 05-11-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens


    "I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

  3. #763
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Swampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Swamps of Florida
    Posts
    2,073

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97074196-54F8-40D1-8F1A-3CD6C5E1D10F.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	98775

  4. #764
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Van Noord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    METAL PROLIFERATION!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,862

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    This is my home living room practice rig.
    The pedals are in front of a 5w Hotone Nano head with a reverb in the loop. This chain is connected to a single 1x12 cab.



    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••


  5. #765
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Jacew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,307

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Noord View Post
    This is my home living room practice rig.
    The pedals are in front of a 5w Hotone Nano head with a reverb in the loop. This chain is connected to a single 1x12 cab.



    How does the Decimator work for you? I had the same for a while, but never got it to work. When set so it actually reduces any hiss it also cut guitar sound so badly it was unusable.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

  6. #766
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacew View Post
    How does the Decimator work for you? I had the same for a while, but never got it to work. When set so it actually reduces any hiss it also cut guitar sound so badly it was unusable.
    The G-string version can cut noise both from the preamp (run through the loop) and in front. You hook it up with the 4 cable method and it actually works pretty damn good.
    If you set it so you have complete silence it can affect the guitar signal. I have mine set to gate the bulk of the noise. On stage a small amount of noise won’t be audible. Plus you can still turn the guitar volume knob down for dynamics etc.

  7. #767
    Toneologist JMP/HBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    675

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.


  8. #768
    Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Age
    17
    Posts
    9,287

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Added a Mesa throttle box today.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190603_111647973~2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	98837

  9. #769
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    I know most people are keeping their boards flexible and ever changing, but every time you savages post your boards and bags with loose or tangled wires and non- perfectly perpendicular alignment, my ADD wants to get on a plane, come to your house and rebuild it for you with everything strapped and hot glued into a perfect harmonized board of predictability and rockness....

    It's a character flaw, I'm working on it.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  10. #770
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I know most people are keeping their boards flexible and ever changing, but every time you savages post your boards and bags with loose or tangled wires and non- perfectly perpendicular alignment, my ADD wants to get on a plane, come to your house and rebuild it for you with everything strapped and hot glued into a perfect harmonized board of predictability and rockness....

    It's a character flaw, I'm working on it.
    Come on over then...

  11. #771
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Come on over then...
    I will see you in Providence, my friend! I'm playing up there in a few months.

    Also buying tix to David Byrnes Utopia on broadway hopefully on a similar NE trip -that's on the must do list.

    Saw Bryan Cranston redo "Network" last year in NYC -did not disappoint.

    I'll bring my toolkit and will make some artwork out of your board!
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  12. #772
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I will see you in Providence, my friend! I'm playing up there in a few months.

    Also buying tix to David Byrnes Utopia on broadway hopefully on a similar NE trip -that's on the must do list.

    Saw Bryan Cranston redo "Network" last year in NYC -did not disappoint.

    I'll bring my toolkit and will make some artwork out of your board!
    Dude...make SURE you let me know ahead of time. I’m gonna come out and see you.
    Do you know what venue you’ll be at?

  13. #773
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Dude...make SURE you let me know ahead of time. I’m gonna come out and see you.
    Do you know what venue you’ll be at?
    not sure. Playing Philly, NYC and Boston for sure -not sure if Providence or Hartford is the in betweener yet.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  14. #774
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    not sure. Playing Philly, NYC and Boston for sure -not sure if Providence or Hartford is the in betweener yet.
    Let me know when you know. Boston is only 45 min away (with no traffic)

  15. #775
    Mojo's Minions Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    5,580

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I know most people are keeping their boards flexible and ever changing, but every time you savages post your boards and bags with loose or tangled wires and non- perfectly perpendicular alignment, my ADD wants to get on a plane, come to your house and rebuild it for you with everything strapped and hot glued into a perfect harmonized board of predictability and rockness....

    It's a character flaw, I'm working on it.
    Here’s what you’ll be working with


  16. #776
    Super Toneologist DavidRavenMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    Those are Belden 9463, designed for Allen-Bradley's industrial automation networks, RIO and DH+. Out in industry, they just call it "blue hose".
    Back in the 70s all my patch chords were made from blue Belden cable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #777
    Super Toneologist DavidRavenMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer250 View Post
    What do people use nowadays?
    I use a Marshall Code 100 amp, which has a lot of the effects I use, but I still have a Vox wah, Whammy, EHX Microsynth, and a distortion pedal in front of the amp. Each of those is mostly for solos. I have yet to mount them on a board. Lol.

    But I watch rig rundowns and some people have huge pedal boards.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #778
    Mojo's Minions CapoFirstFret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,665

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Update to my board as it seems to keep changing no matter how much I love my sound


    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

  19. #779
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
    Update to my board as it seems to keep changing no matter how much I love my sound

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    This guy is a man after my rock and roll heart

    Organization, Access, cleanliness, reliability.


    Cable knot savages take note.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  20. #780
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Jacew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,307

    Default Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    The G-string version can cut noise both from the preamp (run through the loop) and in front. You hook it up with the 4 cable method and it actually works pretty damn good.
    If you set it so you have complete silence it can affect the guitar signal. I have mine set to gate the bulk of the noise. On stage a small amount of noise won’t be audible. Plus you can still turn the guitar volume knob down for dynamics etc.
    But isn't that the v1 version you just put last in your chain? Not G-string.

    I had the Decimator 2 which is basically same, but also has link for second gate. It cut my notes short quicker than reduced any noise.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •