Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Andromeda V2?

  1. #1
    Senior Member wilkinsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    85
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Andromeda V2?

    This is more of a request directed to Riley, Mincer, or someone at SD who says what goes ahead: Andromeda's dynamics respond to picking attack. How about an Andromeda that A) responds to pitch/note, and/or B) is able to add pitch like the Earthquaker Avalanche does? I ask because it may not be possible to add this to the current Andromeda as a software/firmware update, and I rely on having a USB port (which the Avalanche doesn't have).

    P.S: Where do I get a Seymour Duncan Andromeda sticker to put on my rack mount blanking plates, assuming there is one?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-29-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    I don't have a problem with management, management have a problem with me.

  2. #2
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    18,335
    Likes (Given)
    1377
    Likes (Received)
    6028

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Great suggestion! This is Riley's wheelhouse, as I have about the least power in the world to implement these cool ideas. I am a delay freak, though, and I love to make all kinds of kooky sounds with it. I have only played with the Andromeda a little bit, but I would believe that if it can be updated with new features, it will.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  3. #3
    New Products Specialist Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    133
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    It's really cool that you're thinking about this kinda stuff already, and I'm glad you seem to be digging Andromeda so far. There probably won't be any major features added to Andromeda anytime soon (which is not to say there won't be updates), but we have more digital pedals in the works, so you never know what you might see coming up.

    As for stickers, I don't think we have one for Andromeda specifically. We probably should!

  4. #4
    Senior Member wilkinsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    85
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Been thinking about this a bit more. I think it would be nice to improve the MIDI implementation. At current, you can only get it to bank up (1-32), not down. And you can only do this once with MIDI CC. To switch between two different banks, I have to use MIDI Toggle. There's no preset up or down at the moment either. These commands would be very handy for scrolling through banks/presets in either direction, using an external MIDI pedalboard.

    And a sticker specifically for the SD Andromeda would be nice too. Actually, an Andromeda T-shirt would be really nice!
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-09-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    I don't have a problem with management, management have a problem with me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member wilkinsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    85
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    I would also like the mix, mod, tone and saturation values to appear on the Andromeda's display when I adjust the knobs. Please?
    I don't have a problem with management, management have a problem with me.

  6. #6
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    18,335
    Likes (Given)
    1377
    Likes (Received)
    6028

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    I don't own an Andromeda, and only spent a few minutes with it. If there ever was a V2, I'd love an expression pedal input that lets you morph between 2 sounds or types of delay.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  7. #7
    Senior Member wilkinsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    85
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    How about AU/VST plugin versions of Seymour Duncan pedals?
    I don't have a problem with management, management have a problem with me.

  8. #8
    New Products Specialist Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    133
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Thanks for the feedback! I'm passing along your request re:MIDI to our software engineer to get his thoughts.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    @Riley, any word back yet from the software engineer on the MIDI implementation question here? I agree 100% with @wilkinsi... the Andromeda's firmware is in desperate need of an update that introduces new MIDI commands enabling users to bank up, bank down, and scroll through the presets in a bank. With the way the Andromeda is currently set up, it feels like Seymour Duncan is taunting us by giving us 128 presets but no ability to access them in a live application!
    Last edited by hooligangorilla; 04-24-2018 at 10:18 AM.

  10. #10
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    18,335
    Likes (Given)
    1377
    Likes (Received)
    6028

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Quote Originally Posted by hooligangorilla View Post
    @Riley, any word back yet from the software engineer on the MIDI implementation question here? I agree 100% with @wilkinsi... the Andromeda's firmware is in desperate need of an update that introduces new MIDI commands enabling users to bank up, bank down, and scroll through the presets in a bank. With the way the Andromeda is currently set up, it feels like Seymour Duncan is taunting us by giving us 128 presets but no ability to access them in a live application!
    Welcome to the forum!
    You may try sending him a PM so he knows you posted in this thread. If you hear the answer, let the rest of us know!
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,866
    Likes (Given)
    3595
    Likes (Received)
    1700

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    I really want to hear the answer as well. Iíve been giving his pedal some serious consideration lately, but with the suggestions posted here this particular version may not be what I thought it was.

  12. #12
    New Products Specialist Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    133
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Thanks to the feedback from wilkinsi we did implement new MIDI functions for Andromeda - The update should be available through the Software Updater in the next week or so.

    Sorry it took so long guys, our engineer was wrapped up in getting Silver Lake finished for launch! (And because of the timing of your post the new functionality made it onto Silver Lake too, so thank you!)

  13. #13
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,866
    Likes (Given)
    3595
    Likes (Received)
    1700

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Quote Originally Posted by wilkinsi View Post
    Been thinking about this a bit more. I think it would be nice to improve the MIDI implementation. At current, you can only get it to bank up (1-32), not down. And you can only do this once with MIDI CC. To switch between two different banks, I have to use MIDI Toggle. There's no preset up or down at the moment either. These commands would be very handy for scrolling through banks/presets in either direction, using an external MIDI pedalboard.

    And a sticker specifically for the SD Andromeda would be nice too. Actually, an Andromeda T-shirt would be really nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Thanks to the feedback from wilkinsi we did implement new MIDI functions for Andromeda - The update should be available through the Software Updater in the next week or so.

    Sorry it took so long guys, our engineer was wrapped up in getting Silver Lake finished for launch! (And because of the timing of your post the new functionality made it onto Silver Lake too, so thank you!)
    So kind of a MIDI noob question here:

    Iím about to rebuild my pedalboard and for the first time use a switching system (musicomlab mkIII).
    I was under the impression that with this switcher and the use of midi capable pedals like the andromeda, I should be able to write/save a patch and then assign it to a particular switching function with the musicomlab pedal. That should allow me to recall any andromeda bank/patch at the click of one switch on the musicomlab?
    That should eliminate the need to scroll through banks/patches manually on the andromeda (or any midi capable pedal)....
    Is all that a correct assumption?

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    @Riley thanks for the update and the great news. Delighted that the Andromeda is getting additional MIDI CC messages that will help those of us who like to scroll get at all 128 presets quickly. This might be too much to ask, but it would be extra awesome if you used the same CC#s as Strymon does for this same function on the Timeline... helps compatibility and makes it easier for users to use existing controllers out there on the market. Though I realize that may not even be possible. Either way, I'll keep my eyes posted for the firmware update. Also, much respect to Seymour Duncan for being a company that's really listening to its customers and acting on our requests.

    @Mincer thanks for the welcome!

    @Gtrjunior based on my understanding, I believe your assumption is correct, but I defer to the experts. If you're considering one, I will also say that from my experience the Andromeda is a sick pedal, sounds amazing, user-friendly, and takes up less space on your board than most of the other workstation delays out there. Oh, and it looks kinda badass too.
    Last edited by hooligangorilla; 04-25-2018 at 05:33 PM.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,866
    Likes (Given)
    3595
    Likes (Received)
    1700

    Default Andromeda V2?

    Quote Originally Posted by hooligangorilla View Post
    @Riley thanks for the update and the great news. Delighted that the Andromeda is getting additional MIDI CC messages that will help those of us who like to scroll get at all 128 presets quickly. This might be too much to ask, but it would be extra awesome if you used the same CC#s as Strymon does for this same function on the Timeline... helps compatibility and makes it easier for users to use existing controllers out there on the market. Though I realize that may not even be possible. Either way, I'll keep my eyes posted for the firmware update. Also, much respect to Seymour Duncan for being a company that's really listening to its customers and acting on our requests.

    @Mincer thanks for the welcome!

    @Gtrjunior based on my understanding, I believe your assumption is correct, but I defer to the experts. If you're considering one, I will also say that from my experience the Andromeda is a sick pedal, sounds amazing, user-friendly, and takes up less space on your board than most of the other workstation delays out there. Oh, and it looks kinda badass too.
    Thanks! Itís definitely on my short list. Itís priced very competitively and the demos Iíve heard sound amazing.
    I bought a Mobius so that will take care of all my modulation needs and the Andromeda should handle the delay with ease!
    Since Iím still learning about how midi works, iíd better ask all my questions now!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member wilkinsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    85
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Ah, great news that my pestering paid off. What was added, exactly? Thanks.
    I don't have a problem with management, management have a problem with me.

  17. #17
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,866
    Likes (Given)
    3595
    Likes (Received)
    1700

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    @riley
    @mincer
    Is one of you guys able to shoot me a link to the software/firmware updater for the Andromeda pedal by any chance?
    Iíve glanced through the SD site but didnít see anything. (I havenít spent a ton of time looking if Im being honest. )

  18. #18
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    18,335
    Likes (Given)
    1377
    Likes (Received)
    6028

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    The link I come up with is here, and I think you have to submit your info to download.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  19. #19
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Gtrjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,866
    Likes (Given)
    3595
    Likes (Received)
    1700

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Thank you sir! Iíll take a look tonight after work.

  20. #20
    New Products Specialist Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    133
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Default Re: Andromeda V2?

    Quote Originally Posted by wilkinsi View Post
    Ah, great news that my pestering paid off. What was added, exactly? Thanks.
    Ability to increment presets up/down one at a time, some clean up of the code and general bug fixes. We haven't launched the update quite yet, as we encountered a couple minor issues we wanted to take care of first, but it should still be up some time in the next week or so.

    Appreciate everyone's input here, and if you have any other suggestions or run into any other problems please don't hesitate to bring them to my attention!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •