Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: New fender pedals

  1. #21
    of the Forum PFDarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere around... Chicago!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,825

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    Yeah but what does "‘A’ and ‘B’ overdrive voicings" mean?
    I may have been taken by a podcast with a Fender guy and a guy that talks without understanding.

    The manual says “A” works best with Blackface type amps and “B” works best with Bassbreaker (read Marshall) type amps.
    The Boost side can be configured to either add gain (FD2 style) or level (FD3 style) but I don’t see an additional control for this? All I see is Gain, Volume, B/M/T/Presence. Hmm....
    Oh no.....


    Oh Yeah!

  2. #22
    One of Jerry's Kids Securb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,512

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by PFDarkside View Post

    The manual says “A” works best with Blackface type amps and “B” works best with Bassbreaker (read Marshall) type amps.
    Great message from the Fender marketing department but what does it do? For example, the mode switch on my Dirt Clod switches from the 808 chip to ground-to-diode.

    It would be nice if Fender explained what the switch actually did then let me decide what type of amp I want to use which setting with. Marketing ruins everything.

  3. #23
    PenultimateTone Member Demanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Phoenix area.
    Age
    52
    Posts
    13,459

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    ^^
    Lousy marketing.
    Good marketing would be, as you said, describing what the switch actually does.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    of the Forum PFDarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere around... Chicago!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,825

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    Great message from the Fender marketing department but what does it do? For example, the mode switch on my Dirt Clod switches from the 808 chip to ground-to-diode.

    It would be nice if Fender explained what the switch actually did then let me decide what type of amp I want to use which setting with. Marketing ruins everything.
    I’m guessing it’s an EQ shift like the HP/LP on an OCD.
    Oh no.....


    Oh Yeah!

  5. #25
    Little Pigbacon
    Guest

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    What’s our status on these? How are the Fender pedals doing a year later?

  6. #26
    Little Pigbacon
    Guest

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    I’ve decided that my next pedal is going to be a Fender. Yes, I am putting a finger on my own scale for these products, as is my custom.

  7. #27
    of the Forum PFDarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere around... Chicago!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,825

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    The lineup is 15 deep now. Listening to the aforementioned podcast it sounds like Aguilar helped design the bass Preamp and Bruce Egnater helped with th MTG Tube Distortion.

    There are a lot of cool pedals in the line now, the rotating speaker and Tre-Verb look like nice mod/Reverb entries.
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 04-03-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Oh no.....


    Oh Yeah!

  8. #28
    Super Toneologist Dave Locher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Joplin, MO, smack dab in the middle of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Honestly, it bothers me that they are made in China but still priced like a Fender product. I expect Chinese pedals to be priced lower. Not Joyo low, but certainly lower than these are selling for.

  9. #29
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    I’ve decided that my next pedal is going to be a Fender. Yes, I am putting a finger on my own scale for these products, as is my custom.
    A couple of them are quite good according to a friend, the various verbs and the delay too, she blast riffs to demonstrates the in the Fender booth at the trade shows and events.

    I'm not sure about the boosts -but honestly -a good boost can be made by a 3rd grader with a fisher price soldering iron -so I'm confident it's good.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  10. #30
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Jacew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic View Post
    ^^
    Lousy marketing.
    Good marketing would be, as you said, describing what the switch actually does.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Amen.

    It's same everywhere. You have to really dig in to figure out what exactly that marketing jargon means. Tol many companies think customers are dumb and get scared if you go in specifics.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

  11. #31
    Ultimate Tone Member rainsong86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    A couple of them are quite good according to a friend, the various verbs and the delay too, she blast riffs to demonstrates the in the Fender booth at the trade shows and events.

    I'm not sure about the boosts -but honestly -a good boost can be made by a 3rd grader with a fisher price soldering iron -so I'm confident it's good.
    Are you saying you know the hot fender pedal demo girl?
    https://youtu.be/ZAi224uQUzU
    That video has some fun comments. Anyways I have the Engager boost. I like it because it has a switch to select the 'Q' of the mids to 400hz or 800hz. Also has a switch to select between buffered or true bypass. I get kind of tired with guitarists claiming how mystical their 1 knob boost pedal is... just get one with a 3 or 7-band EQ and make your boost exactly as you like it for the application.

  12. #32
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by rainsong86 View Post
    Are you saying you know the hot fender pedal demo girl?
    https://youtu.be/ZAi224uQUzU
    That video has some fun comments. Anyways I have the Engager boost. I like it because it has a switch to select the 'Q' of the mids to 400hz or 800hz. Also has a switch to select between buffered or true bypass. I get kind of tired with guitarists claiming how mystical their 1 knob boost pedal is... just get one with a 3 or 7-band EQ and make your boost exactly as you like it for the application.
    She rips.. check out her new record.

    https://loudwire.com/baroness-gold-a...derlines-song/

    Also, now that you've objectified her ( I kid I kid) .... buy her record and maybe a Gina Gleeson Fan club tshirt too! She will appreciate that!
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 04-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  13. #33
    Ultimate Tone Member rainsong86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    She rips.. check out her new record.

    https://loudwire.com/baroness-gold-a...derlines-song/

    Also, now that you've objectified her ( I kid I kid) .... buy her record and maybe a Gina Gleeson Fan club tshirt too! She will appreciate that!
    The guy in the youtube comments who said "porn is irrelevant now. I have transcended" was doing all the objectifying. I remembered the video because it was such a horrible demo, for the sake of a demo. Then when I rewatched it I realized she replaced the Baroness guitarist and "purple" is one of only a dozen albums in my phone right now.

  14. #34
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: New fender pedals

    Quote Originally Posted by rainsong86 View Post
    The guy in the youtube comments who said "porn is irrelevant now. I have transcended" was doing all the objectifying. I remembered the video because it was such a horrible demo, for the sake of a demo. Then when I rewatched it I realized she replaced the Baroness guitarist and "purple" is one of only a dozen albums in my phone right now.
    I was making jokes about objectifying. Purples pretty good record for sure.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •