• yay

2 50.00%
  • nay

2 50.00%

Thread: B.C. Platinum ST??????

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default B.C. Platinum ST??????

I saw this b.c. rich platinum ST for 135 euro's but couldn't find much info. Yay or nay??

I know it's very ugly pink, but i'm planning on refinishing it when i buy it.

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  4.5 KB

all screws and the trem arm are still there. Do you guys know what trem it is?
    Last edited by I NEED HELP123; 03-11-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: B.C. Platinum ST??????

If you buy it, don't refinish it. There are enough guitars in dull colours out there already.
    Last edited by Sirion; 03-11-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trem and nut on those are known to eat strings, If you buy it get the burs out of them before you string it up. The bridge is basically a 2 point strat trem with fine tuners trying to be a floyd, no you can't drop a floyd into it because the spacing for the bridge posts are different.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thx for the reply, do you know the exact string spacing?? Maybe a gotoh will fit on there. It has one flat knife edge.
    If a gotoh won't fit i can plug and redrill the holes for a floyd, because i'm refinishing it anyway. the only question is:is is it a good guitar??

Have you ever owned one??
    Last edited by I NEED HELP123; 03-11-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirion View Post
    If you buy it, don't refinish it. There are enough guitars in dull colours out there already.
    No worries, I will refinish it in a proper 80's finish

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just read that kahler spyders are a direct replacement for the b.c. rich trem. How are those trems??

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by I NEED HELP123 View Post
    just read that kahler spyders are a direct replacement for the b.c. rich trem. How are those trems??
    I've never had one, but Kahler has a good rep and anything should be better than the stock bridge on there. I voted 'nay' because you'll spending more than that guitar is worth to turn it into anything you'd want to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your biggest issue will be the plywood body. I think youd be better suited to start out with a better guitar to mod rather than throw alot of money at this. The Kahler units can be pricey... and then youll need to have a locking nut installed...
    The Kahler Spyder is a good unit for sure but they have a smaller diameter post bushing which may require you to plug and redrill, unless that trem shares the same tiny brass bushings then youre set.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan > into some rack stuff.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch79 View Post
    Your biggest issue will be the plywood body. I think youd be better suited to start out with a better guitar to mod rather than throw alot of money at this. The Kahler units can be pricey... and then youll need to have a locking nut installed...
    The Kahler Spyder is a good unit for sure but they have a smaller diameter post bushing which may require you to plug and redrill, unless that trem shares the same tiny brass bushings then youre set.
    I don't think the body is plywood. The guitar is advertised on reverb, but the seller is located not too far from me. I can just go and take a look, see if there is something wrong with it or see if it has a plywood body. If it has either of those things i will pass.

I think i'm going to buy a gotoh floyd rose and just plug and redrill the holes.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't advise the purchase of a guitar based on a (low res) picture so if the seller is close, definitely arrange a play test.

Now this is a fairly inexpensive one and the "risk" of recouping at least most of what you paid for it is minimal so I'd say if it rocks your boat then go for it, just don't go crazy with the mods.

I have modded two guitars to the extreme, basically only kept the wood and exactly nothing else, and the one thing I can tell you is, make well sure you already like what you're going to keep before you start changing things around...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay View Post
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by That90'sGuy View Post
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It looks sweet. keep the pink
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOS View Post

I have modded two guitars to the extreme, basically only kept the wood and exactly nothing else, and the one thing I can tell you is, make well sure you already like what you're going to keep before you start changing things around...
    I know that feeling.....