Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What next for Boss Waza series?

Mojo's Minions

Default Re: What next for Boss Waza series?

Quote Originally Posted by dave74 View Post
    You sir are an inspiration to gear-gluttons everywhere!

Hope you do get your energy back soon. Would love to hear your take sometime on the digital compressor.
    I'm still so thrilled with the ph-3's 10-stage mode for epic leads, and the step-mode for the trippy clean stuff.
    My 10-stage settings for high-gain leads are roughly;
    rate- 11:00
    depth- 1:00
    res- 3:00
    Thanks for the kind words. Gear glutton...oh yeah! Lol!

Thanks for the settings for the PH-3. I only used it a couple of times, and tried to copy my Ph-1r. Like I said...lots of experimenting ahead.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

So what do you guys think should be done with the custom mode if they would do the Waza PH-1r?

A thought I just had was to make it a slight mid-boost(like just a few db) post phaser. (definitely after the phasing)
    This would be cool to use as a lead-booster+phaser in a single stomp.
    My Maxon pt9pro+ does that boost naturally (needs a bit more though for a true solo boost),,,,,,, but it doesn't not do it either (no off switch).

Also switchable bypass-type would suite me on all the wazas.
    That's a great addition to the tuner.

Buffers are good but you don't need a dozen at once. (but sometimes you do need a dozen pedals at once?)
    I say yes.
    Last edited by dave74; 11-10-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Mojo's Minions

Tap tempo.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

The BOSS Waza Fake EP-3 Preamp.

Cuz every stomp manufacturer needs a fake EP-3 preamp offering...

Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Veteran of a thousand psychic wars

Our research indicates moar toanz iz needed.

Guitaramped.com

I poop my pants and wear KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!

I think the HM-2 could really be upgraded to be pretty awesome pretty easily...

Fix the level, put better eq knobs in it, and done! Add a gain juice switch for classic or MTZone and it would be an epic win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Three pages and nobody has mentioned the almighty TR2 Tremolo!?

You've let me down, people. That pedal does deserve the Waza treatment for sure. Could have a bit of a vibrato as an extra, a bit of a Univibe flavor.
    Some parameters like rate, modulation depth or some sort of filtering could/should be controlled with an expression pedal. Yum.

Hell, they might as well add some Reverb functionality so you can really add ambience and drama in one box. Sort of their take on a Strymon Flint.
    Last edited by Diego; 11-11-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Fender Telecaster / SD Hot for Tele set.
    Ibanez SZ320 Black / A2P neck + Custom bridge
    G&L Superhawk Tribute

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - V30+K100 / 1x12 - Eminence Wizard
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

A friend of mine is a Boss dealer, and I was talking to him about this the other day. He claimed to have spoken to Boss's head rep for the entire US and been told that they won't do a Waza version of anything unless they can come up with an alternate function for the standard / custom switch. We both thought the HM-2 would be a great candidate with the custom setting being an alternate tone stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

For an HM-2w I'd like custom to be a small but broad mid-boost right at the input to thicken and add a bit of gain without a big volume jump,,,,,,,,,,, and a remote jack to toggle between standard and pushed with an fs5.

More HM-2w thoughts:

When you toggle with the DS-2(also can remote) it about has to be a solo-boost because the difference in tone and perceived volume are not subtle.

The JB-2 has that awesome two pedals in one thing going, and they are completely independent, but that concept would be too much of a departure from the original HM-2, not to mention the stacked knobs would really alter the look, and it seems they've wanted to stay true to the basic layout of the originals.

I think they could do a mids/gain booster at the input and have two very compatible tones/volumes with a footswitch (or hand),,,,,,and keep the price around $150.

The starting point for the standard mode should be just a tiny bit wider and punchier than the original, but not much because the pushed/custom-mode would be there anytime with a foot tap.

Standard mode would likely be slightly wider and clearer anyways just from using the premium buffers and better components, or at least brand new components.
    Last edited by dave74; 11-12-2018 at 02:56 AM.

We are getting close to the technology that might allow a pedal allow an electric to sound like a plugged in acoustic. The Acoustic Simulator pedal was pretty bad, but a new one that allows downloadable IRs or some new technology would be great. If it could simulate dobros, 12 strings, etc, it would even be better.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.