Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What next for Boss Waza series?

Ultimate Tone Slacker James Rock's Avatar

Default Re: What next for Boss Waza series?

Seeming the trend is to get popular pedals that are discontinued or are usually modded it would be interesting if they didn't do that but seeming they probably will I'd say a DS-1, maybe a HM-2, maybe a BF-2 (one of my favourite flangers so that would be awesome), FZ-2 would kill the value of mine (not that I'd sell it anyway), a PH-2 or PH-1r would be really cool, maybe a DD-3.
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

I think a digital delay has to happen. The question is what could they add to a dd2 or dd3 that is not on a dd7 and feels unique enough.

Perhaps the SP-1 Spectrum?

Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

They just did a re-release of the Spectrum in the outrageously priced anniversary box set.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/box-40/

Quote Originally Posted by Blille View Post
    I think a digital delay has to happen. The question is what could they add to a dd2 or dd3 that is not on a dd7 and feels unique enough.
    Maybe the Analogman high cut mod? The reason I love the DD-2 & MIJ DD-3 is because they're not brittle bright like the new DD-3, DD-5 and similar recent Boss digital delays. I A/B'd my DD-2 against a DM-2W the other day and walked away liking the DD-2 more. The DM-2W was really smooth, but it was a bit too smeared for my taste. The lo-fi converters in the DD-2 shave off just enough high to tame the ice pick while still retaining clarity and the percussive feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    Maybe the Analogman high cut mod? The reason I love the DD-2 & MIJ DD-3 is because they're not brittle bright like the new DD-3, DD-5 and similar recent Boss digital delays. I A/B'd my DD-2 against a DM-2W the other day and walked away liking the DD-2 more. The DM-2W was really smooth, but it was a bit too smeared for my taste. The lo-fi converters in the DD-2 shave off just enough high to tame the ice pick while still retaining clarity and the percussive feel.
    That’s a good idea. It’s a simple mod but it does make a difference.

Unseen Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar

Ah HF-2.....
    “Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.”

I'd like to see an OD1 or OD3, and PH1.

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I'd like to see an OD1 or OD3, and PH1.
    OD-1 and PH-1 in the same $900 box! https://www.boss.info/us/products/box-40/

Quote Originally Posted by devastone View Post
    What a great deal.

I may get them modded by Analog Man with the extra money.

H
    M
    -****ing-

Mojo's Minions

Here's what I wanna see for the next Waza Wave:

SD-2, PH-1, and an AC-2 (acoustic simulator). The SD-2 is pretty cool as an idea, but having played one it could be better on the OD channel, the PH-1 not because I want one (script Phase 90s are the best phaser in da whole world) but because you know it has to be pretty close to the top of the list, and the AC-2 just because it could be a great second chance for Boss to actually make a decent acoustic simulator. The AC-2 was garbage, but given how much they charge for the new Waza pedals, they could afford the R&D costs to make this a good pedal.

I see a lot of people saying HM-2, but given that people only use it with all the controls dimed, I feel any improvement is going to be seen as a difference more than anything. The only difference with the new ones is that they will cost more at the advantage of not having to search for a decent used one.
    Hey hey, my my
    Rock and roll can never die
    There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye
    Hey hey, my my

Those are reissues, but not necessarily Waza versions.

Yes, understood, they are supposed to be faithful recreations, but I'll never know at that price.

Yes, understood, they are supposed to be faithful recreations, but I'll never know at that price.
    Me neither, but I'm a bit of a control freak with phasers anyway, so my preference would be a waza ph-1r. That resonance knob really improves it IMO.
    Last edited by dave74; 11-06-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chistopher View Post
    I see a lot of people saying HM-2, but given that people only use it with all the controls dimed, I feel any improvement is going to be seen as a difference more than anything. The only difference with the new ones is that they will cost more at the advantage of not having to search for a decent used one.
    I'm not so sure that all or most people use it dimed, if they do then that's their own fault lol. HM-2 also makes a great booster and/or gain-stacker with more reasonable settings.
    Regardless of all that, I'd have to agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm not really seeing it as a Waza any time soon now that they've done the Zone.
    Last edited by dave74; 11-06-2018 at 05:19 AM.

We used to do just that with HM-2s back in the 80s. The Digital Metalizer was a nice sounding distortion too, even if you didn't use the built in chorus or delay.

I really thought the ce2w is an excellent pedal.
    The dm2w is just perfect. Really worth the bucks.
    Bd2w is definitely an improvement in every aspect.
    As is the sd1w.
    Ive not tried the vibrato or the metal zone.

Id love to see a new version of the ph1r phaser. Best phaser boss ever did. I would happily buy one sight unseen.
    Id also love to see them make a new analog compressor that can hang with the keeley.

Plus...a clean boost ala the xotic rc would be pretty rad but boss never really made anything like that in the past.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Mojo's Minions

I bought a bunch of pedals, right before I got sick with the lymphoma. The Waza TU-3w tuner and DM-2W analog delay, a Boss X compressor, the Black anniversary DS-1 and an Mxr Phase 95 and a Carbon Copy Bright. And I was already sitting on some BBE pedals I won, a Soul Food, and a Digitech Hardwire Chorus (to replace a Boss CE-3 that replaced a DOD FX chorus). And I bought a used Boss PH-3 cause my PH-1r had been acting up.

So this year, I haven't really done anything related to the electric guitar...I'm lucky if I can find the energy to play one of my acoustics on the sofa for a few minutes. But I am done with chemo and radiation therapy, and hopefully I can get rolling again by the end of the year. Lots of testing and experimenting ahead.

I'm interested in the Dimension Chorus, but a Waza PH-1r would be a definite buy for me.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I bought a bunch of pedals, right before I got sick with the lymphoma. The Waza TU-3w tuner and DM-2W analog delay, a Boss X compressor, the Black anniversary DS-1 and an Mxr Phase 95 and a Carbon Copy Bright. And I was already sitting on some BBE pedals I won, a Soul Food, and a Digitech Hardwire Chorus (to replace a Boss CE-3 that replaced a DOD FX chorus). And I bought a used Boss PH-3 cause my PH-1r had been acting up.

So this year, I haven't really done anything related to the electric guitar...I'm lucky if I can find the energy to play one of my acoustics on the sofa for a few minutes. But I am done with chemo and radiation therapy, and hopefully I can get rolling again by the end of the year. Lots of testing and experimenting ahead.

I'm interested in the Dimension Chorus, but a Waza PH-1r would be a definite buy for me.

Bill
    You sir are an inspiration to gear-gluttons everywhere!

Hope you do get your energy back soon. Would love to hear your take sometime on the digital compressor.
    I'm still so thrilled with the ph-3's 10-stage mode for epic leads, and the step-mode for the trippy clean stuff.
    My 10-stage settings for high-gain leads are roughly;
    rate- 11:00
    depth- 1:00
    res- 3:00