Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Any Reverend owners?

  1. #21
    Tone Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Quote Originally Posted by zionstrat View Post
    Which ones? I love the old and new doubles agents. Would very much like to try their 3 pup designs

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I tried the Airsonic W and Hardtail and the Russo exclusive model. Very nice instruments.

  2. #22
    Ultimate Tone Slacker zionstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    RDU
    Posts
    1,889

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Wow, AIRSONIC is a beauty... Looks like a fender neck on a crazy ric body.

    Does it sound like a hollowbody?

    Why is the center of the back raised? Is it a center bloc?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

  3. #23
    Tone Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Quote Originally Posted by zionstrat View Post
    Wow, AIRSONIC is a beauty... Looks like a fender neck on a crazy ric body.

    Does it sound like a hollowbody?

    Why is the center of the back raised? Is it a center bloc?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    What's super cool is that it is indeed a center block, but it isn't a traditional hollow body. The wings are solid, but less wood than the center block, and those cool f-holes goes through the whole "wing". Very resonant and no feedback with high gain. To me, it does sound like a hollow body with a center block, but I've never owned one, so my ears may deceive me.

  4. #24
    Toneologist
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Where my wife says I can play guitar
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Quote Originally Posted by VinceT View Post
    You won’t be disappointed - my main one is the Double Agent (HB/P90 combo, bolt on neck) - I really love playing it. The Bayonet is an amazing rock guitar, but it overlaps with other guitars I have so was spending more time in its case than being played - and, boy oh boy, it’s made to be played - the Railhammer Nuevo-90s I put in are just about perfect.

    All that said, I’m in no rush to move it on, so if you’re interested after you’ve played some, let me know.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Reverends have their own thing going on. The owner strikes me as a mad scientist LOL. You think the Railhammers sound good? I have the P90 and was thinking in the neck? With a hotter bucker in the bridge? I have the Huevos which I think is the hotter p90?

  5. #25
    Tone Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben1962 View Post
    The owner strikes me as a mad scientist LOL.
    Jim Naylor is definitely that!!! He doesn't own the company anymore, though. Ken Haas now does but retained Mr. Naylor as the guitar builder and technical specialist. Mr. Naylor had no interest in the business aspect of the industry anymore so he gave up ownership.

  6. #26
    Super Toneologist VinceT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,189

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben1962 View Post
    The Reverends have their own thing going on. The owner strikes me as a mad scientist LOL. You think the Railhammers sound good? I have the P90 and was thinking in the neck? With a hotter bucker in the bridge? I have the Huevos which I think is the hotter p90?
    Yup, the Huevos is the RH P90 equiv. They do just what the description says - tight bass strings, fat high strings - P90 tones without any hum. Very, very good - that’s why I stuck with RH for the Bayonet - just a lower gain set.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Toneologist
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Where my wife says I can play guitar
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: Any Reverend owners?

    Quote Originally Posted by VinceT View Post
    Yup, the Huevos is the RH P90 equiv. They do just what the description says - tight bass strings, fat high strings - P90 tones without any hum. Very, very good - that’s why I stuck with RH for the Bayonet - just a lower gain set.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Vince

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •