Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I Can Haz Viv Tone?

Default I Can Haz Viv Tone?

Yes, yes I can. Well, 95% anyways.

Thanks to dpaterson and his backing track... faux Viv solo included (pardon the rust):

LOL - Soundcloud won't let me post it. Must be too close for copyrights...

Try here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DBQ...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by LLL; 12-30-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Stop talkin' and start chalkin'

Guitaramped.com

Default Re: I Can Haz Viv Tone?

Name:  SC.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  98.8 KB

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

Hello (again).

As noted on MY thread: it's fantastic. And thank you. You certainly do have the STUDIO tone nailed!!! As I said before: you're THE MAN. And thanks again.

For anybody interested here's how it's done (by LLL):

https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/...=1#post4281038

A lot of LLL's time and effort went into the above I'll have ya know!!!

Too funny about SoundCloud!!! You MUST be good!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

It's a little "crusty" around the edges and I mixed it too "loud" but close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

This was a real amp setup, but slaved/lined out to speaker iRs (Celestion G12-65s).

Marshall plexi with an MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion (which is basically a modified BOSS DS-1 Distortion) in front.

I just got this stomp so I haven't had time to really dial it in. Gotta find the sweet spot between the amp and stomp. The plexi circuit ('68 with v2 bypass; my own creation) is thicker than the typical JCM800 master volume circuit. The "crustiness" comes from pushing things just a bit too much and perhaps too much "thick" tone.

Speaking of Soundcloud, you just know they have some sort of waveform comparer...

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

Uh HUH. I thought it sounded a TAD different (but didn't wanna say anything). Still good though (and still as near as darn to the studio tone on the album).

You up for a challenge (now that we're back in business!!! LOL!!!)???

Here ya go (below). It's a backing track for "Stand Up And Shout" and, as far as I know, it's made from the album's studio multi track.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Li...4LULAjlgNKdAx9

My "anthem" (I love this song). Let's see what ya do with the solo too (get it right and I'll PAY you for lessons!!! LOL!!!).

Here's where I've gotten most of my Dio stuff from: https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/Dio.htm. There's even two backing tracks that I created from MIDI on there (with my "signature crowd" of course). I've got a few that were sent to me privately too if you're interested (also supposedly from multi track recordings).

And yeh: this SoundCLoud is going overboard. I've already had it out with them (to no avail of course) i.e. the only stuff I've ever uploaded has been mere snippets of stuff for my other thread and for the most part they're removed almost immediately. Told them it's for demo. and educational purposes only but they're not interested.

By the way.

Just listening to YOUR track again. It's flipping amazing lemme tell ya. And in all fairness to you: that isn't a particularly good backing track anyway i.e. that was most certainly created by EQ'ing out the guitar track and hence it's not exactly a pristine track. Also and in my version on my thread: I increased its stereo field slightly (with Melda's MStereoGenerator using harmonics with pitch-detector) and added a short, stereo, plate reverb (both necessary to take the one-sided harshness out of the track).

(Of course: and as everybody else has noted on my thread your playing makes ALL the difference too!!! LOL!!! Your solo is DARN good!!!) (this site keeps censoring another word I want to use).

(Next on the list is Whitesnake and Motorhead!!! LOL!!!) (although these two are nowhere NEAR as "specific" or "unique" as Vivian's Dio tone and much easier to replicate i.e. Whitesnake I got right I reckon and Motorhead, well, is Motorhead i.e. get roughly in the ballpark and turn it up!!! Nuff said!!! LOL!!!).

(So much for my not "polluting" your thread!!! LOL!!! Sorry!!!).
    Last edited by dpaterson; 12-31-2018 at 01:48 AM.

To me, this is in the very spirit of fair use. Someone needs to raise a bunch of money to fight the record campanies in court and make them **** **** **** ****.
    Pigs in space. Pigs in space. Preparing to launch all pigs into space.