Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ampertweaker tight metal pro

Default Ampertweaker tight metal pro

Is anyone using this? Im really thinking about getting one to use as a preamp through a powered cabinet . I haven't been able to play one in person, but they sound great on the youtube demos and I know James Brown is a master of getting a great tone.

Default Re: Ampertweaker tight metal pro

I don't have the pro version but I do own the TM jr. Mine has plenty of gain and lots of volume. They also have big low end bass.

Ultimate Tone Member rainsong86's Avatar

I have the tight metal ST (side trak). The ST is a loop that engages whenever the pedal is off. It's great for putting certain effects in a loop you'll only use with cleans or lighter drive sounds. Another feature for your 'preamp' setup is the second loop that only engages when the pedal is on, assignable before or after. I have a graphic EQ in that loop so that I can eq it to a rectifier sound. I also have the volume level a bit down on the eq pedal so that I can turn it off for a solo boost. This would also be great to keep your levels even as the pedal will be much louder than your clean/light dirt tones, especially with 12v or 18v.

Thanks for your replies , I have been researching this for awhile and this really seems like what I want for my playing style and tone. It's just for practice in my home and from what I have seen I'll probably need to get a cabinet simulator pedal to use with it also. What do you guys think? Will I need a cab simulator to get a decent sound ?

If by "powered cab" you mean a full range PA or monitor type speaker, yes, definitely.

Little Pigbacon

Amptwerker?