Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Tremolo/Vibrato

  1. #21
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by rainsong86 View Post
    I got the walrus audio monument for a harmonic trem because that Flint was out of my pedalboards power range, and my price range. Though it is very nice that it has reverb too. Does it have any features that aren't obvious from looking at it?
    Walrus is good stuff

    The FLint does have a host of secondary functions not obvious on by looking at the pedal

    I'm pasting them in because it's probably easier

    Here's what you see:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.42.59.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	95365

    Here's the secondary functions you don't which are really where you tailor your personality:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.43.09.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	95366

    Backplane functions

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.43.26.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	95367

    Accessing presets from button settings:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.43.38.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	95364

    Sample settings

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-16 21.44.25.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	95368
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 01-17-2019 at 04:13 AM.

  2. #22
    Ultimate Tone Member rainsong86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    It's really cool that you can select any knob to be controlled by an expression pedal. I was also assumed that those old fender amp designs had the tremelo going into the reverb and not vice versa. I've noticed most people putting tremolo before reverb on their pedalboards

  3. #23
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by rainsong86 View Post
    It's really cool that you can select any knob to be controlled by an expression pedal. I was also assumed that those old fender amp designs had the tremelo going into the reverb and not vice versa. I've noticed most people putting tremolo before reverb on their pedalboards
    I run tremelo into reverb -reverb into tremelo is pretty dramatic.

  4. #24
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,498

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I run tremelo into reverb -reverb into tremelo is pretty dramatic.
    I have my board set reverb -> tremolo because that's how vintage Fender amps were done. I'm guessing they put the reverb circuit first so that the tremolo wouldn't mess with the reverb mix. No idea if that's actually why, but IMO it sounds good and makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  5. #25
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    I have my board set reverb -> tremolo because that's how vintage Fender amps were done. I'm guessing they put the reverb circuit first so that the tremolo wouldn't mess with the reverb mix. No idea if that's actually why, but IMO it sounds good and makes sense.
    Definitely sounds great either way..... just subtle with reverb last and more present with tremolo last.

  6. #26
    I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,385

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Based on the original post - ignore these Boring Boss responses, and stick it to the Strymon fanboy's.

    You NEED this:



    However - Dr. Tremolo is in. What exactly are your needs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  7. #27
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Based on the original post - ignore these Boring Boss responses, and stick it to the Strymon fanboy's.

    You NEED this:



    However - Dr. Tremolo is in. What exactly are your needs?
    That looks nice...and simple - perfect for Stage use. These people who play live shows and use pedals like Chase Bliss are psychopaths IMO.

  8. #28
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Jist out of curiosity, which of these does the single historically significant clearly recognizable use of heavy FX Tremolo by...well, anyone, ever?


    Namely:
    The Smiths - How Soon is Now
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

  9. #29
    I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,385

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    Jist out of curiosity, which of these does the single historically significant clearly recognizable use of heavy FX Tremolo by...well, anyone, ever?


    Namely:
    The Smiths - How Soon is Now
    R.E.M.

    Crush with Eyeliner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  10. #30
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    2,795

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    Jist out of curiosity, which of these does the single historically significant clearly recognizable use of heavy FX Tremolo by...well, anyone, ever?


    Namely:
    The Smiths - How Soon is Now
    You shut your mouth, how can you say, these guys are going about Tremelo the wrong way?

  11. #31
    Member MB_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    Based on the original post - ignore these Boring Boss responses, and stick it to the Strymon fanboy's.

    You NEED this:



    However - Dr. Tremolo is in. What exactly are your needs?
    This is a great pedal. I used to own one but sold it to my band mate about a year ago. I'm jealous every time I hear it now

    Maybe it sounds better in his hands/under his feet than mine.


    Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,498

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    That looks nice...and simple - perfect for Stage use. These people who play live shows and use pedals like Chase Bliss are psychopaths IMO.
    No one buys Chase Bliss pedals to make "normal" sounds, so in a way the psychopath label fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  13. #33
    Mojo's Minions Lewguitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    69
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    I bought a Diaz Tremodillo. Fabulous for Americana, rootsy rhythms and what not. Has a bit of compression when you turn it on. I love it!
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

  14. #34
    I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,385

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    I bought a Diaz Tremodillo. Fabulous for Americana, rootsy rhythms and what not. Has a bit of compression when you turn it on. I love it!
    I own one too. Hands down my favorite of them all. But not what the OP needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  15. #35
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,498

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    I bought a Diaz Tremodillo. Fabulous for Americana, rootsy rhythms and what not. Has a bit of compression when you turn it on. I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    I own one too. Hands down my favorite of them all. But not what the OP needs.
    Tried the Diaz, but preferred the Demeter. To each their own I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  16. #36
    I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,385

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    My power Tremolo group includes:

    the Diaz Tremodillo, The Demeter tremulator, The Fulltone Supa Trem and the Nobels Tremolo. Of course, more recent offerings by Red Witch and Empress are awesome too.

    The OP needs the Marshall though. He'll love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  17. #37
    Mojo's Minions beaubrummels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The dude abides
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,602

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    Jist out of curiosity, which of these does the single historically significant clearly recognizable use of heavy FX Tremolo by...well, anyone, ever?


    Namely:
    The Smiths - How Soon is Now
    That was done with a noise gate with a trigger mask into a delay, not a tremolo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

  18. #38
    I poop in my KISS diapers Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    52
    Posts
    34,385

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    my selection was done with a Tremolo, in fact, a Diaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  19. #39
    Junior Member Bucko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Tremolo/Vibrato

    The VooDoo labs Tremolo is nice and has the functions you listed, and an output volume.
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  12.1 KB
    Gretsch, Vox, Fender, Gibson, Kramer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •