Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)...

Default When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)...

Last edited by dpaterson; 02-02-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens)...

THAT is a VOICE!!! Watch what she does with the mic. Must have been a FOH tech's. nightmare. That is POWER man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dpaterson View Post
    THAT is a VOICE!!! Watch what she does with the mic. Must have been a FOH tech's. nightmare. That is POWER man!!!
    More like a sound tecs DREAM!! She knows her voice and what power it has saves the sound guy a lot of grief by moving that mic. Girl is a real pro and has serious pipes!!!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin ST 300, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Fender Modern Player Tele, Washburn USA MG 104, MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120, Taylor 115
    Amps Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo, Jet City JCA22H Custom head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    More like a sound tecs DREAM!! She knows her voice and what power it has saves the sound guy a lot of grief by moving that mic.
    Never thought about it that way (what I know about vocals is dangerous unfortunately).

I never knew she existed until I was scouring the Internet for a backing track for the song some time ago and she popped up on YouTube. Blows my mind every time I watch it. Absolutely effortless. Cannot say her usual stuff does it for me unfortunately. Not because it’s not good. Just not my genre.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)

nice, but nothing beats the one and only LEONE!

Super Toneologist

Default Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)

She's still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    She's still got it.
    To whom are you referring???

Ultimate Tone Slacker ICTGoober's Avatar

MAN. That kicked ass.

That was great, and yes, she knows exactly what she is doing with the mic.

She's a country artist so if don't follow country music you probably haven't heard of her.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

To whom are you referring???
    Leather Leone.

I’m not sure who is referring to who here. I make the assumption the compliments are going to Gretchen and not that other abrasive noise??? LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devastone View Post
    That was great, and yes, she knows exactly what she is doing with the mic.

She's a country artist so if don't follow country music you probably haven't heard of her.
    You I know to whom you’re referring of course.

Yeh. I went to go look see at some of her other stuff again earlier today. Sorry that I did. There’s a very recent video of her being interviewed after some or the other arrest. At first I thought they were interviewing another Gretchen Wilson. Alas not. Don’t even wanna post the link here. Man has she “changed”. Even since 2016 let alone since the video I posted.

Country I have some!!! LOL!!! Limited I will admit to the soundtrack of a movie called “Convoy”!!! LOL!!! Good stuff on there. “Okie From Muskogee” one of my favs.!!! LOL!!!
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-03-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

not that other abrasive noise??? LOL!!!
    man, I thought you were into floyds and 80s and that we were friends hehe just kidding man, great voice has this young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    man, I thought you were into floyds and 80s and that we were friends
    I am. And we are!!! LOL!!!

Yeh. Good 'ol Leather Leone there didn't do it for me!!! LOL!!! Sorry. If it had been a different song, one that I'd not heard before and therefore gotten used to over the DECADES, then maybe.

Seems like "Barracuda" has had a bad effect on some (maybe I should remove it from my proposed set list just in case). Seen Ann Wilson lately??? (I know: I'm unfair, sexist, and uncouth) (unashamedly though).

Then again: these two are not alone. Seen Ms. Amy Lee lately??? LOL!!! (Made worse in her case by the constant re-releasing and re-hashing of the same 'ol same 'ol songs and supposed "new" albums when your were SOOO good) (and what a waste).

Oh and while I'm being nasty: seen Tarja Turunen lately??? Alright. At least she still looks good. But man: the way she moves on stage now makes me want to absolutely cringe.
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-04-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

ehhmmm did you see my age on member info .... cough cough .....

ehhmmm did you see my age on member info .... cough cough ..... LOL!!!

Ultimate Tone Slacker

ooooppssss respect!

Ben1962

I saw Anne many times. Always crying about how tough it is to be a woman yada, Like its somebody elses fault she looks like a bus now. Nancy is still smokin hot

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1962 View Post
    Nancy is still smokin hot
    Probably tough for her too because of people like me. Some of the great rock and metal vocalists are woman......... (I donít think I could be more subtle if I spent the next year trying!!! LOL!!!).

Ben1962

Probably tough for her too because of people like me. Some of the great rock and metal vocalists are woman......... (I donít think I could be more subtle if I spent the next year trying!!! LOL!!!).
    Nancy sang one hit here. I just tired of hearing multimillionaires crying. People in the entertainment business should care about their appearance. I had all Hearts stuff way back when, killer stuff. Their band without the ladies were awesome players

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Oh man. You and me gonna make ourselves real unpopular if this goes further!!! LOL!!!