Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)...

Ben1962

Default Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)

Quote Originally Posted by dpaterson View Post
    Oh man. You and me gonna make ourselves real unpopular if this goes further!!! LOL!!!
    I loved heart, and probably not popular here anyway. Oh well, I speak my mind

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Default Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)

Just for the record Heart was/is an amazing band.
    I won tickets to see them a few years ago. They haven’t lost a step.

Ben1962

They seem to be really at each others throats now

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s too bad.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

To whom are you referring???
    Ha - I didn't watch the video -only listened to it

I thought it was Ann Wilson singing.

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

She's got pipes, but women in rock ('n roll)? ...I like Sas Jordan

Women in Metal?

Gotta second Leather Leone! She has'nt lost a thing. Power from Hell.. \m/
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Bandcamp

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

And then there's Ann Boleyn

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Bandcamp

Oh man. And I thought Gretchen was ageing badly!!! LOL!!!

Please tell me that there is something to Veganism...

I think the point I was trying to make is that Gretchen was absolutely effortless in her delivery. I work up more of a sweat taking a guitar out if it’s case!!! LOL!!!

But here’s the thing (in reference to my “subtle” post which, I fear, was a bit too subtle and therefore confusing the issue):

I think Heart is/was great too. Used to have all the albums on LP at some point in my “musical career” (sad now that I gave boxes of vinyl away when I moved last year I can tell you). What I just cannot get my head around, no matter how hard I have tried, are female guitarists, bass players, and drummers. And that includes Ms. Strauss and the latest Evanescence addition. This of course in rock and metal. Other genres no problem e.g. that chicky-boo that played lead for Michael Jackson was “fine” in all respects. Now I’m by no means saying that they are not as good as any male guitarist, bass player, or drummer. It’s just me. Sorry for that in advance!!! LOL!!!

P.S.

A possible exception, but only by a hair, is one of the chicky-boos from “Crucified Barbara”. Then again she is also the lead vocalist and, well, (not saying another word) (but wouldn’t pick a fight with her in a bar I’ll tell ya that)...

They do have a fantastic sound though... as long as I don’t watch...

P.P.S.

OK. I do watch this particular DVD often (Monsters Of Rock 2015). And it’s fantastic. But man: their drummer just looks “wrong”!!! LOL!!! I’m sorry. I really really am!!! LOL!!! But I Just cannot get into it!!! LOL!!!
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-05-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Now assuming I’m still welcome here...

May I introduce you to one of my favorite “brats”...

Michelle.

Effortless in delivery, classy, the whole package, but who also had a little spat with a glorious band and left (remind you of anyone???)...

P.S.

She may not be as powerful as “the other one” but at least she’s not bouncing around like the Duracell Bunny on Vodka!!! LOL!!!
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-05-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Great Kat? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    Great Kat? anyone?
    Great player but the music was “difficult” to listen to for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    Great Kat? anyone?
    You trying to be funny and ruin my already crappy day??? LOL!!!

Yes: I just looked her up!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Great player but the music was “difficult” to listen to for any length of time.
    No kidding!!! And I thought Malmsteen got tiring after a while??? LOL!!!

Mind you. I'm being horrible here. As I type this YouTube started automatically playing a song called "Kat Possessed". Other than the frantic riffs: actually got a real ballsy tone I will say.

But I dunno: just a bit "too out there" for me (believe it or not). For some or the other obscure reason I've got a fine line in the sand (albeit not a rigid line) e.g. Marilyn Manson gives me the "heebie-jeebies" for some reason.

You trying to be funny and ruin my already crappy day??? LOL!!!

Yes: I just looked her up!!! LOL!!!

No kidding!!! And I thought Malmsteen got tiring after a while??? LOL!!!

Mind you. I'm being horrible here. As I type this YouTube started automatically playing a song called "Kat Possessed". Other than the frantic riffs: actually got a real ballsy tone I will say.

But I dunno: just a bit "too out there" for me (believe it or not). For some or the other obscure reason I've got a fine line in the sand (albeit not a rigid line) e.g. Marilyn Manson gives me the "heebie-jeebies" for some reason.
    I typically prefer guitars in vocal based songs. Even thought I really like a lot of the instrumental guys (Vai ,Satch) it can be a bit of overload at times.