Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awhile back, I said I hated pedals...

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: Awhile back, I said I hated pedals...

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    20 pedals on the ground
    Brute force method --I used to gig like this with color codes, label numbers, all sorts of insanity. crazy unnecessary prep time. -I was so against hauling a pedal board in my 20s

-but I'm much less unrealistically idealistic now.

anything to reduce weight, logistics, or effort -I'll consider to a point now.

Not into the Multi FX proc units though -too tonally limiting to a specific MFG.

Cool Re: Awhile back, I said I hated pedals...

I went MFX from the start - Digitech GNX4 8 track/looper MFX it was stolen - - -

Now I have a T.C. Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme - like the GNX4 it's loaded with
    everything a person could possibly need in FX and a looper for vocal & guitar .

EZ :

HR
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

I've gone back and forth many many times from having a large board to a small board to nothing at all. Today it's a Crybaby and I'm adding in a MojoMojo overdrive so I can dial the amp cleaner. If it works in the band setting I'll continue to use it, otherwise I'll try it out with my bass rig for a little grind. My amp has chorus, delay and reverb built in so there's no need for anything else. I've actually been running straight in at rehearsals lately.

Unseen Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar

Even when I used rack stuff I kept it stupid simple......in the end I used them as pedals, on and off....after had gone mad with programming and speculated in all the sonic variances I could get(lost in)....
    I used an insane amount of time to get it mixed balanced and all that idiocy.....only to have it dump out three times for me....from that point....only on and off or a simple link up with delay and verb....
    And in the end sold all of it!

Returned to to pedals....and as few as possible....(am not into replicating anything, I just play like me...and covers could go and fckthmslvs)(meaning we just played some covers and sounded like ourselves and had a blast)
    Sometimes I just a compressor and a delay, the reverb and dirt was build into the amps I used, sometimes some modulation pedal was added...easy and simple...just play!
    “Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.”