Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FS 1983 Hamer USA Vector

Default FS 1983 Hamer USA Vector

1983 Hamer USA Vector. Original Dimarzio made ďHamer SlammerĒ pickups. Hot PAF style, does a killer early Judas Priest tone. Hamer sustain block trem that has been blocked 100%. Iíve played it as a fixed bridge for the entire time Iíve had it, 10+ years with no issues.

Neck is thinner than I prefer. Not super shredder thin like an Ibanez Wizard, but with a flatter profile than I like. Knobs are replacements but the originals are included. Original neck pickup ring was cracked so I replaced it but the original is included as well.

Iím going to call it a light to medium relic condition. Itís got several paint chips, some down to the wood, some have been ďtouched upĒ with paint thatís not quite a match. Couple of extra holes from a strap button relocation, different tuner installation, etc. No trem back plate or trem arm.

Comes with a hard case that has been ďmodifiedĒ by someone who got creative with some paints. Itís an interesting look for sure but the case is solid.

Overall, the guitar is solid, a killer playing and sounding V that I would keep if it had a thicker neck. 35 year old mahogany sounds amazing.

$1,400 shipped OBO. If in the Chicago area wil drive to meet up. Additional pics on request. Ask any and all questions. This thing is a straight up rocker and needs to be played. And you donít have to worry about gigging it because itís already been broken in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25CE10F5-989A-4773-96F0-CA7389D24E91.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	95881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86D4BB8C-3082-478A-9231-CC6AAC5E741F.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	95882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2BAE0A04-E51F-4F4A-AEA3-046F8CF021A3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	95883  
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

HomeGrownToneBrewologist Rich_S's Avatar

Default Re: FS 1983 Hamer USA Vector

Bump for a cool guitar.

Are you a member of the Hamer Fan Club forum? The HFC is definitely the place where that blue V will get some love (and maybe a buyer).

I dig the case, too.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Default Re: FS 1983 Hamer USA Vector

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    Bump for a cool guitar.

Are you a member of the Hamer Fan Club forum? The HFC is definitely the place where that blue V will get some love (and maybe a buyer).

I dig the case, too.

I am and I have it posted over there, too. There’s been some interest and a potential buyer but no money has exchanged hands yet. So, it’s still up for grabs.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.