Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Default Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    No 10,000 times, just one more time. The problem is that the MIDI drums+bass track is a souless construct that is boring and dull as hell to play along. I mean you should be worried if I kept on time 100%. Anyways, I got distracted at times, talked to my son, wife, etc .... I will give it another shot next saturday. The clean part I guess is here to stay.
    Well suit yourself!!! LOL!!!

Please do be advised though that I'm trying to put something together here that is as close to professional as is humanly possible while at the same time not being a professional (if that makes sense). If somebody wants to take over and relax things a bit: then by all means go ahead. No issue will be taken I assure you.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

That's why I asked you for the complete MIDI in the correct tuning before. Hearing the vocal melody helps a lot, and keeps you awake. Can you pls do that? So the plan is :
    1) you upload the full correct MIDI in the correct tuning, in both midi and wav format, please, that will allow so that :
    2) on parallel some people start to work on solos and vocals
    3) i practice my solo parts (Malmsteen, Goldy and maybe some Lynch)
    4) I redo the whole rhythm palm muted part next weekend and upload it
    5) you glue them down all together and present the progress of the whole work
    6) iterate over steps 2 and 5

seems fair?
    Last edited by greekdude; 02-24-2019 at 11:36 PM.

That's why I asked you for the complete MIDI in the correct tuning before. Hearing the vocal melody helps a lot, and keeps you awake. Can you pls do that? So the plan is :
    1) you upload the full correct MIDI in the correct tuning, in both midi and wav format, please, that will allow so that :
    2) on parallel some people start to work on solos and vocals
    3) i practice my solo parts (Malmsteen, Goldy and maybe some Lynch)
    4) I redo the whole rhythm palm muted part next weekend and upload it
    5) you glue them down all together and present the progress of the whole work
    6) iterate over steps 2 and 5

seems fair?
    Hello.

Consider it all done!!! LOL!!! To follow during the week that is. Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed (all six points of yours).

Alright. Time for me to tear myself away here and go do the other inane stuff I need to do which cannot be helped or avoided. Urgh. And somehow I need to get in some practice of my own too (have made that a hard and fast rule i.e. daily even if for only an hour).

Chat later.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Bump. Any activity/interest in this? Come on ppl!

Default I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Honestly, I had a little interest in the beginning but you guys are taking this to a level that Im not interested in.
    I have no desire (or time) to shoot a video and post it up here tbh.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Honestly, I had a little interest in the beginning but you guys are taking this to a level that I’m not interested in.
    You are not interested, your call, but posting irrelevant banners which occupy half the page is creating needless noise to anyone who might be interested.

You are not interested, your call, but posting irrelevant banners which occupy half the page is creating needless noise to anyone who might be interested.
    What are you talking about?

Bump. Any activity/interest in this? Come on ppl!
    Well I'm still here obviously. As I said: just had some stuff to take care of this week. But am busy doing the keys to substitute for vocals until we get a vocalist and so that you can lay down your stuff IN TIME (and that it's not so BORING for you)!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Honestly, I had a little interest in the beginning but you guys are taking this to a level that I’m not interested in.
    Ah c'mon now. Don't be a spoilsport. We need somebody like you (TRUST me on this one!!! LOL!!!). We're talking roughly TEN SECONDS of solo!!!

I really don't understand why the issues with the video though??? There's REALLY nothing to it. Just put a camera or two on, do your thing as usual, and send the stuff to me. I'll take care of the rest. REALLY do not see the problem or the resistance to it. I mean: wouldn't you like to SEE your fellow forum members doing their thing??? I would. And not to mention the fact that I don't see it having been attempted here before. To me: it's a step up from just another attempt at some or the other collaboration. But that's just me. As I said: I'm quite willing to back off and let somebody else take the reigns and who may be more relaxed about the whole thing. I just want to try put together something good and something different and something special. And IT CAN BE DONE!!!

P.S.

@greekdude and @Archer250 have ALREADY videos of their stuff on the solo contest thread. That's all I'm talking about. Nothing more. Hey: if you wanna go and put up lights and fog machines and lasers and whatever else well great. But not necessary. Just what they've done ALREADY will be great!!!
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-26-2019 at 10:13 AM.

No video here. I understand the concept, but that will severely dwindle down our already dwindled-down number of contributors.

Too much. And we don't want audio from an iPhone or similar.
    Last edited by LLL; 02-26-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    I thought it sounded great, until I heard something that sounded good.
    Guitaramped.com

I'm going to take the backing track and lay down my side of the rhythm guitars soon.

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

Looking forward to the rhythm as I'm sure you well know!!!

Not to drag this out re: the video but again I have to ask what is the problem???

Here's the easy way:

Hook up your guitars and whatever else exactly the way you normally do. Only thing you need to do extra is make sure that you're coming out of a speaker somewhere and that your phone or camera is within "hearing" range i.e. the phone or camera will pick up the audio from the speaker via its internal mic. (and obviously this will not work if you're using headphones solely while you're recording i.e. the phone or camera has to be able to "hear" you). So you now end up with your normal audio recording/file which is no different from usual but you ALSO end up with the video on the phone or camera that has audio on it. Then you put it (all the files) somewhere for me to download, I use the two audio tracks to align the video with the normal audio recording, and then remove the phone's or camera's audio track. And done. Where's the problem???

For the love of whatever. Somebody just try it. I'm not talking about setting up your audio interface with your phone or camera or anything like that. It's not necessary.

C'mon. Give me a few seconds of the rhythm part as you normally would do (preferably in time of course!!! LOL!!!) and footage from a phone or camera taken at the same time as while you were laying down your track. You want more takers here??? Trust me on this one.

P.S.

I'll make a deal. Gimme thirty seconds of something. If you don't like the result: I'll drop the idea totally (for now!!! LOL!!!).
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-26-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

no problem with the video. Just two issues :
    - i have never shown my face on the net for non professional purposes and I kind of not feel like doing it. I tried wearing sunglasses but then I am completely blind, (I wear elderly glasses to play the geetar already, no #2 !!)
    - I believe the video can be done at a second stage. The video will have sound and be based on the finished song, so synching will be a piece of cake.

The whole finished song can work as a moivation for the participants to also provide some video. So if we get a little bit more flexible we may achieve bigger. + The anxiety of doing mistakes will not be there, for the obvious reasons.

If besides LLL, also Archer contribute, then I commit to also do (apart from rhythm, yngwie and Goldy) Lynch as well.

Deal?

(jesus this will be a looooong process )
    Last edited by greekdude; 02-26-2019 at 12:30 PM.

no problem with the video. Just two issues :
    - i have never shown my face on the net for non professional purposes and I kind of not feel like doing it. I tried wearing sunglasses but then I am completely blind, (I wear elderly glasses to play the geetar already, no #2 !!)
    - I believe the video can be done at a second stage. The video will have sound and be based on the finished song, so synching will be a piece of cake.

The whole finished song can work as a moivation for the participants to also provide some video. So if we get a little bit more flexible we may achieve bigger. + The anxiety of doing mistakes will not be there, for the obvious reasons.

If besides LLL, also Archer contribute, then I commit to also do (apart from rhythm, yngwie and Goldy) Lynch as well.

Deal?
    Who said we want to see your face anyway??? LOL!!! Point the phone or camera either at the fretboard or at the body of your guitar.

Video later??? Well that's fine if you're prepared to redo/re-record the entire song all over again at some point (which I don't see happening). And you're are not going to be able to mime those solos in a way that's believable.

Of course: you could dress up. Red spandex outfit, makeup, wig, long earrings, you get the idea. Nobody will ever know it's you. I assure you of that!!! LOL!!!

And it's going to be a long process. Yes. If we're going to do it proper anyway. It's actually quite a complicated production with all of those solos let's be honest. And not to mention that we don't have the luxury of all being together in one studio. And we're (you're) trying to cover some guitar icons and this in only a few days. And let's not forget about vocals here either. And all of this makes it all the more of a challenge. But if we get it right (and it doesn't end up looking or sounding amateurish): well that's serious bragging rights (and who knows what else could come of this).

Might be prudent to also note: there's no rush on this. Better for it to take longer but end up being perfect and a showpiece.
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-26-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Layed down the full rhythm guitar tracks... all the way through. Man, the longest rhythm track ever!

It's not a track that's difficult to play; it's very easy, however, have to count out measures so you don't get lost...

...and have to do it twice for doubling!

There's 3 rhythms going on - L track, R track (the doubling) and xtra track (for accents).

When greekdude is ready we can combine his with one of mine for L & R tracks, and use my xtra track.

Here's a sample (with four solo ideas I came up with for fun) with the dpaterson backing track:

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

The full enchilada for "proof-of-concept":

For when it all kicks in, go to :38 or so.

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

You always put a smile on my dial!!!

Any chance of your uploading the tracks without the backing track (and making sure their download permissions are set)??? Just wanna see roughly where we’re at.

Just an observation:

It’s going to sound odd if some of the solos are covered while others are original.

I’ve unfortunately listened to this track (the original with solos as well as the solos by that other dude in the videos) so many times now that if something doesn’t follow the original then it sounds wrong and out of place.

Oddly enough: just realized today I’m having the same issue with the solo contest i.e. have listened to my own submission so many times (and am still finessing it but much along the same melody) that now when I listen to the other submissions I’m (my brain is) expecting them to follow the same pattern or melody and it takes some effort to clear my head and listen to the other submissions in their own right. Suppose there’s a technical or scientific or pschyological explanation for this. Needless to say though: even more difficult to clear your head of original material and to stop comparing with improvised material for the same song.
    Last edited by dpaterson; 02-27-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

LLL set the bar high. Where the funk is our singer ? Using LLL's non-boring backing track and with a little concentration (i.e. not shouting to my son to answer the door bell while hoping its not my cousin, listening with one headphone and recording at the same time) I think I'll nail rhythm and the solos.

LLL set the bar high. Where the funk is our singer ? Using LLL's non-boring backing track and with a little concentration (i.e. not shouting to my son to answer the door bell while hoping its not my cousin, listening with one headphone and recording at the same time) I think I'll nail rhythm and the solos.
    I just reassembled my recording setup. Someone send me the most current version of the track you want me to use and I'll record and repost. I did ask if there was a deadline. My life isn't going great at the moment.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our ReverbNation