Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Default Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Quote Originally Posted by dpaterson View Post
    You know as well as I do that Vivian Campbell is what I'm waiting for!!! LOL!!!

But I MUST reiterate something: this is going to sound odd with improvised solos. Please trust me on this one.
    Yep - I stated previously that I could do either (improvised) or (cover) solo style. Covers is fine.
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    I thought it sounded great, until I heard something that sounded good.
    Guitaramped.com

Fixed first post in thread

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

Ultimate Tone Slacker

I got the intro solo covered better than before, including Goldy. Next is Lynch's first solo and then the 2nd part (starting immediately after malmsteen's 2nd and last solo) Lynch + Cavazo + Goldy just before the final LLL solo kicks in. Working on this.

...So NOW which version do I sing over?
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our ReverbNation

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Beer$ View Post
    ...So NOW which version do I sing over?
    this : https://soundcloud.com/user-29051371...e-solos-tracks

should be fine, ingore the initial keyboards during the inital clean part, while singing "who cares for the children, I do", this keyboards part should not exist in the real final version, it is wrong anyway. Or you could do the vocal intro "who cares for the children, I do" later. Another option : I send you just the clean guitar arpeggio and you sing over this, and then Dale puts it in the mix. Tell me what you prefer.

I'd always use the latest version uploaded on the thread for vocals. This being said: I think it's been agreed (tacitly anyway) that everyone is happy with the basic backing track that really only contains that bass and drums. So that's not going to change i.e. the length and arrangement will not change.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

my latest solos + from scratch updates from the previous upload :
    intro solo stopping after Ojeda's solo , plus the two yngwie solos : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...yngwie-session
    Lynch, Goldy, Cavazo and some random generic whammy bar : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...cavazo-session

so ladys and DJENT-elmen that's all from me.
    Last edited by greekdude; 03-02-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Very nice.

But not so fast to dissapear!!!

Just to be clear:

When you say "intro. solo" are you referring to the actual acoustic guitar intro. solo or something else??? Because neither of those new files include the acoustic guitar intro. solo. Am I to be using the acoustic guitar intro. solo from you that I've been using all along (which is fine i.e. it's good but I'm just getting confused is all)???

Will combine all of the tracks tomorrow sometime and see what's happening.

I'll get my rhythms up over the weekend in .wav format.

I was also thinking about Iron Maiden's contribution (the harmonized lines during the choruses).

I'd be willing to do both guitarists' pieces, but if someone wanted to team up with me that'd work too.

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by dpaterson View Post
    Very nice.

But not so fast to dissapear!!!

Just to be clear:

When you say "intro. solo" are you referring to the actual acoustic guitar intro. solo or something else??? Because neither of those new files include the acoustic guitar intro. solo. Am I to be using the acoustic guitar intro. solo from you that I've been using all along (which is fine i.e. it's good but I'm just getting confused is all)???

Will combine all of the tracks tomorrow sometime and see what's happening.
    The acoustic clean part is the same, no changes there, so pls use the one I posted previously : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...are-stars-midi
    Also all the above are for testing, review purposes. If we accept the various parts, then I'll send the full wav files.

So in total we have 4 tracks from me :
    - the clean part
    - the rhythm part
    - solo track 1 (start of solo + yngwie)
    - solo track 2 (lynch/goldy/cavazo)

When you tell me, I'll post all of them as wav.
    Last edited by greekdude; 03-02-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Hi.

OK. Great. Got it. Will download all during the course of the day and stitch together and upload the result and see where we're at.

Thanks for the hard work though. Really great stuff (I listened quickly last night on SoundCloud but it was too late to start analyzing and mixing and whatever else).

So when I tell you that something doesn't sound right or it's not tight enough or it needs to be redone then reflect on this (just posted by someone over at the unofficial Marshall forums):

Irrelevant but for the sake of interest that's a Marshall CODE100H that they're using.

Busy with the files now...

Yo.

Apologies for the delay (just got some other personal issues right now that are taking up a bit of time).

Here's the latest audio (below). Once again: not mixed i.e. only some very basic track level matching done really. Once again: rhythm guitars panned 50% left/50% right. And greekdude's solos panned 75% left/75% right just for some variation. That's about it.

I would be asking for the .WAV files but I don't see the point of huge downloads at this stage i.e. we still need some vocals, more solos, more participants, you get the picture.

Yep need a few more days myself.

Fastest ears in the West

Guitaramped.com

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Thank you so much. The result so far is perfect. It can only get even better as more people send their tracks. Dale I hope everything runs fine with your issues.

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

That sounds excellent..great work with those solo's! I'd volunteer to do something but it's been at least 20 years since I learned anyone else's solo's...just is'nt my thing anymore.

Sounds like you're doing just fine anyway
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Bandcamp

Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Yep need a few more days myself.
    No problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    Thank you so much. The result so far is perfect. It can only get even better as more people send their tracks. Dale I hope everything runs fine with your issues.
    Thank you for your concern with my personal issues. Much appreciated. Yeh. I've very suddenly ended up in a rather bad situation thanks to an unforeseen delay in a business deal and I'm trying everything I can to buy myself the necessary time and this takes time. But I tell you: it's taken this to once again remind me why I don't bother with any of my previous so-called friendships or prior relationships with people. Only thing you can count on is family and I unfortunately don't have this luxury since my father passed some years ago. So yeh: people think I'm "odd" because I'd rather be on my own with my dog in my studio with my music. But I get far more out of this than I have ever gotten out of decades of hanging around with so-called friends by the dozen and entertaining and drinking and carrying on like idiots and basically just wasting precious "life" time. At the end of the day: that all counts for sh*t. If nothing else at least I can say I've accomplished something on a personal level (and musically) in the last few years and that's more than I can say for anybody I used to hang out with. Only regret is that I didn't reach this point decades ago!!! Anyways. I gotta make some plan otherwise I'll be mixing this song on a street corner!!! LOL!!! Just have to scrape some cash for a generator and we're good to go!!! LOL!!!

Anyways. My problems are my own I guess.

I didn't get around to commenting on what you've done so far as it was really late last night (early in the morning) here when I uploaded the file and I couldn't keep my eyes open!!! LOL!!!

But what you've done is really and truly awesome. And I must say that I personally am amazed at how you've been able to crack those solos as accurately as you have in such a short space of time. Basically you only started listening to the original track on or around the 19th of Feb. so we're talking about less than three weeks of work and I know you don't have the luxury of being able to sit and practice this stuff 24/7 so I'm guessing we're talking mere days for you to have accomplished all of this. So well done. You can be real proud of your contributions thus far. Oh: LOVE the "whammy bar clown" work!!! LOL!!!

Must say I'm once again really surprised though that we've not gotten more interest here. Same thing as the solo contest. Pity. If nothing else: I would have imagined that those that contributed to the solo contest would have been interested in contributing here. Maybe this will still be the case.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Dale, I dunno, being with people is a virtue in itself. Don't know what to say about your dad. I see this coming for mine. And its gonna be so sad and hollow I probably cannot imagine.
    Anyways, ppl, pls, this is getting truly awesome!! So please any members that might consider this, it's truly cool to participate in such a great effort!

Yeh well. Maybe my choices of who I've mixed with in the past leaves much to be desired so that could be the issue. I'm sure you've heard the saying "if you lie with dogs you get fleas" (although truth be told that saying has always amused me i.e. my dog doesn't have, and has never had, fleas)!!! LOL!!!

Anyway and for the sake of some testing: I called up the same original file as last night and just ran it through iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced's matching EQ using Pink Noise as the Target Curve. It sure does a nice job of evening out the spectrum (and brings your solos out REAL nice). Unfortunately: any processing I do is accentuating the distortion in the backing track we're using for now but no big deal i.e. this just for the sake of getting everything together now. And of course losing a lot because of the .MP3 conversion. But nevertheless and in spite of the one or two issues: this sure does sound absolutely awesome on my PA I must just tell you.

Man. I get so excited about this stuff it's unreal. I could make a production of note out of this darn thing if we were all together i.e. DMX controlled fog, lighting, laser, and pyro. (DMX being triggered by MIDI i.e. have this fancy MIDI to DMX converter that works like an absolute charm)!!! Would be AWESOME!!! Oh well. Maybe one day!!!

But: GREAT JOB the two of you I have to say!!!
    Last edited by dpaterson; 03-05-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Listen up. Sorry. Couldn't help but post this!!!

Been listening AGAIN to what we've (you've) done thus far. And I want to tell you that it is absolutely awesome. And believe me when I say that I don't make this statement lightly: I actually really do prefer this to the original. There is something "raw" and "uncut" about this version thus far.
    Last edited by dpaterson; 03-05-2019 at 12:48 PM.