Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

hey ppl, two guys from the greek musicians forum, liked the idea, and one submitted the first campbell solo which I liked. What do we do? Are we waiting more? Or should I start talking with them till we have something mix-able and in the correct format? I am awaiting your thoughts. Members here have priority of course, but it's a shame to stop it here.

btw, Dale, about my solo tracks, I think the right channel (yngwie) is just a tad little too loud, while the left (lynch) a little too low. Could you pls bring them to their average vol?
    Last edited by greekdude; 03-05-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Hello.

Well LLL must give his input here I think. But from my side and given the lack of interest shown here: I'd say to get them involved. I mean to say why not??? And if this is just supposed to be for SD Forum Members well then they can sign up as members and problem solved not??? And I for one will not give up on this until it's complete and perfect i.e. it's sounding too good to just let it slip by the wayside as appears to have been the case with other previous attempts at collaborations on this very site.

Funny you should mention the levels i.e. I actually manually lowered the level of the solos on the left channel. For some reason or the other I was perceiving them as much louder than the right channel stuff. Odd that. But I'll put them back to "all equal" and upload again for you.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Dale thanks for your determination and work! So people, you got the message! Please start to at least report your current status/plans on this! Also vocals is a major part. Any updates on this?

Yeh. C’mon dudes. The Europeans (the Greeks) are showing you up!!! LOL!!! I thought there’d be so many takers from the good ‘ol US of A that we’d have to turn down some due to lack of track (space)!!! LOL!!! Hmmmnnn... Wonder if this be the reason that Nuclear Blast has signed/distributes 99% of the good music nowadays... (J-O-K-I-N-G!!! LOL!!!).

P.S.

@greekdude:

Here you go. Go play these dudes the track when it’s finished. Rock Of Angels Records, a division of Infinity Entertainment, and Infinity Entertainment having exclusive distribution rights in Greece for Nuclear Blast!!! LOL!!! Think BIG dude(s)!!!

https://roar.gr/about-us/

P.P.S.

Nuclear Blast signed Metal Allegiance so why not us (you guys)??? LOL!!!

P.P.P.S.

But then we (you) need a video......... So there’s that.........
    Last edited by dpaterson; 03-06-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Hey, here is Campbell #1 from my greek friend gvour : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...ian-campbell-1

Good morning.

Tell gvour he can join the forums!!! LOL!!! That sounds pretty Vivian-ish to me. Nice.

Will only be able to download and add to our test track (with your solo levels changed) a bit later in the day. Sorry for that. Chat later.

Thank you so much for ur amazing suggestion and now im totally clear thanks for that....

Quote Originally Posted by greekdude View Post
    Hey, here is Campbell #1 from my greek friend gvour : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...ian-campbell-1
    Any chance you could make the file downloadable???

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Here you go (below).

Not a particularly good mix I'm afraid. Been sitting with it too long tonight and don't seem to be able to get it on tonight.

The new solos are nice but the tone used for both is a bit harsh and piercing. I've tried to tame them both a little with some dynamic EQ and added some little reverb to them. Also difficult to put this together with having the actual backing track panned to one side so as to accommodate the guitar double tracking but this will resolve itself when we get all of the separate tracks and I no longer have to pan the backing tracking.

Oh and any particular reason why these are mono files??? The others are all stereo (from what I gather they're not simply dual mono as they have some width to them albeit very slight).

The above all being said: in spite of my now probably suffering from ear fatigue it does sound pretty darn good I think. The solos are fitting well. Loads of work to be done on them though e.g. removing the noise and noises just prior to each solo starting as well as trimming the ends so that everything flows nice (and that's just for starters).

I started setting up to visually mix them nice (with pink noise and spectrum analyzer) but too tired i.e. not concentrating proper but will get to this tomorrow. And each of the solos is going to have to be carefully adjusted to get the individual levels right. Started doing this and adjusting peak and RMS levels (manually i.e. this auto nonsense doesn't work for me) but again: too much for this time of night I'm afraid.

Anyway: have a listen. All comments and input welcome of course.

And it is now time for me to take a break!!! LOL!!!
    Last edited by dpaterson; 03-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

More solos and vocals coming in!

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Last edited by greekdude; 03-10-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Good morning.

Thank you for that. I've listened to it. Very nice and great tone too. Have just downloaded it. Will put it together with the rest of the stuff that we have and see how things stand.

Here's the latest installment!!! LOL!!!

It's quite a thing to get all of the different guitar solos to the same perceived level I'll you. But I'm getting there. This not too bad. Three files: normal, mastered with Lurssen, and mastered with TRackS-5. Take you pick.

Normal:

Lurssen:

TRackS-5:

Ultimate Tone Slacker

perfect... we are only short of 1-2 solos + vocals! I like the last version better, but got no headphones at the moment to listen more carefully.

How’re you doing???

The last one is pushed a bit much I think to be honest i.e. it may only sound great because it’s louder is all.

But (to all) bear in mind I’m still having to work with .MP3 files here to begin with. And secondly, because LLL’s rhythm guitar part includes a backing track, the backing track itself is being panned which doesn’t really work nice (not to mention the distortion contained in that track). But yeh: if we can get all the solos done then I can ask for the original .WAV files and start working on this proper (there’s a lot to be done to make it a pristine and professional grade mix and master). Maybe at that point we’ll get some vocals in???

The above all being said: I personally think it’s come together nice thus far.

P.S.

Don’t forget there’s some outtro. solos as well (at the end of the song) (obviously).
    Last edited by dpaterson; 03-10-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Brad Gillis, more correct version of his solo by Dimitris (geodimitri) :
    https://soundcloud.com/geodimitri/brad-gillis-solo

pls use this!

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Vivian Campbell by Bill Trantos :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5zklcolgh...20n.2.wav?dl=0

Here you go:

No mastering done i.e. just levels matched.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

this is just great!