Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tc electronic flashback 2

Default Tc electronic flashback 2

The flashback 2 is really worth its price or is it better to get a flashback? I am searching for a digital delay with the features of the tc electronic flashback but I am pretty confused by the 2

Default Re: Tc electronic flashback 2

I had mine for only a few weeks. They boast a max delay time of over 7 seconds, but that is only a few modes. Some of the analog/tape modes max out at 800ms, which takes it out of the running for me. None of their marketing material said that. I understand actual analog or tape delays didn't have long delay times, but these are digital simulations which shouldn't be constrained to the physical world. I don't understand the max delay times only available in a few modes.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Little Pigbacon

It could be that, in certain modes, they are running multiple tracks. But this is only speculation.

The Flashback 2 has some pretty wild features controlled with the footswitch. I am thinking very seriously about benching my original Flashback for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    It could be that, in certain modes, they are running multiple tracks. But this is only speculation.

The Flashback 2 has some pretty wild features controlled with the footswitch. I am thinking very seriously about benching my original Flashback for one.
    I also thought that something like that...or that they could 'upgrade' the other modes to longer delay times with a firmware update. But they didn't think there was much need for it (I asked). Also, I don't think the MASH function works with the looper.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post

So you think it's better to get the flashback 2. I am not a big fan of delay pedals, but I want to add a pedal like this to my rig

Little Pigbacon

Quote Originally Posted by EmiAba View Post
    So you think it's better to get the flashback 2. I am not a big fan of delay pedals, but I want to add a pedal like this to my rig
    I would look carefully at the differences. I see some shuffling of the presets that’s been done to accommodate the two more Tone Print spots and Crystal; you lose some presets that the original had. If that, coupled with the realization that MASH doesn’t work on the looper, is personally devastating to you, you might be happier with the original. I’m pretty hyped up about MASH, but I like the original presets. I might get a 2 and keep the 1 as well.

Having one for a few weeks as well as an original Flashback, I'd pick a Line 6 DL4 every time. That is, unless you wanna go for the Andromeda.

Little Pigbacon

Oh, you...