Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa... Headrush!

Default Whoa... Headrush!

Well, I did itÖ a couple of weeks ago I picked up one of these bad boys:

The Headrush Pedalboard... this thing is INSANE!

Iíve been spending a lot of time getting to know it during the past couple of weeks and to say that Iím impressed would be a gross understatement. So many amps, cabs, effects, and configurations that I can do pretty much anything Iíd ever want and then some, but itís also super-easy to use. Every other multi-effect pedal Iíve owned has needed to be hooked up to a computer in order to effectively tweak and explore, but this baby doesnít need such help. Hell, they donít even HAVE software for editing your sounds. You can do everything from the touchscreen display and 4 knobs.

So it sounds great and is easy to program, but itís also got enough controls and features readily available that itís actually easy to OPERATE as well while youíre playing. Itís got 12 footswitches on the face of the unit... 8 of which are completely customizable. You can work with 8 rigs, 8 stompboxes, 4 of each, or even a set list mode. Also, the ability to do scenes is awesome (you know... hit ONE button for a solo boost with some extra delay, chorus and a change in EQ and hit another one to go back).

Anyway, enough gushing for now. I just wanted to brag for a minute about my new toy!

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Default Re: Whoa... Headrush!

Nice.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

I just checked out a couple YouTube videos about it.
    It looks like quite the rig. A couple 100?,1000 toys in one.
    Money well spent I'd say. More than ready to rock.
    Congrats.

OH THE GLAZE!

Damn son.

Congratulations! Whilst the interface was not for me, I did do a shootout between the Headrush, the Helix and the GT-1000 some time back, and found that I liked the basic Marshall sound in the Headrush the most.
    Last edited by Sirion; 03-11-2019 at 11:47 PM.

So nice!

Iíve been thinking of getting the gigboard.

If you have some time I would love to get your opinion on the models of the Princeton Reverb and the Tweed Deluxe.

Wow! Those sounded good at NAMM, but I didn't try it. I do have an HX Effects headed this way.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    I do have an HX Effects headed this way.
    Really love this unit. Awesome sounds and flexibility, a relatively small real estate on my board. Currently using it as a pre-post FX units, and as a MIDI controller.

Congrats on your purchase. Rock on!

To the OP: Congrats on your purchase. Will you be using it as a standalone unit, or also in 4CM with your amp?
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics), PRS SE CU 24 Flametop (TB5/PGn), Ibanez RG870RWZ (PATB set), Jackson DK2M1H (TB4) & DK2 (TB10/VRn/CRn), LTD ST213A (HRb/STK-S4 m&n) & TE212 (Hot Stack/A2Pn), Dean Cadillac 1980 (59 set) & Old Skull V (TB6/JazzN), Squier VM JM (SJM-1 set);Effects:Korg Pitchblack Poly, Digitech Drop, MXR CAE MC404 & EHX Wailer wahs, L6 HX FX & Stomp, Fender FVP-1, EHX Volume Pedal; Amp & Cab:H&K GM 40 Dlx, L6 DT25 cab;

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    Wow! Those sounded good at NAMM, but I didn't try it. I do have an HX Effects headed this way.
    Say, didn't you already get rid of one of those? Or am I misremembering? I am, incidentally, picking mine up today.

I did.
    But I am building an acoustic rig now, and while it didn't work for me for the electric stuff, it might replace what I am currently using for the acoustic. I couldn't afford to hang on to it (sold it for a profit, too) when it didn't do what I wanted.

Fair enough I'm playing around with mine right now. I hope they make a new dimension chorus at some point (the legacy model leaves something to be desired in my opinion), but apart from that it seems to work terrifically.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Archer250's Avatar

Nice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Myaccount876 View Post
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blille View Post
    So nice!

Iíve been thinking of getting the gigboard.

If you have some time I would love to get your opinion on the models of the Princeton Reverb and the Tweed Deluxe.
    I've been away at a conference in Phoenix all week and won't be home until Sunday night (still trying to decide whether or not to go to work Monday), so I haven't been able to play with it! I can give you my opinions on those, but honestly don't have any experience with the real things to be able to make a comparison. Maybe I could record and post some clips though.

Sent from my Fire HD10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BriGuy1968; 03-16-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsys View Post
    To the OP: Congrats on your purchase. Will you be using it as a standalone unit, or also in 4CM with your amp?
    So far I'm thinking standalone, but going into the effects return instead of the "front," bypassing the preamp and going directly into the power section. I like the idea of trying to dial in my tone in such a way that I can run it straight into the board. Watched a band a couple of nights ago where both guitarists we're playing HD500Xs, straight in, no amps, and IEMs... they sounded great and there was almost no stage clutter. The IEMs probably aren't in my near future, but limiting the coloration by bypassing the preamp gives me, essentially, a 100 watt 2x12 powered speaker that can either function as an extension of the house system or as a stage monitor.Chorus

Headrush makes a couple of full-range flat-response powered speakers (FRFR-108 & FRFR-112) that are tailored to it and pack plenty of power, but I figured I'd try it this way first. Still, they would be REALLY cool, especially in stereo...

https://www.headrushfx.com/products/frfr-108

https://www.headrushfx.com/products/frfr-112

Sent from my Fire HD10 using Tapatalk

Probably best to turn the cab sims off if you are running into the return of an amp and guitar speakers, that's been my experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by devastone View Post
    Probably best to turn the cab sims off if you are running into the return of an amp and guitar speakers, that's been my experience anyway.
    I completely understand what youíre saying, but I have to also say that I have trouble with that concept. I just feel like itís a terrible waste to have all these different cabs to choose from and to ignore them just because Iím running into a real cab... especially since the real cab isnít anywhere NEAR as cool as the sims.

That being said, it didnít take me long to start realizing some drawbacks to the idea of running directly into my ampís power section. First of all, while I am able to get some really awesome tones, I am finding that I am still fighting the natural tone of my amp (so I graciously admit that I think you are correct). Second is one I didnít really think of until I was at an audition this past Sunday. They wanted me to run into their board and I realized that I was unable to find a good balance between the volume of my amp and the volume coming out of their system (which was admittedly pretty poor). I ended up going into the front of my amp instead, which sounded like ass since I had set up all my sounds to sound best when bypassing the preamp.

So I decided to break down and order one of the Headrush FRFR-108 powered speakers. The ďFRFRď stands for ďfull range, flat response,Ē and it has an 8 inch speaker with a whopping 2000 W of power!

Iím hoping that this thing lives up to the hype and to the ratings it seems to have earned. I really love the idea of my ďampď being a mere 19 pounds... especially if the sound is more accurate and itís actually easier to duplicate that sound into the PA.

Love to hear the review of the cab. I run my Fractal into IEMs live, but for rehearsal it just goes into a Mackie Thump, which is far from flat.

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
    I completely understand what youíre saying, but I have to also say that I have trouble with that concept. I just feel like itís a terrible waste to have all these different cabs to choose from and to ignore them just because Iím running into a real cab... especially since the real cab isnít anywhere NEAR as cool as the sims.

I ended up going into the front of my amp instead, which sounded like ass since I had set up all my sounds to sound best when bypassing the preamp.

So I decided to break down and order one of the Headrush FRFR-108 powered speakers. The ďFRFRď stands for ďfull range, flat response,Ē and it has an 8 inch speaker with a whopping 2000 W of power!
    Running the cab sims into a real power amp and guitar cab is like running the preamps in the the preamp of an amp, just on the back end. The guitar speaker is shaping the tone and you are trying to compensate for the cab sim.

Good choice on the FRFR, I run through studio monitors when I am setting up direct sounds, actually most of my practice time is through those. I have a cab if I want to jam, but I turn the cab sims off. The Headrush FRFR should sound great, I was torn on getting something like that or the guitar cab, I went with the cab because I keep thinking I might get a lunchbox head someday.

Tone Member

Nice!!! I have the Avid Eleven Rack for years and I always get good comments about my sound.
    I used to run my 11R to a Peavey tube power amp and a 4x12" cab but now I'm only direct to FOH. Took a lot of time to tweak since 11R doesn't support IR but now it's fantastic and so easy to load-in/out. At home I play thru an EV ZLX12P and Zxa1 sub (play bass also) but looking for the Tech21 Deuce Power Engine, more guitar oriented than a powered PA cab

So it arrived, but Iím still at work.

The wife texted me a pic just to get me going...