Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking recommendations for a Solid state amp for headphone use.

Default Re: Seeking recommendations for a Solid state amp for headphone use.

Like I said earlier
    A modeling pedal
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

One of those 'Hotone Nano' series amps..like the Heart Attack. That thing sounds awesome
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Bandcamp

Super Toneologist

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    All that gives you is one headphone sound. Why not get something that gives you oceans of different sounds?
    It is only 40 bucks, and it's not "one"sound really -as it has a powerful gain control with distortion, multiple delay presets to choose from and an EQ -plus an Aux IN for playing along.

But yes it's not a multi-effects unit -so it's not "oceans of sounds"

Just a cheap and great immediate solution for jamming with a kid in the house.

If he's looking for something powerful -I'd buy a premium multieffects workstation pedal like you suggest and forget trying to mix an amp with headphone out in this purchase (he said he already has great amps) -as I think anytime you try to mix effects and robust features into an amp -you are likely settling on an Amp that trying to do too much and isn't great at any one thing.
    Last edited by NegativeEase; 03-17-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guitfiddle View Post
    Orange Micro Terror or Micro Dark.
    If I didn't have my mg15 I would go this route because I do like em Orange

Also, for the MG,
    Even if it's only 8" speaker it's an ok low volume practice amp for those times you get the house to yourself and are tired of having the guitar right in your ear.
    Digital modeling amps are gonna give you a lot more bang for your buck I guarantee but, depends on your choice of modeler cuz I like the mg more than my fender champion modeling amp for Marshall sounds at low volume. The contour control is actually pretty useful and you can sort of match the mid-range shape to whatever guitar etc... The champion has bass and treble controls only which is fine for fender models but their Marshally stuff sucks with no mids knob. I digress...
    If you get a good price on an MG15 I mean it's not the best thing ever but it's not a POS either
    They look good and have a Marshally flavor... And it does say Marshall in the front if that gets you going. For some people that's worth it.

It was $80 shipped I think for mine about four years ago, I always thought it was worth it at that price, especially cuz I like the reverb tank on it, it looks good, and sounds ok with either headphones or speaker...

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Tone Member

If you want something simple, you can still buy the Rockman Guitar Ace via Musician's Friend and Amazon:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampl...-headphone-amp

If you want the best of the Rockman line and don't mind the second-hand market, get a Rockman X-100. Those were pretty much the best of the Rockman headphone amps.
    Last edited by rbc; Yesterday at 07:54 AM.