Thread: 2 way switch

Default 2 way switch

Anybody ever have a 2 way pickup switch? Have a Superswitch in my RG, and I only ever use bridge or neck alone. I know itís the two outer positions, so itís not hard to just flip back and forth, but if thereís an either/or switch Iíd rather have that.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

Default Re: 2 way switch

They're commonplace in toggles. Never seen one in the "lever" style though.

Ultimate Tone Slacker metalchurch79's Avatar

I searched everywhere for that very same thing and got no where. The closet thing I came to was the older Fender Blackmore Strat with the single coil in the bridge and neck, but it was more than likely a 3-way switch. I emailed Fender 2 or 3 times and got no response so I gave up.

I tried modding a 3-way by taking the center detent out of it but it wouldnt work like that. Thats one of those things I wish someone would make...
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Yeah, I was wondering how the first Fender Blackmore model worked. It might have had only a 2 position lever switch. I know he only ever used the neck or bridge.

Name:  blackmore.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  42.5 KB
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

If someone pop-riveted a piece of Delrin/Teflon et al to the side of the slider, to "mask" that middle notch, it would make it a very smooth 2-way. I doubt anyone did that. But one could.

Ultimate Tone Slacker metalchurch79's Avatar

Yea Dave that's my guess as to what they used (3-way tele), but like I said, I never got a definitive answer. That is the very guitar I was referring to as well. I'm pretty sure I even made a thread about this asking the same thing maybe a year or so ago.

I wanted it for a single humbucker guitar with the neck position being the kill switch. Although it would be a neat way to split the humbucker also. I'm going with a push/push 500k for this relic Strat I'm building for no other reason than to get another sound. I'll likely never use it but hey...
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieToo View Post
    If someone pop-riveted a piece of Delrin/Teflon et al to the side of the slider, to "mask" that middle notch, it would make it a very smooth 2-way. I doubt anyone did that. But one could.
    Delrin, like a .5mm Tortex pick?

Exactly. Good thinking.