Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real/Fake fender?

tonewood instigator

Default Re: Real/Fake fender?

Quote Originally Posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    Looks to be a highway one Stratocaster in cocoa. Hot pickups, big frets, vintage tremolo , made in USA. Pretty nice guitars

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    They only did cocoa in the early 2000s if remember correctly as a limited edition thing, so it couldn't be from 2013.
    Like the fool I am and I'll always be
    I've got a dream, I've got a dream
    They can change their minds but they can't change me
    I've got a dream, I've got a dream
    Oh, I know I could share it if you'd want me to
    If you're goin' my way, I'll go with you

Quote Originally Posted by Chistopher View Post
    They only did cocoa in the early 2000s if remember correctly as a limited edition thing, so it couldn't be from 2013.
    I'm probably wrong about the name of the finish, that was just my best guess. Also if it's a 2013 I think it might be actually an "American Special Stratocaster" which were a similar thing to the highway one I believe. Slightly cheaper American model with slightly less fancy features (i.e. vintage trem). But I think those had matte finishes IIRC so I'm not sure. Best to look up the serial #

Quote Originally Posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    I'm probably wrong about the name of the finish, that was just my best guess. Also if it's a 2013 I think it might be actually an "American Special Stratocaster" which were a similar thing to the highway one I believe. Slightly cheaper American model with slightly less fancy features (i.e. vintage trem). But I think those had matte finishes IIRC so I'm not sure. Best to look up the serial #

That's exactly what it is an American Special. I looked it up after I read your comment. According to musician's friend it has Texas Special pickups. I've never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty302 View Post
    Yeah something just doesn't look right to me. A woman has it for sale on Facebook for only $250. Advertised as an American Strat.
    Attachment 97493

I believe that was the "reservoir tip" headstock that Fender offered briefly in 1970-something.

Fender joined forces with some dude named "Johnny Wadd" in hopes of elevating their flaccid sales...

Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza

Fastest ears in the West

Stop talkin' and start chalkin'

Guitaramped.com