Thread: Wiring Help: Slash Set, 3 Pots

Default Wiring Help: Slash Set, 3 Pots

Hi there,

I am struggling a little bit trying to wire the Slash set in my Ibanez ART. I'm wanting to do it using the 50's wiring style if that doesn't make it more confusing.

The Slash set, as you probably know already, is single conductor (which is confusing me). I haven't been able to find a proper diagram that shows me how to hook those up with my jack that has 3 prongs and not the standard 2 as in most diagrams. I'd like to do 2 volumes and 1 tone but would be completely fine with 1 volume and 2 tones if it would be easier to find the diagram for.

If I read correctly in other threads, the inner wire goes where the black wire goes in the standard diagrams and the outer cover is the equivalent of the green/bare? That still leaves me not knowing what to do with the 3 prong jack and where it goes. Also, if the sheath (wire cover) touches other wires, will that kill the signal? And lastly, I'm not positive of where the cap would go.

If anyone could share a diagram or draw me something up, it'd be MUCH appreciated! Thanks everyone, as always!

Default Re: Wiring Help: Slash Set, 3 Pots

Try this:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...f-output-jacks

Tip is always your output. Presumably ring is an optional for active pickups, which yours aren't. So your hot signal will wire to tip, not to ring. Ground is still ground.

Then you can use this:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring...accessory-none

Black on Slash pickups is equivalent to black on this diagram, it's the hot lead. Shield goes to ground. You didn't specify selector so I assume 3-way toggle. You can see the cap wiring on the SD diagram, it goes between the middle pole of the tone pot and ground, so that it can provide a path for the high frequencies to escape to ground.

Default Re: Wiring Help: Slash Set, 3 Pots

That helped me tremendously, thank you! I forgot to post and thank you and just saw it. Sorry.